This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post E3 Comments......

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot, so mods, please move it as you see fit.

I just watched and read a write up on the E3, held last week in LA. AOL listed all the "top" games, and the list was quite long....guess which one wasn't there? It also mentioned that in addition to hot babes (I think they showed the idiots holding the staff weapons upside down), celebrities were also in attendence....guess who wasn't interviewed or even mentioned?

Just thought I'd past the info along. I'm not happy......
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Originally posted by Lida
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot, so mods, please move it as you see fit.

I just watched and read a write up on the E3, held last week in LA. AOL listed all the "top" games, and the list was quite long....guess which one wasn't there? It also mentioned that in addition to hot babes (I think they showed the idiots holding the staff weapons upside down), celebrities were also in attendence....guess who wasn't interviewed or even mentioned?

Just thought I'd past the info along. I'm not happy......
    I would guess that places like AOL wouldn't list it. If you read the review linked from the Gateworld News (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/617/617...html?fromint=1), I would imagine not many will have reviews for it.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link DJFavorite. Much appreciated.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

In the grand scheme of the industry (which is what E3 is), Stargate is a tiny blip on the radar. It would be nice if RDA's presence had gotten the game a little more mainstream press, but all in all the coverage was about what I expected for our little game.

GateWorld, of course, will continue to keep the magnifying glass on the Stargate universe and Stargate SG-1: The Alliance!
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I was bummed because it was not mentioned by the G4tv coverage of E3. About the IGN review, it was no surprise that the person that reviewed the game didn't know anything about Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
            In the grand scheme of the industry (which is what E3 is), Stargate is a tiny blip on the radar. It would be nice if RDA's presence had gotten the game a little more mainstream press, but all in all the coverage was about what I expected for our little game.

GateWorld, of course, will continue to keep the magnifying glass on the Stargate universe and Stargate SG-1: The Alliance!
            And that's just one of the reasons we love your site so much!

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer
              I was bummed because it was not mentioned by the G4tv coverage of E3. About the IGN review, it was no surprise that the person that reviewed the game didn't know anything about Stargate.
              I wouldn't take too much into the IGN review... first off it was only a Beta. Secondly the person reviewing it certainly sounded like he/she never saw a episode of Stargate and had to go and look up what it was all about.

Thus the negative tone that was displayed throughout the passage. The game is still being hashed out and be debugged... it won't be released until Q4 of this year so that's probably anywhere from November to December.

Months of time for those lovable computer geeks at JoWood to finish a game, which by the sounds of it, have a great deal fans of Stargate there. They know what kind of game fans have been waiting for since SG-1 appeared on Showtime. I have faith... wait and see

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I just watched the trailer for the game and thought it looked pretty awesome! It might not be getting tons of press, but if people really enjoy the game it will sell. The thing is, most likely Stargate fans will buy the game and most other people won't really know about it too much!
                sigpic

Comment

The biggest thing of E3 this year were the "console wars." Rarely in the history of E3 do you see a wave of new consoles being displayed for the first (or nearly first) time to the public all at once. As a result, most of the media attention was on the big three's newest consoles and next gen games. Seeing as how Stargate Alliance isn't a next gen game, it wasn't too surprising that it didn't get a lot of press, even with celebrity support.

In all actuality though, I'm more excited about TES IV: Oblivion than Stargate Alliance.

Comment

It has got some mainstream press in a way. it's had a few full page reports in magazines in the UK like Xbox official (who said it looked amazing (and it does!!)) and a friend said gamesmaster did a bit as well. at least it's registered with people that it's out there!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                    X