This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four More Years!!! Four More Years!!!

Four more years of SG-1 & SGA! In fact, lets make that 9 more years.! SG-1 has been reformed and this won't be the last year, and all the SGA actors contracts go for 6 years!

STARGATE SG-1 IN '06!!!
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Source?
    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

And when were these contracts signed? And who's contracts, specifically? And why am I even bothering to ask these questions!!!!

TPTB will know sometime late this summer, if they have a green light to go for a season 10 for SG-1 and a season 3 for SGA. Period.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

ONLY NINE!!! I would have said infinity more years, Stargate is never going to end!

Owen Macri

Comment

As long as the show is good, I don't care if it lasts another four years. As long as the show is good, I would want it to keep going for however long it can go -- same with Atlantis. Right now, I like the shows. If I don't think they're doing so well anymore, I won't be as adamant about them continuing. But you know? I've seen ups and downs in getting caught up -- I started during the seventh season so I'm quite new, relatively speaking, but I've watched virtually every episode now -- but overall, I've liked all of SG-1 to the max, even with those ups and downs.

They'd have to royally frak up for me to no longer be so avid a fan.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

If the "new" Sg-1 is good, 4 more years could be good. If it's not, I would not want it turning into the next "The Simpsons" ruining what made it good in the first place.

Atlantis: 6 Years seems good.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Atlantis forever sounds even better!

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

i think that the Cast will continue only if it is interesting and just Dragging on for the money.
                i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I agree that four more years would be awesome, but only if the shows are still good. I don't see this writing staff suddenly churning out cra*, but you never know. There were a few clunkers in the first seven seasons of SG1, but they were far outweighed by the great eps!

And I can see Atlantis going on for at least six years, but I'd like to see some confirmation from outside the scifi channel for that.

(BTW, don't believe scifi when they say that they've confirmed a contract for X amount of years... they back out of those all the frelling time! GRRRRRRRRRRR)

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
                    Four more years of SG-1 & SGA! In fact, lets make that 9 more years.! SG-1 has been reformed and this won't be the last year, and all the SGA actors contracts go for 6 years!
                    STARGATE SG-1 IN '06!!!
                    I met Teryl Rothery just after season five wrapped and it had been stated in
                    a lot of places six had already been confirmed of course I asked if this info was true and she explained that most series had the actors on a Five year contract as standard so if the series proved to be a hit TPTB had the option to keep the actor on at the same rate of pay to keep costs down (not her exact words but you get the drift). So all the main casts contract had expired and nothing was certain. If a further contract is agreed upon it is usually only yearly. But TPTB always have get out clauses so if ratings sink they can ditch any single actor or the whole show.
                    Armed with this Knowledge and Knowing how many shows get cancelled
                    nothing is a dead cert.

Comment

I remember reading that JF had signed a 6 year contract for SGA, and that probably goes for the other main characters as well. Obviously everyone will have agreed their own individual terms, some people might not want to commit that much of their life to their work.

Ultimately, those contracts are only valid should the networks request another season each year. Theoretically, we could be looking forward to Atlantis well into 2009, but that depends on ratings and the interest of networks, fans and the actors that portray the characters.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                        I remember reading that JF had signed a 6 year contract for SGA, and that probably goes for the other main characters as well. Obviously everyone will have agreed their own individual terms, some people might not want to commit that much of their life to their work.

Ultimately, those contracts are only valid should the networks request another season each year. Theoretically, we could be looking forward to Atlantis well into 2009, but that depends on ratings and the interest of networks, fans and the actors that portray the characters.
                        I believe I read the same six year number in an article about Torri. It's too bad nobody orders multiple seasons anymore. It would be nice if Atlantis' TPTB could have a couple guaranteed years to develop stuff. Then again, just having the Stargate tag on the episode is guarantee enough.

a time to mourn

Comment

As long as the plot lines are up to snuff, and there is good chemistry between the characters, let the show run! While 4 more years may be wishful thinking, as long as the above holds true, I can see it.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm

STARGATE SG-1 IN '06!!!

I predicted 13 seasons for SG in another thread I started a couple of months ago.

As long as the ratings stay up, SG and SGA could keep going for along time!.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                              I predicted 13 seasons for SG in another thread I started a couple of months ago.

As long as the ratings stay up, SG and SGA could keep going for along time!.
                              hmm seeing into the future that always works LOL!!

i like atlantis and see the show doing at the very least 6 the show is fresh and is already had excellent ratings so far it just gets better as the series progresses so good for them but sg1 is old but if they manage to keep the storylines fresh and new then real fans and regular veiwers would keep whatching with interest.
                              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Working...
                              X