This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord Stanley's Cup

I found it to be rather disturbing. Being a Canuks/Leafs fan I had no choice be to root for Calgary. The shouldn't play hockey where it dosen't snow(so why was Tampa Bay playing). Anyways, I'm just wondering what other people thought about it. I know I'm not the only hockey fan here so post away!!!
    Church: Well than just get over there and yell bang bang bang.
    Doc: I don't know even that sounds pretty aggressive...
    Church: Oh come on!
    Doc: ...Besides I'm not supposed to get involved unless someone gets hurt.
    Church: Huh, I see. (Raises pistol and shoots) Well, looks like Caboose has hurt himself. Maybe you should go over and help him Doc.
    Doc: You know you could have just asked nicely.
    -Red vs Blue
    Teal'c: "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello."
    O'Neill: "Napoleonic power monger."

Well I'm a casual fan of hockey, but I'm glad the Lightning won. I never pull for a Canadian team, period. I did watch the last period of the game last night, and it was some great game play, especially those late game saves by the Lightning's goalie. Calgary would have never scored if it weren't for the powerplay from that miscalled hit. Now back in '94, I was a Rangers' fan when they won the Cup with Mike Richter and Mark Messier and didn't miss a game. Anyway now I'm a Dallas Stars' fan so since they weren't in the finals, I didn't watch any of the games except for that last period.

And it does snow sometimes in Dallas so that should qualify them for a team.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I am with you Yosho.. I was rooting for Calgary as well. I kind of lost interest in the play offs also after my team (St. Louis Blues) got knocked off in the first round.. but I did watch most of the 7 games of the finals.. I thought it was an exciting series though. Nice and violent the way hockey should be! ;-)
      Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

I think it's funny that hockey is like a Canadian thing, that they are REALLY into, and a team from freakin' florida one...haha
        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Working...
        X