• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tok'ra, Part 1 (211)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211

SG-1 locates the Tok'ra, a Goa'uld resistence movement who oppose the System Lords, and attempt to form an alliance. Jacob Carter's cancer brings him near death.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:23 PM.

Once more, Amanda Tapping is excellent. I love the way Hammond approaches her.

Wonderful episode, great plot, great acting. Great everything.

One bad thing:

Where the hell did Sarah Douglas go? The best Tok'ra they have and she never comes back. (Her and Martouf are joint best! Gotta love Marty too.)
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

I thought Martouf was an interesting character, but he always made me want to grit my teeth, I just felt like I could never trust him to be completely open and honest with the SGC, and I was never totaly sure if it was intentional or not, which made me warry of him.

Garshaw was good and I wouldn't mind seeing her again.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I know this is a little ahead, and jumping the gun, but Anise is mad hot, lol. Also, she is very knowledgable.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          I thought Martouf was an interesting character, but he always made me want to grit my teeth, I just felt like I could never trust him to be completely open and honest with the SGC, and I was never totaly sure if it was intentional or not, which made me warry of him.

Garshaw was good and I wouldn't mind seeing her again.
          I felt Martouf was the only one (besides Jacob of course) who was genuinely honest with SGC. Maybe it's because of his love for Sam/Jolinar that he will not intentionally betray the humans. What happened in Divide and Conquer was not his fault.

Lantash, on the other hand, could very well hold back information from the humans, if he is so commanded by the Tok'ra High Council.

I like Garshaw too - She has a very commanding stature and yet we've seen the soft side of her host.

Tok'ra 1&2 will always be one of my most favourite shows because it's the first SG1 episode(s) I've seen in its entirety. I thought the growing crystals were very neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Norlioness
            What happened in Divide and Conquer was not his fault.
            I wasn't referring to D&C I was refering to Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know.

Jack asked him for info about their mission and he gave it out in drips and drabs only when forced to, despite the fact they basically asked for full disclosure of info for the mission.

Otherwise I think what happened in D&C was a shame.
            ~BCM =)

Comment

I wasn't referring to D&C I was refering to Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know.

Jack asked him for info about their mission and he gave it out in drips and drabs only when forced to, despite the fact they basically asked for full disclosure of info for the mission.
              I've got to watch those 2 eps again. Me brain's a bit fuzzy now. I believe their mission was to rescue Jacob/Selmak.

Comment

I don't think Martouf was doing that intentionally. He semed genuinely surprised when Jack reacted the way he did when he felt he was surprised. It may just be that that's how the Tok'ra operate and Martouf didn't stop to consider how Jack would take it.

About Tok'ra Part 1, I like this episode a lot... and not just because it's the first time we see JR Bourne. Oh, alright, it is largely because of that, but not totally. I like the idea of Earth having off-world allies in their fight against the Goa'uld and I think the fact that there's a bit of tension between the two groups just ads to the appeal.

Yes, it seems pretty obvious where the whole Jacob dying/Selmak needs a host thing is going pretty early on, but they managed to craft a good introductory story to our alliance with the Goa'uld around it.

Comment

Originally posted by SamInChicago
                  I don't think Martouf was doing that intentionally. He semed genuinely surprised when Jack reacted the way he did when he felt he was surprised. It may just be that that's how the Tok'ra operate and Martouf didn't stop to consider how Jack would take it.
                  Whatever the case I still didn't fully trust him. I trusted him more then most of the Tok'ra, but not much

About Tok'ra Part 1, I like this episode a lot...
                  [snip] I like the idea of Earth having off-world allies in their fight against the Goa'uld and I think the fact that there's a bit of tension between the two groups just ads to the appeal.
                  I agree.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

I guess I'm like O'Niell.. I'll never really trust anyone with any kind of snake in their head. Except maybe, sometimes Selmak. Never really liked Lantash all that much and the whole Jolinar thing... ah.. Maybe I shouldn't go there.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                      I guess I'm like O'Niell.. I'll never really trust anyone with any kind of snake in their head.

That was great!
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

This is one of the few times I have seen the Tok'ra with Staff weapons... in that later episodes you only see them with zats.

Comment

... and it was one of the few times you see the Tok'ra's eyes glow.

Comment

I've never really trusted the Tok'Ra. They are still Goa'uld, they just don't act like them. They still think they're the superior race, though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Martouf is really hot heheheh. Sorry for being gay, but I'm proud of it. Heheheh.

Comment

Working...
                              X