Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SkyOne: Who is the Greatest Star Trek Captain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24

Also, am I the only one that thinks Janeway looked ten times better with short hair, and maybe ten years younger too? But I still to this day think Captain Kim is the best captain ever.
    I agree, she looked much better with short hair.

Comment

Janeway had this pinache with the Borg Queen (and I think she got a little cooler when she cut her hair). Archer was way too stupid. Picard was definitely the best. I think Janeway and Picard were the best, followed by Sisko and Kirk. Sorry, Kirk struck me as arrogant and foolhardy.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Janeway looked ten times better with short hair, and maybe ten years younger too? But I still to this day think Captain Kim is the best captain ever.
      I totally agree w/ everything you just said!!! Didn't like the bun. Liked her w/ short hair. My least fav. Captain was Archer. Took him to long to wise-up. Janeway was Awsome, the best in my book, followed by Picard. Then Kirk of course. I'm just not to fond of Sisko, although I'm a fan of DS9. Just not a fan of his character.

Comment

Janeway had this pinache with the Borg Queen (and I think she got a little cooler when she cut her hair). Archer was way too stupid. Picard was definitely the best. I think Janeway and Picard were the best, followed by Sisko and Kirk. Sorry, Kirk struck me as arrogant and foolhardy.

She did. And she looked kind of hot in the episode where she was evil on the warship voyager. And Voyager was nice in that episode.

My vote goes to Janeway as the best captain. Then Picard/Sisko and Kirk. Never liked Archer.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

KIRK: The man is a legend. He was a pioneer for future captains of Starfleet. He took risks, disobeyed the 'Prime Directive' for the better and never harshly judged others who did the same (unlike Janeway with Tom Paris) and also an incredibly interesting and fun character to watch. He was brave, loyal, and always included his main staff in the decisions, so he was also a flawed character, which just added to his popularity.

PICARD: I hated this man at first as i saw him as a direct threat to Kirk. But now, i think he's simnply amazing. Just falls short of Kirk now. It's great to have two completely different characters like this. Picard the diplomat, Kirk the warrior. But both could do the other just as well.

SISKO: Sorry, just thought he wasn't great. The acting on Brooks' part was average, and the character was boring alot of the time IMO (i'm suprised alot of you went for sisko as your first choice, but, to each there own)

JANEWAY: Two words; Political Correctness. She was the worst captain of the lot IMO, and mearly there to say that Star Trek is all for PC. I love strong female leads, but Kate Mulgrew and the writers need to be shot. First, Mulgrew is the worst actress i've ever seen, and the writers came up with a terrible character. Also, she was always right. Rarly was she wrong, and also she wa sa hypocrit. She could break the prime directive, but if someone else does it, and it's to save a civilisation, he's demoted (Tom Paris folks). Also, she tried to be the female version of Kirk alot of the time. And that, is an INSULT to Kirk.

UNKNOWN:

ARCHER: Ok, this is an odd for me. 50% of the time, he was excellent, better than Sisko, and the other 50% of the time, he was worse than Sisko. So, that's why he's here in the unknown section, as i can't put him above Sisko, bnor can i put him below. But, He's better that Janeway, that's for damn sure.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
          Lister: 'Why not?'
          Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
          Cat: 'Can we see him?'
          Rimmer: 'See who?'
          Cat: 'The king.'
          Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
          Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
          Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

My preference

Janeway
            Picard
            Kirk
            Sisko
            Archer
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Sisko for me. He could adapt his leadership style to what was required. If you need a kind friendly word he would give it. On the other hand if a swift kick up the rear was needed he wouldn't hesitate to deal it. I thought Avery Brooks had a great way of imposing the weight of the character of Sisko as a leader and also the warmth of the character as a person away from his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1

Sisko: Had too much on his plate. He should have settled for being a Captain; not some religious emmisary/icon of an entirely different race.
                You make him sound like a megalomaniac. Whether he admitted or not he was the emissary of the prophets to the Bajorans. That was the overarching theme of the show. It took him half the show to even come to terms with it. Even midway in Season 4 'Accession' when that chap turns up claiming to be the Emissary Sisko happily hands it over to him. Only at the end of that episode does Sisko even begin to embrace the role. DS9 was a bit like Greek mythology in terms of the inevitability and inescapability of what was fated.

Comment

Janeway
                  Picard
                  Sisko
                  Archer
                  Kirk

Comment

Picard? Janeway? Sisko? Archer? there is one and only one truely great Star Trek captain and that is without a doubt
                    Captain James T. Kirk!!!!!!!
                    Captain James T. Kirk
                    USS ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-A

Comment

Originally posted by Captain James T. Kirk
                      Picard? Janeway? Sisko? Archer? there is one and only one truely great Star Trek captain and that is without a doubt
                      Captain James T. Kirk!!!!!!!

HE IS THE MAN

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                      Lister: 'Why not?'
                      Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                      Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                      Rimmer: 'See who?'
                      Cat: 'The king.'
                      Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                      Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                      Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

heres a shock.... i loved all of them
                        in one way or another they all had their own unique quality that made them great!
                        SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

ahem 1 is a two way tie! Kirk-Picard

2= Archer I just like him don't ask me why

3. Sisko

4 Janeway

Comment

I say for me
                            1. picard
                            2. Kirk
                            3.sisko
                            4.archer
                            5.janeway
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

For me it's:

1. Sisko
                              2. Picard
                              3. Janeway
                              4. Archer
                              5. Kirk
                              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally Posted by grendelsbayne
                                I recall one episode where he had temporary command of (was it the Yamato?) under Captain Picard's fleet organization to keep the Romulans out of the Klingon civil war... I don't recall any where he actually had his own real command.
                                U.S.S. Sutherland.
                                Thank you!

I was beginning to worry that nobody watched the USS Yamato blow up in Contagion.

Also, Spock was a Captain in rank, and in position. The USS Enterprise was his ship prior to the Genesis crisis, and we did get to see plenty of his command capabilities throughout the seasons and movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X