• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bane (210)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210

Teal'c is infected with deadly venom from a giant insect, and begins a terrible transformation. When he escapes the S.G.C., SG-1 must find him before Colonel Maybourne does.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:28 PM.

It was good to see Teal'c get an episode. It was nice to see him do more than react to what everybody else was doing/saying. I think he spoke more in this 1 episode than in all of season 1. I liked the young girl as well.
    sigpic

Comment

I hold strong to my belief that this was the WORST episode of the entire series. I'm very surprised not to see others who agree with me, then again I'm one of the few that actually like Stargate for it's later seasons. Season 7 was my favorite one, and I know that people seem to have lost their faith in the writers for the later seasons and I have not, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

There were some good points in the episode, but it didn't last long. When I first watched it on TV I had to make sure I was watching SG-1 and not some low-budget scifi movie. How many times has a person been bit by a giant bug and turned into one? It wasn't an original idea and it has never worked before! How many people actually liked the movie the fly?

Does anybody agree with me or am I once again alone on this aspect of Stargate? This is the episode that "failed me" as a fan, which I believe I wrote in one of the threads asking this question!

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I wasn't real big on this episode, mostly because Jack just sat on his butt back at HQ while his best bud was in trouble, but it's almost worth watching just to see Teal'c and the girl with the water pistols at the end.
        Fitness Buddies

Comment

Teal'c's attempted suicide and later realization that the attempt had failed was almost the only thing about this episode that I enjoyed. Not too big on the Earth exploration episodes, mostly because I already know quite a bit about Earth. And there was Harlow's planned lab accient. And Maybourne's arm.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Did you know that the actress that plays Ally in this episode is the same actress that later plays the teenage Cassandra in Rite of Passage? I kept watching her thinking that she looked very familiar, then it dawned on me who she reminded me of.. so I looked up her name and low and behold it was her! I liked this episode, I liked actually hearing Teal'c speak for once and the end scene when Teal'c squirts Daniel with the super soaker was just priceless!
            Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

I think this episode, in two words 'really sucked'. It lacked what any episode should have. I liked the beginning, and then Teal'c got stung by a massive bug!

I knew that Ally played Cassandra, I was shocked to see the age difference
              __

__

Comment

I really liked this one I don't think Jack was back at the base doing nothing, I think he was doing everything he could, you can only disobey so many regs in one episode. I loved it when he asked for "Permission to beat the crap out of this man" I loved the little girl too, tuff kid. It was , in my opinion one of the good ones.

Comment

I thought it was funny when Teal'c shot Daniel with the super soaker! It was hilarious because Daniel did the geekiest thing someone could do in that situation- flap their shirt to try to get the water out. That was the definate high point of the episode.

Comment

i liked the alined planed being populated by the bugs that killed eveyone...but i don't like that it got Teal'c and he went walkin aound US...and they should have told us more about the culture on that planet...may be some technology...and where did those bugs came from in the beggining?

Comment

I just guessing here, but some scientist on that planet was doing something with insect DNA or just the retrovirus and it accidently got out of the lab and took over the planet.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

You're probably right, they wouldn't have got out any other way
                        __

__

Comment

Did'nt like this episode too much myself,its an episode that i dont whatch to much,could have been alot better me's thinks,,,,,
                          "Silence"Kneel before your God
                          Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

::gasp!:: I've only seen it once!!! ::runs to the DVD collection to correct this horrible mistake::
                            sigpic

Comment

Another theory is that they were developed as a biological weapon, but it worked too well and there was no control over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X