This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who does the voice of thor?

does anyone know who does the voice of thor?
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Originally posted by ApophisOfTheStargateRealm
    does anyone know who does the voice of thor?
    Michael Shanks, IIRC.
    Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Michael Shanks voices Thor.
      (Teryl Rothery voices Heimdal and Peter Deluise voices Loki)

Comment

Originally posted by grendelsbayne
        Michael Shanks, IIRC.
        Ah shucks ya beat me to it Must learn to type faster lol

Comment

Shanks?!?!?!?!?! Wow!!!
          "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

OK, you know it alls! LOL Tell me the technical term for the way the Gao'uld voice is produced...and NO one from the Vancouver Con can answer!

I'll know...........

Sorry if this is off topic, but I don't know anyother talking Asgard.....were there?
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

The vocal effect is called "Flangeing" .
              (No,I wasn't at the Vancouver Con...I just know that bit of trivia !)

Other "talking Asgard" : Freyr spoke in an ep,I think,but I can't remember which one.

ETA :
              According to the Omnipedia, Freyr was in Red Sky,Fail Safe and Revelations,so shame on me for my memory lapse !
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 May 2005, 08:37 AM.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Heimdall ("Revelations"), Loki ("Fragile Balance"), and Freyr ("Red Sky") all spoke as well as Thor.

Comment

Shanks does the voice of Thor and few other characters now....But if you go back to the early seasons when the Asgard first came onto the scene, Teal'c (Christopher Judge) did the voice of Thor and other characters.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                    Shanks does the voice of Thor and few other characters now....But if you go back to the early seasons when the Asgard first came onto the scene, Teal'c (Christopher Judge) did the voice of Thor and other characters.
                    Michael Shanks is credited as Thor's voice starting with the second Asgard episode ("Thor's Chariot") and the first ("Thor's Hammer") only credits Mark Gibbon, the man who played Thor's holographic image.

(Although, interesting trivia I just found about that episode, the Unas in Thor's Hammer was voiced by James Earl Jones (Darth Vader))

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                      Teal'c did voice the Unas in "Demons" but I wasn't aware he did the voice of Thor, from the first time Thor spoke in "Thor's Chariot" as grendelsbayne said it's been credited as Shanks.

Comment

Originally posted by grendelsbayne
                        Heimdall ("Revelations"), Loki ("Fragile Balance"), and Freyr ("Red Sky") all spoke as well as Thor.
                        also the head of the asgard high council (ive always thought of him as Odin since it would follow along with the whole norse mythology angle but they never actually said his name) spoke in "red sky" as well, so did the two annonymous asgard from "The Fifth Race", an asgard ship captain and ground commander in "New Order" and another lower ranking asgard officer spoke in the asgard native language in "Smal Victories" im pretty sure thats all the times we heard the asgard speak and the only other two times we have seen asgard other than the ones mentioned were when we saw that blank clone from season 8 and in "Shades of Gray" when an asgard beamed down and looked at the coordinates Oniell dialed in the DHD. other than that we have only pretty much ever seen Thor.

Comment

Yeah its MS, but sometimes you hear a good Thor day and in other episodes he sounds pale.. or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                            also the head of the asgard high council (ive always thought of him as Odin since it would follow along with the whole norse mythology angle but they never actually said his name) spoke in "red sky" as well, so did the two annonymous asgard from "The Fifth Race", an asgard ship captain and ground commander in "New Order" and another lower ranking asgard officer spoke in the asgard native language in "Smal Victories" im pretty sure thats all the times we heard the asgard speak and the only other two times we have seen asgard other than the ones mentioned were when we saw that blank clone from season 8 and in "Shades of Gray" when an asgard beamed down and looked at the coordinates Oniell dialed in the DHD. other than that we have only pretty much ever seen Thor.
                            I had thought the leader of the council spoke in "Red Sky", but I couldn't find mention of him. I only recall one Asgard speaking in "Fifth Race", though, and the voice for it was credited to MS, so I'm assuming it was Thor.

Comment

I may be wrong but didn't doc fraiser do the voice of one of the asgard?

Comment

Working...
                              X