This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request, Automatic Hyperlinking

I briefly mentioned this Feature request in another thread, but here it is formally.

How about when people post to the forums, their message is scanned for phrases, like "Amanda Tapping", "RDA", "Goa'uld", "G.D.O", "M.A.L.P" and when these phrases are found, they are hyperlinked to the appropriate Actor/Character/Technology/Whatever page in the omnipedia. For this to work, it may also have to look for alternate/incorrect spellings of these phrases, like Goa'uld/Gou'ald/Gould/Gao'uld/Goauld, etc.
    Of course, if the phrase is already hyperlinked to something else, it would not change it.

What do you all think?
    -GuyFromOH
    I'm a guy, from Ohio.
    ------------------------------------
    Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
    Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
    cool!"

It would need to be something that's not automatic... Some people don't like having their posts messed with.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      It would need to be something that's not automatic... Some people don't like having their posts messed with.
      Maybe a checkbox in the editor or near the "submit reply" button to allow the user to not have their message hyperlinked?
      -GuyFromOH
      I'm a guy, from Ohio.
      ------------------------------------
      Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
      Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
      cool!"

Comment

Working...
      X