The Lee Adama/ Kara Thrace relationship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lee Adama/ Kara Thrace relationship thread

yes all ye shippers here's your Lee/Kara shippy thread. So post away and have fun disscusing their relationship that they share as friends...

So do you see them as friends or is there that underlaying UST between the pair.

ME... well lookie at my siggy, i am a shipper

I ask that all of you keep the disscussion to the pro-side of the relationship.
    Last edited by CKO; 12 May 2005, 09:09 AM. Reason: to clarify something
    sigpic

LOL CKO!! I wondered if this would pop up over here

You may want to be sure to state if this is a PRO or Anti thread...or if you are allowing for this to be a ship discussion thread by both parties.

That way you don't run into any problems nor is the intent you had when creating this missed

and BTW..I KNOW Lee and Kara were meant to be together
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

of course they're meant to be together... at least i think so
      sigpic

Comment

if you like FanFiction here is a really nice site...they have a lot of great Lee/Kara stuff as well as all the rest of the characters

this is an archived version...they are moving the site to a new server (sound familar LOL

http://www.bsg03fanfic.com/.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

^i know i've been to that site... and have read a lot of the ficcys there
          sigpic

Comment

well...well...well...what do you have here... it appears to be a Lee/Kara thread

it is about time that you started one of these threads...and i knew it would be you CKO
            sigpic

Comment

course it was me
              sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of them together, but I hope they do it well. There are a lot of issues they are going to have to work out, chain of command, the fact that she's his brother's ex-fiancee, etc.

But I do like the competition between them, for Adama's approval/affection (unspoken, but you can see it ticking in Lee's mind), piloting and fighting skills.

Favourite Kara/Lee fan-fic so far is 'Twelve' by rheanna. Anybody got any other fic recommendations?

Comment

oh gods, im lovin Twelve so far

There's so many great ficcys out there
                  It's A Frakked up Universe
                  Where there is Love
                  Unexpected Consequences

that list can go on and on.
                  sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Blue Banrigh]I like the idea of them together, but I hope they do it well. There are a lot of issues they are going to have to work out, chain of command, the fact that she's his brother's ex-fiancee, etc.
                    QUOTE]

Spoilers***

I agree. I didn't like the tension between them after Starbuck's night with Baltar. At the dance, Lee was finally seeing Starbuck as a woman and not just a fantastic pilot, and Starbuck appeared to enjoy Lee's attention before spending the night with Baltar. (Did anyone else find this shift confusing?)

The writers had a wonderful opportunity and blew it. I was furiuos when Lee and Starbuck exchanged blows and couldn't seem to express their emotions.

They will be an excellent couple if the writers let the relationship evolve.
                    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

very but then
                      Spoiler:
                      she did call out lee's name too
                      sigpic

Comment

One of the MANY reasons I like these two together is because they are both so flawed yet underneath all of their *emotional baggage* they both FEEL the attraction.

Jamie said in his interview here on GW that he really liked playing that bit when Lee confronted Kara in the hanger. If I remember correctly the Starbuck of the old series was portrayed as a *bed-hopper* for lack of a nicer way to say that.. and I think they are trying to somewhat give Kara a persona that has been a *bit* wild in the *Old Days* before Zak. And it gives us some history of the characters if Lee knew Kara PRIOR to Zak...cause you know...he wouldn't have tolerated knowing she cheated on his Bro...so I am assuming for now that things went on prior to her and zak hooking up. I also believe that since they do have a history Lee has had some vague *feelings* for Kara that were never explored and his brother swooped in. So Lee stepped back.

because I am not sure what people have seen
                        Spoiler:

Now that Zak has been dead OVER two years and we know Lee and Kara hadn't seen each other since the funeral....Lee is now faced with all of those old feelings and I don't think he realized just HOW MUCH he felt for Kara until he had to deal with her being with another guy.

For Kara I believe that she has been somewhat risque in her dealings with the opposite sex and she doesn't always think through just who she is going with .... Baltar cut in on Lee and Kara dancing....it is a pretty fast moment in the episode ...so if you are not looking for it...you may have missed it. Lee seemed somewhat *rejected* and left... while Kara was dancing and drinking the night away...and when she stopped to look....NO LEE so I think her own feelings of insecurity with Lee all came rushing too along with the alcohol....and as many woman who are insecure do...she took the *love* that was in front of her. BUT when it mattered most her true feelings YELLED out

So that brings us to Lee figuring out that *something* happened with Baltar...... then when he confronted her...he was angry BUT he didn't KNOW for sure just what happened...so the more he talked to Kara and she wasn't denying anything...well the more that green-eyed monster was overtaking him.....

Then once he was SURE he lashed out at Kara and was basically calling her a *not so nice name* and Kara being Kara DECKED him...well at this point I don't blame Lee for decking her right back....if a woman hits a man like a man then expect to be hit back. At that point I believe they were both so wrapped up in their own INNER DEMONS...Lee...having ALL of his feelings rushing forth all at once...and Kara...feeling like a total schmuck because she really didn't *want* to sleep with Baltar AND she was feeling a tremendous amount of guilt and alot of her own feelings are still so intermixed...plus Kara IS dealing with the fact that she was engaged to his brother...and now she is finding that she has some REALLY strong feelings for Lee...that has got to mess with her...

So just on THAT level...the writers have alot of fodder for some really strong angst storylines. I have read a few spoilers for Season 2 but I am really trying to stay somewhat spoiler free.... but I know things ARE going to be hairy for a while.... I don't mind if the writers don't always touch on Kara and Lee....but I do NOT want to sit through episodes that have a *guy* for Kara or a *girl* for Lee just because.... THAT is an old AND annoying Plot device.

adn on that note..... a widdle scan that I LOVE!! ....something to make it worth reading my novel here

Comment

weeeeeeee how bout a few piccys
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Excellent thread. Definitely in the Lee/Kara camp. And I don't think those pesky regulations will be an issue for to many years, unlike some other shows. After all, there are only what, 48,000 something humans left, and Roslyn and Adama both agreed that people needed to start having babies. So if having babies is a priority, then it wouldn't be a really good idea to restrict who people can have babies with, would it?

Plus, as much of a pain as Zarak is, he was right when he said that everything has changed. The old rules that they once lived by, don't always apply anymore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X