This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earck
    I remember hearing that about RDA before there was a SG-1, it really made me lose respect for the man and I really didn't like him as an actor after that, but he has grown on me now as a huge Stargate fan.
    What did he say that made you dislike him?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It was lightly mentioned earlier and I agree. The reason RDA didn't have a problem with guns and SG1 is because O'neal is Military. No one suggests gun control for the military. That would just be stupid. So in a sense he is not going against his original beliefs.

Comment

O, i kind of understand now... But i'm still unclear about why the person said he originally didn'y like RDA for something he said...

Comment

Originally posted by Talenhawk
          It was lightly mentioned earlier and I agree. The reason RDA didn't have a problem with guns and SG1 is because O'neal is Military. No one suggests gun control for the military. That would just be stupid. So in a sense he is not going against his original beliefs.
          I don't see why it would make a difference whether Jack was military. When someone plays a murderer, are they going against their belief that killing is wrong? If you only play people who share your beliefs, that limits the characters you can play.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Yah, and that can make an actor easily typecasted, which usually isn't good.

Comment

I kinda wonder about that, seeing how some of the episodes of MacGyver got a little "preachy" at some points.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                O, i kind of understand now... But i'm still unclear about why the person said he originally didn'y like RDA for something he said...
                I understand your confusion, it's just that I oppose much of the gun control legislation and believe that Handgun Control Inc. is nothing but a bunch of radicals. I just remember hearing RDA refused to use a gun in MacGyver because of his political beliefs and it just really turned me off.
                -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Working...
                X