Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Thread: Family (208)

Default Re: Family (208)

It will get better the older Teal'c's son gets. We all know this, we've seen it. It's just gonna take time.

Chief Master Sergeant camulus13's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Family (208)

did anybody notice the Chulak gate was practically flat?

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Family (208)

Ya it kinda does!

yeah it does look flat lol

I rewatched this not too long ago. It was a lot better than I remembered. Ry'ac with the baseball glove on his head was too funny. A great actor playes him. When I see Ry'ac in 'Sacrifices' it jut amazes me how much he's grown up on the show. I wish he'd show up again, but I fear it's too late.

Chief Master Sergeant Harlan's Speechwriter's Avatar

I really enjoyed this episode. Teal'c has been fascinating me since the first episode; his character seems so mysterious. His battle with his emotions and honour as a warrior was well-acted by CJ, IMHO.

How much nastier can Apophis get? Leathal viruses hidden in a child's false teeth...didn't see that one coming.
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Bofur

Agreed. But i would love to see who was more nasty.. him or Nerti.

Chief Master Sergeant Harlan's Speechwriter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Agreed. But i would love to see who was more nasty.. him or Nerti.
    It's the sneakiness of it that's the nastiest bit. Taking a child as a hostage is one thing, but lethal viruses hidden in his teeth? It takes a really evil derranged mind to come up with something like that. I'm only on Season 2 - have I seen Nerti yet? I am finding it a bit tricky to keep up with who's who sometimes.
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
    It's the sneakiness of it that's the nastiest bit. Taking a child as a hostage is one thing, but lethal viruses hidden in his teeth? It takes a really evil derranged mind to come up with something like that. I'm only on Season 2 - have I seen Nerti yet? I am finding it a bit tricky to keep up with who's who sometimes.
    Nirrti will be along 'in person' in Season 3 - though she was the prime mover behind what happened to the people of Hanka in 'Singularity' in season 1. It is indeed a close call on whether she is nastier than Apophis - though I think, on the basis of what she got up to on Hanka, destroying most of Cassandra's people and setting her up as a human bomb, I suspect she might have a bit of an edge when it comes to casual destruction. They seem largely to be equally immoral.

Teal'c Re: Family (208)

I am one of the few who liked this one. I like the teal'c ep's. As a parent I really liked the line if dad is here then I am home. I also liked to see the human side to teal'c. He lost his cool when he saw his wife married. Very human.

Chief Master Sergeant HelloVelo's Avatar

I didn't buy the ending, but the rest of the episode was good.

Rating: 6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/family.html
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Arrow2 Re: Family (208)

Quote Originally Posted by HelloVelo View Post
    I didn't buy the ending, but the rest of the episode was good.

Rating: 6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/family.html
    What about the ending didn't you like? Was it them using a Zat gun in place of electroshock therapy or the fact that they went to the land of light? If it was because of the Zat gun than I totally agree, I think they should have figured out some medical solution.

Second Lieutenant

oh man. poor betrayed, cuckolded teal'c. okay, i can understand why drayac did what she did.

and once again, jack's instinct has proved correct. the team should learn by now to trust jack's gut instincts.

the scene where ryac gets zatted by his own parents is very cringe worthy. it's painful for ryac but its more agonizing for the parents, i'm sure.
    Last edited by L E E; July 5th, 2008 at 08:01 AM.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by zats View Post
    This is gonna sound completely heartless...but I still don't quite understand why it was so hard for Teal'c to shoot Ry'ac. Me Mum says that it's something you can't understand until you have a child--but in the meantime, I'm still lost. Yeah, a zat blast hurts like a sonova, but there wasn't a danger of it killing Ry'ac. And even putting Ry'ac in that much pain would have to be better than the alternative.

Someone want to help me out here?
    listen to your mother. this is something that cannot be explained in words.

Arrow2 Re: Family (208)

Quote Originally Posted by L E E View Post
    oh man. poor betrayed, cuckolded teal'c. okay, i can understand why drayac did what she did.

and once again, jack's instinct has proved correct. the team should learn by now to trust jack's gut instincts.

the scene where ryac gets zatted by his own parents is very cringe worthy. it's painful for ryac but its more agonizing for the parents, i'm sure.
    They all realized that something odd was going on, the only person who wasn't sure was Teal'c, but I think he suspected. Think of it this way, even if they all agreed out in the open that something was going on do you think they would have just left Ryac on the planet.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
    Teal'c has been fascinating me since the first episode; his character seems so mysterious. His battle with his emotions and honour as a warrior was well-acted by CJ, IMHO.
    It was good to see another side of the silent warrior and with such emotion.

Seeing Jack in the serpent guard suit was cool.

Bra'tac should of got his own IDC signal for the iris rather then using SG-1's, I mean I would assume other SG teams have different signals so to add another one shouldn't be a problem.

I know I sound like a broken record but another reason why they should gate to an off world base instead of the SGC.

Quote Originally Posted by PugGate
    Fro'tak has a silver tattoo, and Bra'tac says he holds a high office, so does this mean he is 'The high tax collector of Chulac' or something?
    I wondered what his position was, maybe city officals are silver or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pritnep View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record but another reason why they should gate to an off world base instead of the SGC.
    Since I'm rolling along behind you, you've got me thinking the same thing these days.
    It would be so much safer if they had an alpha site. Perhaps they don't have enough personnel with a high enough security clearance to staff both the SGC and another site yet.

jack's line when he walks in with the armour on "no wander these guys are cranky" just made this episode for me

Teal'c gets a really rough ride in this episode. Poor guy.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Jack should have gotten an unofficial medal for this episode - one shaped like a Viking helmet - "For exceptionally meritorious service in preserving the honor of a fellow warrior by exacting the revenge of the wearer of horns."