This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus & Daedalus diff.

Will there be any differences between the two?....

Was this talked about at any point during SGA and or SG this last season....

Is it because of the Asgards engine technology that we can now reach Atlantis from Earth.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Originally posted by the Fifth Race

Is it because of the Asgards engine technology that we can now reach Atlantis from Earth.
    From memory, yeah. at the beginning of "Moebius" it showed a plan view of the ship (which i can't remember!!) i think someone in another thread said how the daedalus uses the asgard ion engines instead of the naquadria hyperdrive which allows us to get there in 4 days. if you want the info regarding what we know for sure, watch the beginning of "moebius pt 1" and the i think the beginning of "the siege part 2". that's probably all we know for sure.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
      From memory, yeah. at the beginning of "Moebius" it showed a plan view of the ship (which i can't remember!!) i think someone in another thread said how the daedalus uses the asgard ion engines instead of the naquadria hyperdrive which allows us to get there in 4 days. if you want the info regarding what we know for sure, watch the beginning of "moebius pt 1" and the i think the beginning of "the siege part 2". that's probably all we know for sure.

That makes sense that the engine is different in Daed. from Prom....Did they actually say in SGA that the Daed. was 4 days behind the group that came from earth to help defend Atlantis. I thought the group that came from Earth to help defend Atlantis were there for longer than a few days leading up to the attack?...although Im nor sure.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

i haven't seen the episode since it aired, but i remember colonel.....everett i think his name was, saying that they only had to buy enough time with the rail guns etc. till the daedalus arrives there in 4 days to give back up. but iv got it on tape (im sad!!) so ill watch that bit again.

Comment

i apologise about the double post....

the colonel says "with the ZPM powering the daedalus' engines it'll be here within 4 days". so whether the engines are of Asgard design (like the ion drive) and they're easier to interface the ZPM with i don't know the specifics.

Sam also said at the beginning of "moebius" that the "daedalus had incorporated more advanced technology from various races." maybe not just the asgard but perhaps some from the race in "space race"!

Comment

right the daedalus is our fist real success, ship wise. the promethius was our first but it was put together in a hurry, has everything just jumbled togeth hoping its going to hold together long enough for them not to get blown up.
            the deadalus however is a whole new kind of vessel, carefully put together using the latest tech, both asgard and human, it has every upgrade the promethius had standard plus many others.
            the deadalus has:
            *asgard weapons
            *rail guns - promie lost out on those ( siege pt2)
            *asgard shield
            *intergalatic asgard hyperdrive - promie barely had a hyperdrive
            *asgard teleporters that dont need locators, beam away in other words
            *rings
            *advanced power source and ZPM compatable ( i asume an asgard power source to hand engine,as martin said)

the daedalus is going to be 10x the ship the prommie could ever be and if it get blown up by the wriath in siege pt3 were royally screwed.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

The prometheus was updated with asgard tech while the daedlaus had asgard tech in it from the start.

See this thread aswell http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3559
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

I don't believe this was talked about on either SG-1 or SGA, but the TPTB did talk about it, and the Daedalus will be an improved version of Prometheus.....with a NEW commander. But you all already know that!
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Great info thanx, Anubis, Immhotep, qasimjavid!!!!

So the way I am understanding this, is that the Daed has the Zpm on it to power the engines to go faster?.

Immhotep or anyone else
                  ....do you think the storyline will evolve as such, that the Daed dominates the Wraith ships and might make them think twice about invading Earth, or will it be destroyed maybe?...
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

So the way I am understanding this, is that the Daed has the Zpm on it to power the engines to go faster?.
                    at the moment - we dont know how long the zpm will last
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

IMO the deadalus will survive but the ZPM wont, martain said in reply to my question about atlantis that the ZPM wont be address at first, so im saddened by the sound of it no surviving. the daedalus will scare the wraith, but wont deter them forever, i think well wait a few season til the next wraith attack, like we did in sg-1 with apophis.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Ok, so your logic is, that the Zpm will burn out getting the Daed. to Atlantis?. Then they have to rely on regular Asgard power for the engines to get back to Earth in weeks like it was gonna take Prom.?. Interesting!....

How about this scenario, the Daed will be destroyed while defeating the Wraith, then the surviving crew of the Dead along with there supplies brought over from Earth will stranded at Atlantis till the Prom. or another Zpm can be found....

Or, the Zpm has to be used up to destroy the Wraith stranding them for the time being??...I can't wait till season 2!
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          IMO the deadalus will survive
                          Spoiler:
                          according to the promo pics it will
                          love Torri

Comment

Whether it survives and they use it on a regular basis, who knows. if it does, i can't wait to see how they're gonna integrate it into the show. wonder where they'll park it........

Comment

Mobius
                              Spoiler:

The ZPM was new and barley ever used. It should last a substantial amount of time. (See Mobius)

I believe that the Deadalus will survive. When Martin Gero was asked about a possible asgard guest star, he said, and I quote,
                              Atlantis Season Two
                              Originally posted by MartinGero
                              Spoiler:

"Don’t want to give too much away, but let me say this…the Daedalus is perhaps the most advanced vessel the Air Force has ever built. We sure could use, say: a full time crew member who would ensure we’re using it to its maximum potential…if you get what I mean."

also said in the "Ask Martin Gero" thread

Atlantis Season Two
                              Originally posted by David
                              Spoiler:

"With the Daedalus shuttling crew and items back and forth from Earth to Atlantis..."

This leads me to believe that the Deadalus will survive.

Owen Macri
                              Last edited by _Owen_; 25 April 2005, 12:47 PM. Reason: Spoiler tags not correct

Comment

Working...
                              X