The Vala/Claudia Black Discussion & Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vala/Claudia Black Discussion & Appreciation Thread

I haven't seen an appreciation thread for Vala here and so this thread is for you. Post pictures of Claudia/Vala but also Aeryn and other, or just talk about the character on Stagate SG-1.
    I hope that many people like Claudia and her character

C'mon everybody

MOD INSERT: Please Post your Pictures over on the Claudia/Vala WOW thread...all pictures of Claudia in any role would fall under the Claudia WOW portion.

This thread is more for discussion BUT a picture or two of course won't hurt anyone
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 March 2006, 06:44 PM. Reason: adding Mod Insert

Claudia rocks mightely! She's a really lovely lady - on the inside and out.

And I am so glad she's getting to strut more of her stuff on Stargate. She's such a professional and I, for one, can't wait to see where the Vala character is taken and how she meshes with SG-1. Should make for an interesting series of eps.

And here's hoping we see more of Claudia in the future - in whatever projects she's inclined to do. She deserves more exposure and recognition of her talents.

~cp

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
      Claudia rocks mightely! She's a really lovely lady - on the inside and out.
      Isn't she, though? I love her more than my shoes (and that’s saying a lot).

Vala may have been too heady a brew for some people’s tastes, but she was very much to my liking. A bit frisky, a bit difficult, a bit exhausting, a bit bewildering and more than a bit inscrutable. There were these tantalising moments where she seemed to yield to something genuine but they no sooner registered than they vanished – Poof! – and ended up being as disorienting as they were intriguing.

I liked ‘Prometheus Unbound’ – liked it a lot. It was, however, rather like a 42-minute fanfare. Like the big production number off the top of a Broadway musical: Good tune, excellent choreography, the live horses were a real treat and – Hoo! Wow! – how’d they ever get the monkeys to do that? But now it’s time to settle back and just tell her story for a while before breaking into the next song-and-dance routine.

That said, I’m really pleased with the spoilers we’ve seen so far. If ‘Prometheus Unbound’ was about
      Spoiler:
      taking Daniel on an insane joyride through the World According To Vala, it looks as though Daniel might be returning the favour in early Season 9, showing Vala how he can raise the bizarre and unpredictable to a whole new plane of existence.
      Vala’s getting the grand tour of the ‘Stargate’ universe, this time, and I can’t wait to see how she takes to it.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
        Just bumping so Vala fans can find this..
        hey, thanx
        Claudia thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        so now there's 2 threads??

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
          Isn't she, though? I love her more than my shoes (and that’s saying a lot).

Vala may have been too heady a brew for some people’s tastes, but she was very much to my liking. A bit frisky, a bit difficult, a bit exhausting, a bit bewildering and more than a bit inscrutable. There were these tantalising moments where she seemed to yield to something genuine but they no sooner registered than they vanished – Poof! – and ended up being as disorienting as they were intriguing.

TC
          I love her more than my shoes too...actually, that's NOT saying a lot--LOL. Suffice to say, I think she's a lovely lady and an incredible actress.

I love your take on Vala. I was a bit unsure of the episode and, not being a Stargate fan, I wasn't sure how this fit in with the show's tone. My guess is, not well from all the negativity I've read.

It's gonna be a treat to see Claudia Black, whom I only know as the formidable Aeryn Sun from Farscape, as Vala, a thief, a liar, a manipulator--all those things Aeryn wasn't. I think viewers will really warm to her as the character develops. Aeryn wasn't the most welcoming of creatures at the beginning, yet she ended up being very popular and I think that's due to Ms. Black's portrayal.

Plus the woman has an incredibly wonderful voice!

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
            I love her more than my shoes too...actually, that's NOT saying a lot--LOL. Suffice to say, I think she's a lovely lady and an incredible actress.
            She is both, and she's so gracious about her co-stars. I've been reading - and re-reading - the article on her in the latest 'Stargate' magazine and the way she talks about Ben and Michael has me more excited than ever about seeing those two guys working together, and the loveliest thing about it was how happy and excited she seemed to be for them.

I think viewers will really warm to her as the character develops. Aeryn wasn't the most welcoming of creatures at the beginning, yet she ended up being very popular and I think that's due to Ms. Black's portrayal.
            Vala put on a real show in 'Prometheus Unbound.' I don't think the mask slipped more than once or twice in the episode, and even there I'm not quite sure. But Claudia seems to have a clear grasp already of Vala's back-story, and a full appreciation for her potential. All the woman needs is the chance to start working it.

I don't think I'm all that keen on seeing Vala seriously "toned down," though. Other sides of her revealed and explored, yes. But I love a good scoundrel, and I really want to see what Claudia makes of one. Finding out what makes her tick shouldn't mean she has to stop ticking.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by lodellama
              She's quite a manly thing, isn't she.
              Actually that's more a reflection of my photography skills than what Claudia looks like. She is stunning in real life(I'm sure others who've seen her in RL will back me up on this) and I'd kill to even look a little like her! (She just can be very difficult to photograph.) Add that to a killer intellect,acting and singing talent and sense of humour and you have a killer combination. She's also really down to earth too.

Comment

Claudia Black is the best thing to happen to Stargate since they brought Danny boy back. I hope that after her story arc the PTB are smart enough to keep her around. Let's give Daniel a girl that'll stick around for a little while.
                ~I've got a little fron-ache.

Comment

Originally posted by Noo ani Anqueetus
                  Claudia Black is the best thing to happen to Stargate since they brought Danny boy back. I hope that after her story arc the PTB are smart enough to keep her around. Let's give Daniel a girl that'll stick around for a little while.
                  "Ask Joe Mallozzi" thread is THE BEST place for this opinion

Comment

Claudia rox my sox. She is great in everything she is in.
                    The Teyla Appreciation Thread

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainStigmata
                      She is great in everything she is in.
                      Definitely. When I first discovered "Farscape" 5 years ago, it was Aeryn who was my favourite character from the start. Claudia is really brilliant actress and it's great to see her comedic site here, on SG-1. Vala rules!

Comment

Just dropped by to invite all of you who appreciate the lovely, talented and sweet Ms Claudia Black to join her "unofficial" fanclub, CBOOL. CBOOL stands for "Claudia Black is Out of Our League" and boy, is she ever!

The group exists mainly in cyperspace although we do have occasional get-togethers at conventions and various other spots. Claudia appreciates US! But, not as much as we appreciate her, I'm sure (heck, there are a lot more of us, after all!)

Anyhow, you're more than welcome to stop by our website at: http://cbool.homestead.com OR our Yahoo group at: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/cbool

Hope to see you all there!

Jules

CBOOL #10
                        Battle Captain, Warrior Woman and Listmum #2
                        CBOOL #10
                        Battle Captain, Warrior Woman & Listmum #2
                        Keeper of Claudia/Aeryn's Radiant Smile

Visit us at http://cbool.homestead.com

Comment

This is for everyone to gush over the character of Vala. Personally, I love the character! She's so funny! "Let's make BABIES!" cracked me and my family up so hard.

Her character has a lot of depth...and there is so much more than can be done...I STRONGLY hope we can see much more of her later. (after this arc ends)

Curious to see how she'll work in an action scene too.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

If you go to the Characters and Relationships Forum, you'll find a vibrant thread for Vala/Claudia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                              If you go to the Characters and Relationships Forum, you'll find a vibrant thread for Vala/Claudia.
                              woo!! someone lock this thread.

I didn't even know we ad a character forums.=P
                              It feels good to be alive.
                              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X