This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just meet the Ori now???

After 9 years we just meet the Ori now??? I think they are adding too much, the ancients we have always heard of, but the Ori? what the heck???

They're from another galaxy.

Comment

Took us a while to discover America...and the galaxy is even bigger, if they were in our galaxy you need to think. The SGC has only got through like 25% of the Ancient Repository of Addresses and 40% of the Abydos Cartouche so it is entirely plausible that they werent heard of

Comment

well, the universe is a big place. like oma said, our plane of exsistence is pretty insignificant to an ascended being. the orii were off doing other things and now have turned their attention to our galaxy.
        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Presumably, we woke them up or something. If they "only just now got around to us", then that would be a major plot-hole. I guess we'll just have to wait for Avalon Pt. 1 in June.

Comment

Maybe they were methodically working their way across the Universe and this is the first time they've reached our galaxy. I mean, it is a pretty big place. The reasons for us not hearing about them till now is most likely, that space is so vast.
            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by benmecha
              Presumably, we woke them up or something. If they "only just now got around to us", then that would be a major plot-hole. I guess we'll just have to wait for Avalon Pt. 1 in June.
              How would that be a plothole? The universe is at least 13.7 billion lightyears across with about 10 billion galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by benmecha
                Maybe they're attacking now because they finally see a window of opportunity now that the goa'uld have fallen from power. Or perhaps even something that happened in ascension land during "Threads" opened that window of opportunity; quite possibly Oma's followers were those who were keeping the Ori at bay, but now they're w/o a leader. We shall soon see why they've popped up now.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                  How would that be a plothole? The universe is at least 13.7 billion lightyears across with about 10 billion galaxies.
                  You do know that by that logic a galaxy is only a Light Year wide

Comment

The Ori took detours and stopped at tourists spots on the way to our galaxy.

Them damn kids and their potty breaks...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                      You do know that by that logic a galaxy is only a Light Year wide
                      The universe isn't flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                        The universe isn't flat.
                        That is true, however in most TV shows when they calculate space and spacial distances they tend to do it 2 Dimensionally with very little justification for any of the other parts

Comment

I really dont understand how people can even think of it as a plothole. See my CUS (commonly used sayings). No plotholes & realism.

The Orii might be a BIG threat and you might be wondering how in the universe we didnt see them before. But realize that there are other galaxies to be preoccupied with. Apparently, the Orii unleashed the plague that killed the Ancients. So, the Orii deemed the Ancients as a threat in the Milky Way and then eliminated them and then returned to other galaxies that posed as threats as well.

Only recently did the Orii see potential in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Comment

What makes you think it was the Orii who released the plague?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                              What makes you think it was the Orii who released the plague?
                              Read the spoiler for "The Fourth Horseman"

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Working...
                              X