This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOTR Symphony Concert

This is a 2 hour symphonic adventure into the magical world of J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth through Howard Shore's monumental composition The Lord of the Rings Symphony in Six Movements.

This concert is touring the US and the world, and has sold out in every city where it has played since its premiere in March.

Woo Hoo! It's coming to Houston on July 1 & 2 and I've got tickets to see and hear this. It's too exciting!!

For more schedule information, check out
    http://www.howardshore.com/

Anyone else going?

Too bad, it doesn't look like it's coming to my area 'cause I'd love to see it. LOTR is such a beautiful score. Plus, there's nothing better than live music.
    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Aw, that's too bad. Yes, the score from the trilogy is unbelievable and there will be projected images of original concept and storyboard artwork from the films by Alan Lee and John Howe and will chronologically align with the music.

Imagine - hearing live choral singing in Elvish!

Just keep checking the site as they may add new cities for the tour.

Comment

This is a good way to get more people interested in orchestral music without all the classical snob stuffiness!
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
        X