This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please enough of Runner UGH More Shep

Gimme A Break Since we first heard about Runner it seems all the scoops are all about Runner while we are still waiting for the backstory on Sheppard, McKay,Teyla, and so forth and my question is why ?
    So am I to assume Runner is now the only character on SGA because TPTB bring him on and suddenly his story is of great importance ? No Way
    All it is doing is making me not care about Runner and as for the Actor ? Sorry not impressive and I'm not interested watching a pretty boy when I'd rather watch real men like Sheppard, McKay, Beckett, and so forth ..
    And why is Runner suddenly getting all the storylines ? Not even Teyla who is a series regular was given the airtime and back story which Runner is and Teyla at least has merit ..
    I'm not always crazy abour Weir but sheesh she too is getting pushed aside so Runner can start dominating every aspect of SGA and it sucks ...
    Advice to TPTB do not forsake what made SGA great to watch to start hyping the mediocre new guy because when you start screwing things up you lose viewers and everyone loses ..

Pam
    Last edited by John&Teylaalltheway; 09 April 2005, 03:26 PM.

Originally posted by John&Teylaalltheway
    Gimme A Break Since we first heard about Runner it seems all the scoops are all about Runner while we are still waiting for the backstory on Sheppard, McKay,Teyla, and so forth and my question is why ?
    So am I to assume Runner is now the only character on SGA because TPTB bring him on and suddenly his story is of great importance ? No Way
    All it is doing is making me not care about Runner and as for the Actor ? Sorry not impressive and I'm not interested watching a pretty boy when I'd rather watch real men like Sheppard, McKay, Beckett, and so forth ..
    And why is Runner suddenly getting all the storylines ? Not even Teyla who is a series regular was given the airtime and back story which Runner is and Teyla at least has merit ..
    I'm not always crazy abour Weir but sheesh she too is getting pushed aside so Runner can start dominating every aspect of SGA and it sucks ...
    Advice to TPTB do not forsake what made SGA great to watch to start hyping the mediocre new guy because when you start screwing things up you lose viewers and everyone loses ..

Pam
    um we have recieved info on like two episodes, that doesnt mean the whole season is about ronon dex

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      um we have recieved info on like two episodes, that doesnt mean the whole season is about ronon dex
      Sorry but we heard about three shows so far and 2 out of 3 are on Runner and IMO that's not great news !!!!!
      SGA has been on one full season and we still have no back stories on Sheppard,McKay,Beckett,Teyla, and Weir yet Runner not only gets huge intro story but back story within 3/4 eps of the seconde season ? Whoa now that's not fair and TPTB better take it easy ..

Pam

Comment

Too much quote, too little actual comments
        ok whoever repped me, could you please explain what you mean by that, because it doesnt make any sense. also if you were trying to neg me, you should know you are too new to actually give me red, you only give grays still. but regardless, what do you mean?

Comment

indeed

Spoiler:

Siege III and Intruder are totally devoid of Ronon. In Runner, Ford gets a big role as well. In the spoilers for Duet, he isn't even mentionned. Duet seems to be the McKay show. Give the Dex-character his episode. And the episode Epiphany will be the Shep show. And McKay and Zelenka (and possible redshirts) have the B-plot in Trinity.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
            indeed

Spoiler:

Siege III and Intruder are totally devoid of Ronon. In Runner, Ford gets a big role as well. In the spoilers for Duet, he isn't even mentionned. Duet seems to be the McKay show. Give the Dex-character his episode. And the episode Epiphany will be the Shep show. And McKay and Zelenka (and possible redshirts) have the B-plot in Trinity.
            Now that's the best summary I've seen of the very limited, sketchy info we have on season two. I don't understand how people can complain so vocally about something they know essentially nothing about.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
              Now that's the best summary I've seen of the very limited, sketchy info we have on season two. I don't understand how people can complain so vocally about something they know essentially nothing about.
              amen to that. there are 20 episodes in the season, thats plenty of time to explore the characters, we dont want everything thrown at us at once do we?

Comment

Indeed...until the shows air everything is speculation.

I just intend to sit back and enjoy. Atlantis has been brilliant this year, and I feel it can only get better...just a shame that it won't be happening with Ford as a regular character rather than having a new guy in...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

amen to that. there are 20 episodes in the season, thats plenty of time to explore the characters, we dont want everything thrown at us at once do we?
                  I sure don't...
                  I don't want any obvious character development episodes either, where characters sit around for 40 minutes comiserating about trauma and epiphanies... I want character development to woven into the arc, explained through dialogue and events. I prefer that the past be woven with the present and not be hit by flashbacks in one episode.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

From everything I've read here on Ronon Dex, the character simply doesn't interest me. McKay, Weir, Sheppard, Teyla, Carson, and Mitch Pileggi's character - those interest me.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised and find another fascinating character in Atlantis. I would have been just as happy without the Ronon Dex character, really. I don't see what he adds to the mix.

JMHO. To which I'm entitled.
                    ~*~*~*~*~*
                    not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Maybe the Wraith will get him.
                      Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                      Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                      O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                      We are the Ancients

Comment

patience is a good thing to have so just wait and see trust the writers

Comment

The writers are just trying to generate interest in a new character - I don't think they'll go overboard on Ronan.

SGA had a good first year and I trust the writers know what they are doing by now (for the most part).

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                          X