This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord Yu Discussion

I think it's too bad we didn't get to delve into Lord Yu's character more. I always wondered how similar he was to other Chinese emperors. He likes tea, I think I saw a bonsai in the background in an episode and he had a generic chinese palace, but did he ever have a pug? Most emperors did. Well, the Goa'uld probably weren't that interested in pets
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

They had human pets.

Yu certainly did seem more benevolent than most of the other System Lords, maybe he became a softie in his old age. Plus added points for having Oshu as his first prime.

Comment

I think the only reason he was a 'softie' in his old age is because, as Daniel pointed out in err, Fair Game? that he had no power bases in our part of the Galaxy.

Also, because he was going senile maybe Oshu changed or refused to carry out his more extreme orders?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow
        I think the only reason he was a 'softie' in his old age is because, as Daniel pointed out in err, Fair Game? that he had no power bases in our part of the Galaxy.

Also, because he was going senile maybe Oshu changed or refused to carry out his more extreme orders?
        yeah that is why indeed
        Lord Zedd

Comment

He probally also started loosing his mind from overuse of the Sarcophogus. He is one of the oldest system lords and probally has been using it longer.
          Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Good point... well being apathetic is better than nothing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
              He probally also started loosing his mind from overuse of the Sarcophogus. He is one of the oldest system lords and probally has been using it longer.
              too true, too true. poor guy. i always thought he was really cool.
              Spoiler:
              are we finally starting a thread for another dead guy?
              Save us from danger, save us from evil
              Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by jack and sam 4eva 2getha
                too true, too true. poor guy. i always thought he was really cool.
                Spoiler:
                are we finally starting a thread for another dead guy?

(Whitey letters): Yes we are. Dead people are so much easier to discuss because they can't change due to the fact that they are dead!

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Yeah, dead people are cool. In Stargate, they seem to be really popular characters. anyway, Lord Yu was cool. Personally, i was much sadder
                  Spoiler:
                  when his first prime died in Threads
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                    Yeah, dead people are cool. In Stargate, they seem to be really popular characters. anyway, Lord Yu was cool. Personally, i was much sadder
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    OSHU DIED IN THREADS??!!! WHAT?! Was this in the extended version? I only saw the 42 min version and all I saw was the stabby with Yu. Ah nuts, I hoped he had survived.

Comment

I think it was well-established in Fair Game that he was a softie in his young age as well. His mythological profile was noted as being more benevolent than other Goa'uld and he was widely considered throughout his time as 'the one we can trust'. Clearly he was a moderate, only by Goa'uld standards, sure, but a moderate nonetheless. Ba'al was probably forever denouncing him as a mealy-mouthed liberal.

"Following the uprising, Lord Yu executed half of the population! If this softly-softly approach continues, there will be anarchy!"
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                        Spoiler:
                        yea, that was more sad
                        Save us from danger, save us from evil
                        Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          I think it was well-established in Fair Game that he was a softie in his young age as well. His mythological profile was noted as being more benevolent than other Goa'uld and he was widely considered throughout his time as 'the one we can trust'. Clearly he was a moderate, only by Goa'uld standards, sure, but a moderate nonetheless. Ba'al was probably forever denouncing him as a mealy-mouthed liberal.

"Following the uprising, Lord Yu executed half of the population! If this softly-softly approach continues, there will be anarchy!"
                          Oh, I love it.

Lord Yu is the liberal of the System Lords.

If the metaphor were any more perfect I think I'd cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                            Spoiler:
                            OSHU DIED IN THREADS??!!! WHAT?! Was this in the extended version? I only saw the 42 min version and all I saw was the stabby with Yu. Ah nuts, I hoped he had survived.

Whitey letters: I would assume that the space station the Replicator's attacked in Reckoning was lost with all hands(and snakes). So I think it's safe to assume poor Oshu dies defending his masters corpse.

Comment

I wonder if we will see another Chinese Goa'uld? I forgot if Ameratsu was Chinese or Japanese.

Comment

Working...
                              X