This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode: Epiphany [speculations]

I doubt there will be any spoilers in this thread anytime soon.

According to information retrieved by Gateworld, which found it in an interview with Joe Flanigan by About.com, Joe Flanigan wrote an episode titled Epiphany which is currently in the "production slate".

Any speculations on what this episode could center around? Epiphany is apparently a Christian term denoting a large Christian feast devoted to the revelation of God and attributed to theophany.

The only problems I have with actor-written episodes is that they seem to do very little with the current plotline. They go off on a smaller storyline that seems resolved by the end of the episode and does absolutely nothing in the broader sense of the show. I would REALLY like to see some 'main plotline episodes' in season 2 like Rising, Suspicion, Before I Sleep, Gift & Siege.

presumabely this episode will be centred around shepperd, so try to think what his biggest issues are.

Comment

According to Joe's interview, Epiphany does not revolve around an explorationof Shep's character. He had said in an earlier interview it would revolve around further exploration of Atlantis.

Epiphany meaning a sudden realization/awareness/revelation of self could be Sheppard discovering how connected he is to Atlantis though.

Comment

I like the "smaller storyline" too. It's nice to sometimes get away from the heavy tensions of the main story and go into some side details...makes for a richer story overall. I like actor-written stories...I like to see what they come up with, especially in regard to their own characters. And if JF likes doing scenes w/ David Hewlett, he's probably written some lovely bantery ones for them. I hope! But anyway, I'm interested to see it.

Comment

not all episodes written by actors are "smaller stoylines." the Changling is a good example. It furthered the freedom of the Jaffa from the Go'auld, but given them tritonan.

As for the episode, I'd go with the second definition offered. I'd like to think they find something staggaring about Atlantis that we haven't had a clue about and that none of the character have either. And I don't mean a virus in a containment feild that broke and infected the crew. I mean something monumental, but I don't have any idea what that might be at this time.
          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Trinity, Epiphany...a pattern?
            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

From dictionary.com:

epiphany: A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                According to Joe's interview, Epiphany does not revolve around an explorationof Shep's character. He had said in an earlier interview it would revolve around further exploration of Atlantis.

Epiphany meaning a sudden realization/awareness/revelation of self could be Sheppard discovering how connected he is to Atlantis though.
                I like the idea of that if I remember correctly JF mentioned in an earlier interview last year that the episode he is writing may solve the problem of ZPM, now I personally don’t want see that because it is bit to soon for that but I like the idea of exploring why Sheppard is so good at figuring out ancient tech.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I like the mixture of story arc and stand-alone episodes and it wouldn't make a difference to me which sort of story this would be.

As for actors writing and/or directing in their own series. .sometimes it is bad (think David Duchovny in X-Files) or it can be great (Chris Judge in SG1). Since JF's bio hints at writing for a magazine in the past, chances are he has the skills, however, The jury (us) will be out until the episode actually airs.

I'm going to think positive thoughts.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

course ther are the eps that Ben Browder (farscape fame and now the newest member of SG1) both of his eps were good.. loved GEM (Green Eyed Monster) personally, although JQ (John Quixote) was good too... more of a don quoixte spoof... but still was good)

the DD ep of X-F was okay, could have been better though.

am lookin foreward to seein in what direction JF goes for the eppy
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                      Trinity, Epiphany...a pattern?
                      I had heard that there would be a theme of something to do with the divine/higher nature of Atlantis or the Ancients. There is also an SG-1 ep entitled "Ex Deus Machina", which could be a mis-syntax of "Deus Ex Machina" (a sudden, last-minute, solution from an unlikely powerful source, literally, "God from a Machine"), or it could literally mean, "from God's Machine" again reiterating the theme that the Ancients are holy or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X