X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stargate spin-offs (yes, plural)!

From Yahoo:

'Gaters' - that's Stargate fans to the rest of us - will be pleased to know that when Stargate SG-1 and its sister series, Stargate Atlantis, return from their annual mid-season break in February next year, they will not be alone. To accompany the two hit series comes not one, but two new spin-offs.

"Last year, there was just one 'Stargate' series on TV," says co-creator and 'SG-1' showrunner Robert C. Cooper. "By this time next year, we will have four shows airing concurrrently to worry about." Next to him sits his 'Atlantis' counterpart, Brad Wright. "Our goal is to eventually beat 'Law & Order' in the number of spin-offs," he jokes.

The SciFi cable network has ordered 4 episodes of each new show, to air alongside the two already established Stargate series, and plan to develop them into full series the following seasons - should they be successful. "We have great faith in these projects," says SciFi spokesman Michael Robertson, "the Stargate franchise has proven successful so far and has yet to reach its full potential."

[snip]
    The article goes on to describe the concepts for the new shows. One is called 'Stargate High', and it basically sounds like the Stargate equivalent of 'Smallville' with teenagers ("future heroes", of course) in training for the Stargate program on another planet (get this: Dr. Lee will be one of the teachers!), with lots of angst and drama mixed in, no doubt (BW describes it as 'Dawsons Creek' in space). The other series is appearantly a spin-off of Ben Browders character, set in the future with another actor playing him as an older man, an SGC veteran. No title or story concept given yet (Stargate Infinity, anyone?). Article ends with RCC gushing over how this will be a "more modern, more youthful Stargate" for a younger audience.

(source)

NOTE: I would have posted this three days ago, but the forum was down. My apologies.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Originally posted by Ugly Pig

NOTE: I would have posted this three days ago, but the forum was down. My apologies.
    3 days ago when it was april 1st? arent you supposed to get a beating for late april fools?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      3 days ago when it was april 1st? arent you supposed to get a beating for late april fools?
      LoL Yeah this is definitely an april fools joke

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
        Late? I did write it on april 1st. It's not my fault the forum was down.

Besides, didn't I make it kinda obvious, with my "source"?
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Hmm .... StarGate: CSI. StarGate: NYPD Wormhole? StarGate: Law and Disorder. Naw .. StarGate: W.E.A.A (When Extraterrestrial Animals Attack), guuuhh ... StarGate FBI: The Truth.

April Fool!!
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
            Hmm .... StarGate: CSI. StarGate: NYPD Wormhole? StarGate: Law and Disorder. Naw .. StarGate: W.E.A.A (When Extraterrestrial Animals Attack), guuuhh ... StarGate FBI: The Truth.

April Fool!!
            Hehehe. That reminds me of Family Guy.

Peter: "All these TV shows seem to be just running together."

'Homicide: Life on Seasme Street. Brought to you by the letter H'

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              Hehehe. That reminds me of Family Guy.

Peter: "All these TV shows seem to be just running together."

'Homicide: Life on Seasme Street. Brought to you by the letter H'
              ROFLMAO! I don't think Super Grover will be much help in this case ...
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Do we seriously need another new spin-off, let alone two series, when Atlantis hasn’t been around for that long. What they are doing is going to ruin Stargate like Star Trek was ruined by having two many spin-off's at once.
                Murrue Ramius: Now then Kira Yamato, is there anything you would like to say in your defence?

Kira Yamato: (scilence)...

Murrue Ramius: Why did you act without permission?

Kira Yamato: I didn’t rescue her so she could be used as a hostage.

Mu La Flaga: You’re right about that. If anything you could have used her as a girlfriend.

Natarle Badgiruel: Objection

Comment

Originally posted by Lina Inverse
                  Do we seriously need another new spin-off, let alone two series, when Atlantis hasn’t been around for that long. What they are doing is going to ruin Stargate like Star Trek was ruined by having two many spin-off's at once.
                  So, after the "source" link and all those replies about it being an April Fool's joke, you still fell for it? Hee; ya got one, Ugly Pig!

Anyway, there were a couple bits that I felt made it kinda obvious: the whole "February" thing felt a bit early for us to just learn now, and Sci-Fi tends to be monetarily limited towards starting up that many new shows at one time (unless they're reality shows, then they seem to have all the money in the world). I think the thing about 4 episodes may've been a giveaway as well, since I think the lower limit on episode order that's actually a series is 6; could be wrong on that though. And the final giveaway was the attitudes of Brad Wright and Rob Cooper, which I would much more realistically expect to be "oh, crap, there's no way we can write this much!" or something like that. Nice one, anyway. If albeit late.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Okay, part of me knew this was a joke but there was a small part that fell for it. At first I was like how would the producers have the time and energy(not to mention creativity) to produce 4 shows simotainiously? I also figured it was a dead give away when it said about a future for BB's character.

There was the part where i read "Stargate High", I started ta get my hopes up for seein Haily as a regular character each week. Although i'd probebly shoot writters if it turned out to be a Sci-fi verson of, uugghh, Dawsons Creek.

Great Joke anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      Late? I did write it on april 1st. It's not my fault the forum was down.

Besides, didn't I make it kinda obvious, with my "source"?
                      I didnt check that link out before I posted it. still lets beat him!
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

How spin offs are they coming out (including stargate universe).

Comment

Why would you bump a 2 year old thread from April Fools day?

Comment

Originally posted by ukray View Post
                            How spin offs are they coming out (including stargate universe).
                            SG: Universe will air in the 2nd half of 2008 (or in the end of 2008).

SG:Atlantis season 4 will start in one month I think
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

If the High School thing wasn't absurd enough, spinning off a show with the least popular Stargate star in the franchise's history.....
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X