This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith attacking atlantis is a really dumb idea

Because if they are looking to get to Earth Atlantis does not have the power for a wormhole to get there. If the Wraith had the ability for intergalactic hyperdrive they would have done it allready. Its not that hard to point to the nearest galaxy and say, hey maybe theres food over there, especially when faced with starvation with their entire population awake. It just seems like a bad idea to me, I mean they had to know that atlantis would blow up their intergalactic hyperdrives rather than let them fall. What were they going to do, invade earth with a couple darts through the gate at a time, a hive ship isnt going to fit.

Down with dumb wraith!
    "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

Duet spoiler and the resolution of siege
    From the spoiler from gate world about Duet
    highlight
    all the Wraith woke up at the same time, they are suffering from something of a food shortage . plus ....The expedition members race back toward the Stargate, hoping to avoid detection. (Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard makes a cryptic remark about Atlantis's cover being blown if they are spotted, perhaps hinting at the resolution of "The Siege.")

I think somehow , the Alantis team figure a way to make the city disappear, or appear to be destory in the last minute, and from most of S2 Altantis team will be operate in secret, and the Wraith are starving and everywhere but not attacking Altantis .

Comment

Well Atlantis contains a lot more than just the Stargate. It also houses the Ancient Database which a sufficently advanced race would be able to decipher and possibly build intergalactic hyperdrives or a power supply for the gate. Just a theory.
      Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Wraiths probably don't even know of the location of earth. The universe is huge and if the Ancients had hyperdrives that were even one tenth as powerful as those of the Asgard they could have potentially come from anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by spiceweasel
          Because if they are looking to get to Earth Atlantis does not have the power for a wormhole to get there. If the Wraith had the ability for intergalactic hyperdrive they would have done it allready. Its not that hard to point to the nearest galaxy and say, hey maybe theres food over there, especially when faced with starvation with their entire population awake. It just seems like a bad idea to me, I mean they had to know that atlantis would blow up their intergalactic hyperdrives rather than let them fall. What were they going to do, invade earth with a couple darts through the gate at a time, a hive ship isnt going to fit.

Down with dumb wraith!
          They want to use Atlantis in conjunction with the Ancient database to build intergalactic hyperdrive engines and determine exactly where Earth is. Plus its Atlantis, why NOT try to take it. Especially when its just weak humans running it,

Comment

yes if they were starving then they would just beam likem 10000 guys from hive ship down not like 30 then 100 from darts and like some of the darts just fly around and dont do anything you would think they would all transport down
            plus how

Comment

Down with dumb wraith!
              its called a story...and the wraith dont know much- they just know atlantis is the key to a new feeding ground and when they are running out of food, a whole galaxy of new foods sounds like a good idea no?
              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Down with dumb wraith!
                There are only two reasons why they'd want Atlantis: (1) to access it's wealth of Ancient knowledge and tech and (2) to give access to the intergalatic hyerdrive. They don't want Atlantis for the Stargate and wormhole to Earth. They want the knowledge and power it possesses. Also, we really don't know whether they have hyperspace tech that can take them to another galaxy. Pegasus and MW aren't all that far apart, so they might actually be able to do it, fly there themselves, but they want the City of Atlantis for its knowledge and tech.

Think about this: if the Wraith Keeper was able to extract knowledge from Col. Sumner, she probably also knows about the Asgard, the Replicators, the Tok'ra, and the Goa'uld. She'd know about Anubis, the Kull Warriors, and some of the capabilities of our friends and enemies. Sumner probably didn't know a lot of info on the Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Asgard, etc., but he knew enough to plant the seeds of fear in the Wraith minds. If they attack Earth, they may be starting a war with other species whose capabilities are unknown. If they had Atlantis, they'd be in a strategically superior position no matter what the capabilities are of the Milky Way's various species.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                  There are only two reasons why they'd want Atlantis: (1) to access it's wealth of Ancient knowledge and tech and (2) to give access to the intergalatic hyerdrive. They don't want Atlantis for the Stargate and wormhole to Earth. They want the knowledge and power it possesses. Also, we really don't know whether they have hyperspace tech that can take them to another galaxy. Pegasus and MW aren't all that far apart, so they might actually be able to do it, fly there themselves, but they want the City of Atlantis for its knowledge and tech.

Think about this: if the Wraith Keeper was able to extract knowledge from Col. Sumner, she probably also knows about the Asgard, the Replicators, the Tok'ra, and the Goa'uld. She'd know about Anubis, the Kull Warriors, and some of the capabilities of our friends and enemies. Sumner probably didn't know a lot of info on the Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Asgard, etc., but he knew enough to plant the seeds of fear in the Wraith minds. If they attack Earth, they may be starting a war with other species whose capabilities are unknown. If they had Atlantis, they'd be in a strategically superior position no matter what the capabilities are of the Milky Way's various species.
                  I gotta disagree with you there. THe wraith have so far shown NO fear of any kind.
                  Also, the chick who was reading sumner's mind only did it for a very short time and appeared to need to ask questions to get him to think of the answer.
                  Remember she askes about the population and keep increasing it(hundreds, thousands, millions, billions) I doubt she got much from him about other races.
                  ALso, the Wriath see Earth as feeding ground. THye don't want territory, they want dinner.
                  The humans of Pegasus are so completely whipped by the wraith that I dooubt the wraith have any respect for them as oppenents at all.
                  THey wany Atlantis because that is where the co-ordinates to Earth, among other things are.

Comment

Down with dumb wraith!
                    I think there are two very important details that the original poster has overlooked. First, the Pegasus galaxy is a dwarf galaxy only 4,000 light years across. The Milky Way is at least 100,000 light years wide. The Wriath likely never saw a need to develop extreemly fast engines, because they were never going that far.

Secondly, even if the Wraith did "point to the nearest galaxy", they wouldn't have found the Earth. The Milky Way is three million lightyears from Pegasus. Andromeda and Triangulum are roughly half that distance, and there are numerous other small galaxies that are closer still.

But did the Wraith even know that the Ancients had abandoned Atlantis for another galaxy? Maybe there are a few hiveships cruising around other galaxies, searching for food.

a time to mourn

Comment

from the episode with sumner and the wraith adn the siege episodes with zelenka talking to weir about how to destroy the city. The wraith want atlantis as a means of getting to earth, they want the information from the database and the intergalactic engines to get them there as their own are not advanced enough. Zelenka says that even if they destroy the gate and the engines they have to assume the wriaht are clever enough to learn how to build new ones from the database. That is why he had to build a special virus to destroy the database. The wriath are not thinknign tactically/strategically they merely thinking, hey theres loads of food over there lets go. Also the wraith by war of attrition defeated the ancients and have ruled for 10,000 over the puny pegasus humans without anything so much as a human fighting back let alone any kind of threat to them. So they do not understand what will happen, they are on the arrogant side now. Also the wraith keeper who questioned sumner did not recognise his world of humans so she asked him where he was from, they found out about earth and that is all they know.

Comment

I don't think that it is a dumb idea to attack Atlantis. All the secrets,all the technology and so on, acces to Earth. I think the Wraith would find a solution to the problem of making a connection to Earth.
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

It seems to me that the wraith while being highly technologically advanced and dare i say genetically superior are still very narrow minded. Their concept of life seems to be food and sleep and reproduction (unless there is a back story that is going to give them more depth) so it is easy enough to believe that they have no concept of things such as an infinite universe or ascending to a higher plain or time travel or any advanced forms of science and mathematics that require an element of imagination.....perhaps it simply never occurs to them to continue out into the depths of space past the pegasus galaxy even if they have the technology which i'm very sure they don't..... In the war against the ancients The Wraith had the element of surprise long enough to get a foothold and from there wreak havoc but as for continuing into other galaxies without prior knowledge of who or whats out there when you already have enough to keep you going right where you are...what's the point....they aren't explorers, they have no predators, until now they had no reason to leave the confines of their safe and adequete little existence

Comment

Here is an analogy: You live on a big island and your pretty advanced, you have water ships that can take u anywhere along the rivers of you island within very small spans of time. But now theres too many of you and you face starvation, but you can see way off on the horizion that there are other islands out there, and although your ships are built for navigating inside your island, and are pretyy darned good at it youve never tried to sail to another island before. Now what would you do. Risk sailing to a new island on an off chance there MIGHT be food there, or just sit and die?
                            "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

Comment

Here is an analogy: You live on a big island and your pretty advanced, you have water ships that can take u anywhere along the rivers of you island within very small spans of time. But now theres too many of you and you face starvation, but you can see way off on the horizion that there are other islands out there, and although your ships are built for navigating inside your island, and are pretyy darned good at it youve never tried to sail to another island before. Now what would you do. Risk sailing to a new island on an off chance there MIGHT be food there, or just sit and die?
                              If I was Wraith I'd eat once, set my autopilot and then go sleep Wake up when I have to, eat, then sleep again. Eventually I'd arrive at the island and hopefully find new food. If not, I'd let my foodstash have sex and make more food, taking only what I need to survive. Eventually There'd be alot of them and I could eat alot.

Comment

Working...
                              X