Goa'uld with Wraith Host ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Yea.. Adria's mental powers were strong, but its the wraith super healing issue i can't see the symbiot getting around.
    Yes Adria was very powerful but she was a product of a normal human with ori given powers, she had similar abilities to priors and advanced humans (before ascending). But the wraith carry a genetic line from Ancients. So if you could manipulate Ancient DNA and advance it further then allow the natural process of the iratus bug evolution over that enhanced Ancient DNA then that would produce a superior wraith queen.

Like the other poster mentioned the problem we run into is the rejection of the symbiote due to enhanced healing of the wraith, its constantly repairing the symbiotes brain connections.

But we also know symbiotes possess a high healing ability as well, not only for itself but for the host, the symbiote doesn't need to focus on healing the host in this case just its own connection to the host.

And with life emitting nanites we could increase the goa'ulds dose of the radiation vs the wraith cells so that the goa'uld heals its connection to the host faster than the host can repair them.

Or if our DNA reprogrammer is skilled enough we can simply remove or add code that accepts goa'uld DNA and skip that problem entirely. Or we could introduce the goa'uld symbiote into the Ancient before the iratus evolution begins so that both Ancient and Goa'uld DNA are both present during the evolution period, but this might actually produce a different creature other than a super wraith queen so i dunno.

Other than the cool mental abilities we get with this combination is the control of both Ancient and Wraith technology.
    Not to mention a goa'ulded wraith could use its power to control both goa'uld fleets and wraith fleets and combine them.

And even perhaps pass down this genetic awesomeness to its offspring.

Comment

As much as I'd like to see how this would pan out, I'd rather just sit back and let the two races destroy each other.
      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Wraith are weaker than Adria or priors. But Adria has become a host of Baal. This is the ideal host for Goa'uld. Both are looking at people as inferior. Both cruel. Goa'uld did not need to to suppress the Ghost.A regeneration would become so strong that in order for to kill to be separated into small pieces.
        Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
        SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

But the Wraith have an Insect part to their lineage. That kind of Basic Instinct Primal Programing can be extremely difficult to over come.

I think.

uhhh.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
            But the Wraith have an Insect part to their lineage. That kind of Basic Instinct Primal Programing can be extremely difficult to over come.

I think.

uhhh.
            Unas and Malruk beast have nothing at all human. This does not prevent Goa'uld control them.
            Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

I don't see why a goa'uld can't take a wraith host. They can take a wide variety of hosts and they don't have to be the least bit human. They talked about that in the Reetou episode. As for the rejection because of regeneration, I think that the wraith healing would help the process. If the host and symbiote are incompatible, then both would begin dying after blending. The wraith healing powers might completely prevent this from happening.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by Graupel View Post
                can a goa'uld symbiote enter and gain control of a wraith's mind as a host?
                if that were possible then the goauld would've viewed the wraith as potential hosts far superior to humans, instead of going into a panic fit & trying to blow up Atlantis to prevent the wraith from entering Milky Way

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                  if that were possible then the goauld would've viewed the wraith as potential hosts far superior to humans, instead of going into a panic fit & trying to blow up Atlantis to prevent the wraith from entering Milky Way
                  They might even get the power they want by taking wraith queens as hosts. Countless wraith warriors at your disposal, willing to die for you, and won't even stop to question you. Everything a Goa'uld wants.

sigpic
                  Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

It would have made for an interesting episode or three, if they HAD have had one of the gou'ald who were in the trust, try to get to atlantis and invade a wraith..
                    Pt 1 could be the gou'ald getting there and ends with the host being taken over.
                    Pt 2 could be the SGC somehow finding out about it and prepping to stop the wraith-gou'ald hybred wrecking havoc.
                    Pt 2 could be the finishing of the take down.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                      I don't see why a goa'uld can't take a wraith host. They can take a wide variety of hosts and they don't have to be the least bit human. They talked about that in the Reetou episode. As for the rejection because of regeneration, I think that the wraith healing would help the process. If the host and symbiote are incompatible, then both would begin dying after blending. The wraith healing powers might completely prevent this from happening.
                      I like to disagree, mostly because it's not easy for a goa'uld to take a host.

*Hathor: we learn that the goa'uld need DNA from the subject species to better take a host. Mind you that it's then a genetic trait of the offspring, so the goa'uld we met everywhere would have it. The Unas.... i don't want to imagine Hathor with an Unas but she hinted that they do it differently for different species. Still, a Goa'uld has no default super-host-taking ability.

*We know from Cure that the goa'uld need to acclimatize to the human body via the jaffa pouch, and if they don't it significantly decreases their potential for taking a host. So again, it's not a done deal when it comes to taking a host

*we know from...some episode that the Goa'uld suppress the human immune system. There's a damn good reason for this, namely that the human immune system otherwise kills the Goa'uld. Similar to HIV/AIDS, the goa'uld straight out attacks the immune system, but (after leaving the host) leaves it ravaged.

The wraith healing system would NOT help with the goa'uld taking the host. It would crush and destroy the Goa'uld as it enters the body. The Wraith healing system (which, for obvious reasons, HAS to include the immune system) is vastly superior to the Goa'uld healing system (just shoot a goa'uld and a wraith and you'll see). Unlike the human immune system, as that one loses to the Goa'uld.

In conclusion:

*a goa'uld would not have the genetic blueprint of a wraith, and so make it harder to take a wraith host. Not impossible (they eventually took humans and unas too), but harder

*a goa'uld would not win the immunity battle versus a wraith and it would be absolutely destroyed

*because the Wraith are very different than humans, the symbiont poison may not work at all on the wraith.

Now, maybe if the Wraith is under lab conditions and heavy medication, but even then it's not a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

*Hathor: we learn that the goa'uld need DNA from the subject species to better take a host. Mind you that it's then a genetic trait of the offspring, so the goa'uld we met everywhere would have it. The Unas.... i don't want to imagine Hathor with an Unas but she hinted that they do it differently for different species. Still, a Goa'uld has no default super-host-taking ability.

*We know from Cure that the goa'uld need to acclimatize to the human body via the jaffa pouch, and if they don't it significantly decreases their potential for taking a host. So again, it's not a done deal when it comes to taking a host

*we know from...some episode that the Goa'uld suppress the human immune system. There's a damn good reason for this, namely that the human immune system otherwise kills the Goa'uld. Similar to HIV/AIDS, the goa'uld straight out attacks the immune system, but (after leaving the host) leaves it ravaged.

The wraith healing system would NOT help with the goa'uld taking the host. It would crush and destroy the Goa'uld as it enters the body. The Wraith healing system (which, for obvious reasons, HAS to include the immune system) is vastly superior to the Goa'uld healing system (just shoot a goa'uld and a wraith and you'll see). Unlike the human immune system, as that one loses to the Goa'uld.

In conclusion:

*a goa'uld would not have the genetic blueprint of a wraith, and so make it harder to take a wraith host. Not impossible (they eventually took humans and unas too), but harder

*a goa'uld would not win the immunity battle versus a wraith and it would be absolutely destroyed

*because the Wraith are very different than humans, the symbiont poison may not work at all on the wraith.

Now, maybe if the Wraith is under lab conditions and heavy medication, but even then it's not a done deal.
                        Excellent post, I agree. Building on what you said, though not precisely, for all we know despite the aesthetic differences between Humans and Unas, there could be direct similarities in internal physiology. Whereas a Wraith we know is markedly different because of it's evolutionary divergence with the Iratus bug.

Again, for all we know, a Goa'uld symbiote is sustained the same way the human body itself is by drawing nutrients (vitamins, minerals, protein) from edible subsistence. A symbiote may not adapt at all to the manner in which a Wraith subsists, add to scenario that when ever a Wraith fed could potentially lead to it's healing factor rejecting/expelling the symbiote.

That all being said, I wonder what would happen if a Goa'uld-Wraith used a sarcophagus? Would the universe implode?

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                          Excellent post, I agree. Building on what you said, though not precisely, for all we know despite the aesthetic differences between Humans and Unas, there could be direct similarities in internal physiology. Whereas a Wraith we know is markedly different because of it's evolutionary divergence with the Iratus bug.

Again, for all we know, a Goa'uld symbiote is sustained the same way the human body itself is by drawing nutrients (vitamins, minerals, protein) from edible subsistence. A symbiote may not adapt at all to the manner in which a Wraith subsists, add to scenario that when ever a Wraith fed could potentially lead to it's healing factor rejecting/expelling the symbiote.

That all being said, I wonder what would happen if a Goa'uld-Wraith used a sarcophagus? Would the universe implode?
                          Well the goa'uld appear to have a small chance to take a host anyway. Otherwise, they couldn't have taken the first unas host. Their whole Imperium is built upon their host taking, so it needs to be possible to some degree.

That being said, there are many similarities between humans and unas, mostly because all life in the Milky Way largely adheres to the same basic blueprints. Or at least, that's how it appears. Many (life-related) molecules have chirality, that is, they have a mirror form. Life on earth for some reason chose the righthanded form (named so because of the polarization test used to check for this). However, if we took an identical earth except that one thing, life would be incompatible. You could ingest all the food you want, you'd die from malnutrition. Since SG1 doesn't die of malnutrition when spending extended periods of time on another planet, it's clear that just about every rule on this is copied.

In Rising beckett notes that the Wraith have many different enzymes and so a much more alien makeup. Despite the fact that the humans still have largely the same chemistry, we know that the wraith don't perfectly follow this. And so, a wraith indeed is not as compatible.

I would agree that a Goa'uld just pulls the nutrients from the blood.

oh and lastly,

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                          Considering the effects of the device, the healing of a goa'uld and a wraith, it would be a huge letdown. Since the sarcophagus magically knows what's supposed to be healed and not, and since the Goa'uld would have to be accepted by the wraith as part of it's body (otherwise the immune problems stir up again), we can assume the sarcophagus plays by the rules and heals the wraith as it would any being (and doesn't bloody murder the symbiont).

It would be uneventful because a Wraith's healing abilities are so powerful that it would almost certainly outdo a sarcophagus. Similarly, a goa'ulds healing abilities add absolutely nothing to a Wraith's own.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

In conclusion:

not to mention if a mere human mind can put up some resistance (Skaara) then if anything it's the wraith host who should be able to control the snake & access its memory

Comment

Working...
                            X