Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld with Wraith Host ?

Spoilers Atlantis
    Now that we found out that the wraith are an off-shoot of an ancient colony gone awry (via little buggos) and evolved into wraithe.. can a goa'uld symbiote enter and gain control of a wraith's mind as a host? Is it possible that the wraith could just suck the life out of the symbiote while it is trying to meld with it (keep in mind the symbiote is inside the wraith's neck trying to attach itself to the brain stem).. and then let the symbiote just decompose ?
    Last edited by Graupel; 29 March 2005, 12:33 AM.

You've still gotta to get the "code of life" (DNA) of a wraith so the symbiote would match and blah blah, it would be hard and take a fair while. few years for the symbiote to mature and find a wraith jaffa.
    Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

y would we want this exactly - wither earth or me wouldnt want this - the gouald are a crap enemy, so are the wraith, combined it would be the bigest cliche in the history of television.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by furling
        You've still gotta to get the "code of life" (DNA) of a wraith so the symbiote would match and blah blah, it would be hard and take a fair while. few years for the symbiote to mature and find a wraith jaffa.
        That whole 'code of life' bit was regarding to host rejection issues for future offspring, not a goa'uld taking a new species as a host.
        The queen uses a hosts DNA in order to lower the rejection rates for her offspring. If the normal rate of rejection is 20%, and the queen has the ability to lower it to <20%, it's makes sense.

As for a goa'uld taking a wraith as a host, I suppose it's possible, but unlikely.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I can't see why they can't. As far as we know they have an anatomy close to humans, this includes a brain and spine. The Goa'uld wraps around the spine and controls the brain, so I think it is likely. The Goa'uld are rather vain about having a good appearence, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Odens återkomst
            I can't see why they can't. As far as we know they have an anatomy close to humans, this includes a brain and spine. The Goa'uld wraps around the spine and controls the brain, so I think it is likely. The Goa'uld are rather vain about having a good appearence, though.
            Power > Appearance. Look at Anubis in season 8 for an example.

While the Wraith might be humanoid, they're definately not human. The Goa'uld would likely have a very high rejection rate with Wraith hosts, and then there's always the possibility of the Wraith host body consuming the goa'uld; they feed off life afterall, a foreign entity would likely be consumed rather than fought off by an immune system.

We don't know enough about the Wraith to really answer this question. To me, it seems unlikely, but I like I said, possible.
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I think they could...but probably wouldn't want to because the Wraith are too dependant on our races in order to survive. (ie...they have to eat alot)
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Would a Wraith-Goa'uld need to feed though, if it had access to a Sarcophagus?
                Captain Untouchable
                Captain's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Graupel
                  Spoilers Atlantis
                  Now that we found out that the wraith are an off-shoot of an ancient colony gone awry (via little buggos) and evolved into wraithe.. can a goa'uld symbiote enter and gain control of a wraith's mind as a host? Is it possible that the wraith could just suck the life out of the symbiote while it is trying to meld with it (keep in mind the symbiote is inside the wraith's neck trying to attach itself to the brain stem).. and then let the symbiote just decompose ?
                  1st: I have said this before but no one is able to give me the evidence so if there is evidence now please tell me how do we know that the wraith are an off-shoot of an ancient colony gone awry. I dont believe this is acurate but if there is proof from an episode please let me know so that I can watch it again - Thanks

2nd: I dont see why the goa'uld Could not take the wraith as hosts but there would probably be some fight for control. The Wraith have powerful mind abilities and there would probably be a struggle for control of power - just my 2 cents though.
                  Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    y would we want this exactly - wither earth or me wouldnt want this - the gouald are a crap enemy, so are the wraith, combined it would be the bigest cliche in the history of television.
                    You are so right.

Originally posted by Jarnin
                    While the Wraith might be humanoid, they're definately not human. The Goa'uld would likely have a very high rejection rate with Wraith hosts, and then there's always the possibility of the Wraith host body consuming the goa'uld; they feed off life afterall, a foreign entity would likely be consumed rather than fought off by an immune system.
                    Hey, a Goa'uld was able to possess some sort of spiderlike animal in "The Tomb", and they were successful at possessing the Unas, which is also non-human, so I'm not sure what being human or not human proves. Really, if you're gonna speil, at least check the Omnipedia... never have I seen such a resource for fanwank!

Originally posted by odinseye
                    1st: I have said this before but no one is able to give me the evidence so if there is evidence now please tell me how do we know that the wraith are an off-shoot of an ancient colony gone awry. I dont believe this is acurate but if there is proof from an episode please let me know so that I can watch it again - Thanks
                    I don't think we do have such evidence. We have evidence that the bugs come from HUMANS and the buggo that was sucking out Sheppard's life in "Thirty Eight Minutes".. but if they were in fact part Ancient, then why can't they use Ancient tech (they could conceivably have "the gene" after all).

2nd: I dont see why the goa'uld Could not take the wraith as hosts but there would probably be some fight for control. The Wraith have powerful mind abilities and there would probably be a struggle for control of power - just my 2 cents though.
                    Now that is actually interesting. Goa'uld takes wraith, other wraith telepathically dominate Goa'uld? Does it work that way for Teyla? Would said symbiote just be able to opt out?
                    Last edited by Darth Buddha; 29 March 2005, 09:49 PM.

Comment

i think it's completely possible for a wraith to be host to a goa'uld. it worked with the unas for thousands of years, so i dont think the alien factor has much to do with it, and i dont see how the wraith could suck out the life of the symbiote when it's inside its own neck. it's regenerative powers would be like doubled, and it would be super strong. a wraith/goa'uld would make for one heck of a system lord.
                      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                        Now that is actually interesting. Goa'uld takes wraith, other wraith telepathically dominate Goa'uld? Does it work that way for Teyla? Would said symbiote just be able to opt out?

Other wraith sure but thats not what I was thinking when I originally posted. I was thinking that it would be a struggle for control between the goa'uld and the actual wraith that served as the host.

But I think eitherway is highly possible - I mean Teyla was just a human (Wraith Genetically Modified true) but the wraith was able to "open his mind" and almost killed her (I think). So in short, I think there would be a non ending struggle for control of the mind.
                        Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Other wraith sure but thats not what I was thinking when I originally posted. I was thinking that it would be a struggle for control between the goa'uld and the actual wraith that served as the host.

But I think eitherway is highly possible - I mean Teyla was just a human (Wraith Genetically Modified true) but the wraith was able to "open his mind" and almost killed her (I think). So in short, I think there would be a non ending struggle for control of the mind.
                          I think it would only result in neural rejection ending with the symbiote opting to run away and escape the Wraith body.
                          Enter my game site...

Comment

when we saw the good doctor inspecting that dead wraith we saw that even after the wraith is dead, its individual organs still function trying to survive, like when the heart tried to kill his hand and the stomach tries to digest it, the wraith are extremely resilient and dangerous with immortality not out of reach provided they feed regularly enough.

Comment

Theyre cells are too regenerative and adaptable they wouyld probably relsase an acid that would kill the goauld or would just be immune to the mind takeover
                              because they can already take over others minds when they have a link just like the gaould

Comment

Working...
                              X