X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ship with Kull worrior's armor

A ship with Kull worrior's armor

Kull worrior's armor can absorb energy blasts.
    I been thinking about Kull worrior's armor, it is almost indestructible, the only thing that could kill a Kull worrior was that special anti-supersoldier weapon (base on that Ancient fountain of youth device) or enough heat and kinetic energy.

Anubis must have a factory building Kull worrior armor on Tartarus.The Jaffa had captured that base.

Earth ship is still use projectile weapon, like missiles, rail guns.The Goa'uld or other species use energy weapon.

If an Earth ship shield it's hull with metal like Kull worrior's armor, it could be very powerfull. All energy blast will be defected or absorb. Only maybe ships using missiles, rail guns can harm such ship(another Earth ship)

Kull armor is a plot device. When the writers need someone to be practically unstoppable, they put them in Kull armor or slap on a cool alien bracelet.

There really is no reason to put Kull armor on a ship; that's what shields are for.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
      Kull armor is a plot device. When the writers need someone to be practically unstoppable, they put them in Kull armor or slap on a cool alien bracelet.

There really is no reason to put Kull armor on a ship; that's what shields are for.
      Yes, but the shields can be depleted. So having something that can withstand energy weapons forever is a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Eddy
        Yes, but the shields can be depleted. So having something that can withstand energy weapons forever is a lot better.
        Well if that was the case why didn’t the ancients use it against the war with the wraith.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

instead of a ship what about the SG teams vest instead of that stuff we see in heroes what if it was instead of a ship armour used for the sg team vest that would stop staff blast and zat blast that is a good idea

Comment

They should have the SG teams incorporate some Kull armor into their clothes, but as for a ship, as Jacob said, the laws of thermodynamics apply. Enough energy, like say from a SHIPS weapons, can beat it.

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
            DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

I don't think the kull armour would quite do the trick but having some sort of absorptive shielding would be very good indeed perhaps if the shield refracted energy into certain conduits rather than reflect it. But again Earth is limited in technology and the Asagdr and other races such as Hebridans have only given them some limited tech. That said , they have made huge advances. I think Earth's main problem is infrastructure and resources, they are still essentially using one planet for their entire operations. Alpha and beta sites are powered by Earth resources, they only have a few small-scale minign operations and the like. Getting manpower and other resources e.g. mineral would be good and I'm sure worlds such as Cimmeria would let them help out.

Comment

Kull means penis in swedish.

The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

It wouldn't work. When a Kull Warrior gets hit, it recoils from the impact. It may not get hurt/damaged, but it still gets impacted. If you amplify that to a Starship bombardment...the damage dealt by the ship getting pounded about by weapons fire would shake it to bits...or make parts of the armour fall off.
                  Captain Untouchable
                  Captain's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by GroovyGate
                    It wouldn't work. When a Kull Warrior gets hit, it recoils from the impact. It may not get hurt/damaged, but it still gets impacted. If you amplify that to a Starship bombardment...the damage dealt by the ship getting pounded about by weapons fire would shake it to bits...or make parts of the armour fall off.
                    That would happen to anything, remember the staff weapons can send anyone flying. The force of getting hit by weapons but not having it cause damage wouldn't hurt the ship itself. Also, they wouldn't just tie the Kull armor to the ship, they would put it on like they do the metal hull.

Comment

Originally posted by Bast

Your point? I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                        Well if that was the case why didn’t the ancients use it against the war with the wraith.

Stating that do you know that the ancients did indeed even haave the technology? Yes, i know they are "gods" have have best of everything, but the Ancients didnt really have foot soldiers of any kind. After saying that i would think most hulls have some refracting capibilities? would i be wrong?
                        Last edited by Excalibur; 04 April 2005, 12:37 PM.

Comment

This 'could' be what makes the Deadalus so special in Atlantis S2, though I still have my doubts about that ship it must have something that makes them think it stands a chance, this sounds like as good a thing as any.

Comment

Originally posted by Bast

It does? I've never heard the word and I've lived in Sweden for 21 years.

Comment

thatd be funny if a ship had kull armor and shields, and the kull armor absorbed the shields, leaving the ship open to kinetic energy attacks

Comment

Working...
                              X