This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Goa'uld Image

Possible Spoilers...Read at your own Risk!

With the Jaffa armies all denouncing the Goa'uld and with the fall of most of the system lords it seems like the days of the Goa'uld living as gods have come to an end. It would seem that the Goa'uld are going to have to start a new paradigm of sorts...what do you all think the Goa'uld will do now? Do you think they will start a society of their own? Small hidden colonies? Do you think they may fly solo seeing that they still are extremely smart and strong?
    sigpic

Remember that world with where all the snakes where living in the lake? I am betting on that scenario to produce offspring until they can find some remote areas to start up a new version of Jaffa to incubate thier young.

Or they could just merge with the Wraiths and kill eveyone.

Comment

If we're thinking Ba'al here, I can see him becoming extemely powerful with large armies of Kull Warriors (Super-Soldiers), ah, you gotta admit Ba'al is one amazing system lord.

Comment

I think the Goa'uld could very well become galaxy wide terrorist. These guys may not be gods but the certainly have the god like egos. They will still be dangerous maybe even more so now. They are extremely inteligent and certainly have a better grasp on advance technology than we do. They no longer have their foot soldiers in the Jaffa but they are smart enough to find a way around that disadvantage. They just won't have massive armies to throw away on a whim. They will definately have to come up with a craftier image and reason for followers to join their ranks, "Die in the name of your one true god!" line won't work anymore.
        Teal'c "I killed you"
        Daniel "Why?"
        Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
        Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

My Opinion on the Evolution of the Image of the Goa'uld.
          1. 10,000 Years Ago - 6000 Years Ago: Age of Human Slaves, "I am your God. Worship Me!", Goa'uld = Absolute, "Loving" Gods
          2. 6000 Years ago - 2000 Years ago: Age of Jaffa Slaves, "I am your God. WORSHIP ME or DIE!", Goa'uld = "Cruel" Gods
          3. 2000 Years ago - 1 Year Ago: Rebellion of Jaffa Slaves, "I am a GOD. JOIN ME!", Goa'uld = Pseudo-Gods, LEADERS
          4. New Year: No Jaffa, Kull Warriors Exhaust, "I AM GOA'ULD", Goa'uld = Warriors, like Ash'rak

I believe that the Goa'uld will be forced to become Ash'rak like warriors. Like maybe a Jedi-Like Council of Warriors. That would totally rock.

Comment

Hehehe. I can just imagine Ba'al talking like Yoda

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              Hehehe. I can just imagine Ba'al talking like Yoda
              "Gods, The Goa'uld are! Worship us and serve us, the Tau'ri will! Kree, you will, Jaffa!!"
              *eyes glow*

"A God, I am. All knowing, Gods are!"
              *eyes glow some more*
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

They’re going to become subservient to a more powerful race, maybe even the Tau'ri, bide their time, all the while planning and plotting to take over and become the dominant race in the galaxy again.

Comment

i can see them becoming mercenaries for alien races, or anyone who's willing to pay enough naquadah, or whatever they use for currency. with a kull warrior suit, an invisibiity field, a recovered tollan phase shift device (hey, its possible) and a nice ship, say, an alkesh, they would be very dangerous.
                  ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I think somehow all the Symbiote be wiped out by some kind of Ancient technology and all teh hosts come wandering out of the lining free once again!! (or dead .. how does that work? )

Then ... meanwhile in the swamps of some primordial cesspool ... The Goa'uld Live..."
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I reckon they'll hide out in people of great power or just anybody and work their way up but not known as a gould, that's what i would do.
                      Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                        Remember that world with where all the snakes where living in the lake? I am betting on that scenario to produce offspring until they can find some remote areas to start up a new version of Jaffa to incubate thier young.
                        Those snakes on their homeworld were aboriginal goa'uld. Anyway, they don't have issues with offspring, they have issues with all their armies turning against them.
                        Personally, I think the new Goa'uld image will be almost identical to the Tok'ra, minus the way they treat their hosts. They'll still be enemies with us, they just won't have as much influence as they once did.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                          i can see them becoming mercenaries for alien races, or anyone who's willing to pay enough naquadah, or whatever they use for currency. with a kull warrior suit, an invisibiity field, a recovered tollan phase shift device (hey, its possible) and a nice ship, say, an alkesh, they would be very dangerous.
                          Seems a good plan, they could become the galactica arms merchants. Bet there are a lot of races out there with a similar tech to us who would kill to have their knowledge.

arrangement. Gou'ld "make me general/minister of science/position of authority" n i'll tell all

Comment

I watched Hathor the other day, and it made it kinda clear that its possible for Jaffa of other species to exist. Most of them are Humans, and its the human Jaffa that were freed. However, the Goa'uld may be able to fall back on aliens...perhaps there's a Goa'uld around who still uses aliens as Jaffa?
                            Captain Untouchable
                            Captain's Blog

Comment

Some goa'uld did use unases until recently - maybe just because thay can't shift to humans...
                              But they could fall back on them... they are very strong but not very smart... so if they were going to be mercenaries it could be a possibility....
                              Daniel: I don't think I've said this to anyone else, but for the first time I'm scared...
                              O'Niell: I'm hungry
                              Daniel: Me too

Comment

Working...
                              X