This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth fleet?

The S9 section of gateworld inticate that the us goverment want to build us a good fleet, yay!, and i was jsut wondering, what would you want it to be like?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

I think what they're starting out with is fine, although eventually they will probably want to start developing other ships for different purposes. At the moment, however, the Battlecruisers are needed and will continue to be useful far into the future.
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

If we want a good fleksibel fleet then we should build a large amount of small ships... so we would be able to swarm... its much harder to take out small ships in large number then on large mother ship...
      see what i mean?
      They could be sub-lightspeed ship who are collected in a "hive" ship so they can be transported over large distances...
      the small ships could use the iondrives we saw in the space race the large ship would be running with asgard shields and engiens...
      Daniel: I don't think I've said this to anyone else, but for the first time I'm scared...
      O'Niell: I'm hungry
      Daniel: Me too

Comment

yeah like 1000 302's would be better than 10 daedaluses, or like 10000 PJ is better than atlantis!
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          yeah like 1000 302's would be better than 10 daedaluses, or like 10000 PJ is better than atlantis!
          1000 302's better than 10 daedaluses? I don't think so, maybe 1000 302's better than 3 daedaluses.

Comment

Euhm...guys...why do you have to build ships ?
            I mean, with all the battles in the late half of season eight, there most hundreds of wrecked Goa'uld ships out there.
            It's an all-you-steal-buffet.
            Send Prometheus out there and get cranking.
            We can use the ZPM to power the Antartic outpost for while, since "The Seige' happens after Moebius.
            So Earth will be safe.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Well if we are gonna be realistic, they need to get some offworld naquada mining operations going, build some cargo ships(stargates are not good for transporting large quantities of stuff) and try to salvage some goa'uld refineries. Perhaps do the same thing with trinium, whatever else they need, etc. They should see this temporary lack of an enemy as an excellent chance to try to expand a bit.

Comment

maybe a deal with the New jaffa nation say education/ some thing of value in exchange for x amount of trimium and xamount of naquada.
                Die Replicators Die

Campienge for the end of the Replicators

They have been done to death please no more

Comment

hmmm the 302 isn't the best guess its fitted with a hyperdrive remove that and mount a shield and a huge gun, and we'll be safe...
                  Now just a thought what if we created them as drones (or remote controlled like in the other side) then we would be able to remove lifesupport in the fighters aswell...
                  now some are saying 3 deadelus to 1000 fighters.... hmm lets take a look at the ships we know the best... those at sea - how many large battleships are left in the different navy's and marines? not meny its carrier based these days... its the same princip...

but as Janus says its a steal of buffet as longe we don't steal them from the jaffa (guess it would be unwise to mess with them) so we could start out with som ha'taks and al'keshs and then begin to explore the mining industry and start colonise... then slowly we can start building the fleet...
                  Daniel: I don't think I've said this to anyone else, but for the first time I'm scared...

Comment

uhh btw. I don't see us using the outpost anymore to defend earth... as seen in the siege atlantis has run dry of drones...
                    so why should there be anymore at the outpost.. its stood against a full attack of the fleet of anubis they fired alot of drones that day...
                    when atlantis can run dry, then why not the outpost...

Do not think We should rely on the outpost...

Comment

Uh an idea popped it to my head... to make the large ships usefull (you haven't convinsed me yet) the they should have a weapon that works like the culling transporter on a Wraith dart but they with out an end destiantion - vaporiser I'd like to name it...
                      hmm I guess its like the one the asguard is useing in Thors chariot...

Think about it: a ha'tak and you make a fly by and peel off large chunks of it...
                      Last edited by ethanol powered weapons; 27 March 2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                        Well if we are gonna be realistic, they need to get some offworld naquada mining operations going, build some cargo ships(stargates are not good for transporting large quantities of stuff) and try to salvage some goa'uld refineries. Perhaps do the same thing with trinium, whatever else they need, etc. They should see this temporary lack of an enemy as an excellent chance to try to expand a bit.
                        I believe the Unas are doing a bit of off-world mining for us; as negotiated by Daniel * Chak'ra, or whatever his name was.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          I believe the Unas are doing a bit of off-world mining for us; as negotiated by Daniel * Chak'ra, or whatever his name was.
                          His name is Chaka
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            Yes, but they could probably use quite a bit more income than just that. I don't know exactly how much time passes between Moebius and season 9, but if its more than a month there should be some Earth expansion going on by then.

Comment

The Outpost itself is probably still well armed, otherwise they would've mostly abandoned it. It was most likely very rarely used up until that moment that O'Neill himself used it, thus there's a good sum of ammo left in it.

As for a fleet, as was proven in Grace or whatever that odd episode was, the current Prometheus itself is nothing compared to /some/ ships out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X