No announcement yet.

Stargate:Infinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, you're alive to tell about it. Most people fade away.

Comment

I am watching it right now. It's not quite as awful as I thought it'd be. I got it for Christmas....so I thought that I'd watch it.

It's a bit more moralistic than I thought it would be.

Still not something that I'd watch again.
      Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Just watched it last weekend.
        A whole different time setting (the future?) and characters.
        It was OK-- good to see once, but will probably not rewatch it.

Stuff I enjoyed (some spoilers):
        *The clothes, hair, and gadgets were futuristic, such as the winged jet pack, so no dating with fads. Kind of cyberpunk and I liked the almost Wraith-like tattoos.
        *Gus Bonner's humor made me chuckle sometimes.
        *At first, I was afraid the Tlak'kahn were going to be annoying 2D villains, but liked that we got to meet some who were not warmongering and was then able to laugh more at the ones who were just jerks.
        *I liked the morality better than I disliked SGU's deliberate immorality. I contrast Eli being snapped at for being against lying with SGI's "The Mother of Invention." Withholding info from the team can be detrimental.
        *The lessons are still relevant and a good reminder for adults to not get caught up in stuff like material goods either. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” --Will Rogers

Stuff I could have done without (some spoilers):
        *In the first few episodes, there were the scenes being repeated after spaces which were for commercial breaks, but that got better.
        *There was a blooper with the gate being opened before the dialing had been completed and other gate mistakes. Doh!
        *Harrison still had a lot to learn about appearances and species. Maybe his character could have evolved in a 2nd season. Interestingly, Lance in the Voltron Legendary Defender episode "The Depths" had some things in common with Harrison in "The Best World."
        *Some of the aliens had stilted speech, mainly the winged ones, while others did not, and there didn't seem to be a good reason for it if they were all aliens.
        *No knowledge of who Ancients were and confusing Draga with an Ancient.
        *Where the heck did the Tlak'kahn come from?! Their presence was taken for granted and not explained. They were just there.
        Last edited by WraithTech; 30 January 2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Question: is this out on DVD?

Scratch that ... a quick search sends me to Amazon.de where I see a UK import. So, the answer is yes.
          I think I'll complete my Stargate collection with it (after all).
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Libraries are also options, if even to try before you buy. My local system has 2 copies of the DVDs, one marked 2002 and one 2008. Many libraries will also do regional inter-library loans if the local branch doesn't have something. They also offer downloadable episodes, free on services such as Hoopla if your library is affiliated with Hoopla and your library card is active.

Comment

I watched this when it aired. I was probably a bit older than the target audience as I'd have been early teens but I had to watch it as was Stargate. It was pretty bad and doesn't fit in with current continuity at all but it had some interesting moments and some cool bits of animation. I brought it on DVD when they released it too (must have taken ages, wasn't until Season 9 of SG1) and watched it once then. Haven't seen it since. But I might have to revisit this now! xD
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                Libraries are also options, if even to try before you buy. My local system has 2 copies of the DVDs, one marked 2002 and one 2008. Many libraries will also do regional inter-library loans if the local branch doesn't have something. They also offer downloadable episodes, free on services such as Hoopla if your library is affiliated with Hoopla and your library card is active.
                Not gonna find this in my local library... I don't even know exactly where that is. I have a good idea but not entirely sure.

I know where the university library is. But they won't have this either as they don't have DVD's in their collection, just a lot of old books.

I generally sample through less than savory means.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have just re-readed my post from 10 years ago (!!!). I would still suggest to watch the Stargate : Infinity, just to see the whole universe of the Stargate franchise. I really liked the new alien races in this show.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    I have just re-readed my post from 10 years ago (!!!). I would still suggest to watch the Stargate : Infinity, just to see the whole universe of the Stargate franchise. I really liked the new alien races in this show.
                    I liked them too, Platschu. They were treated fairly equitably, at least not deliberately harmed or mocked, and it was fun seeing them interact with one another as well as with the humans. Ec'co's dual heritage was cool, too, being half Hrathi, raised on Earth and then getting to see his mother's homeworld. The live action shows didn't have as much of that interaction among cultures, and so this one seemed friendlier in some ways.
                    Last edited by WraithTech; 02 February 2018, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X