This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Revolution (spoilers)

Revolution. Possibly a more appropriate name for season 9's opener "Avalon" which deals with a reformed SG1. As gateworld already has announced season 9 begins with the SGC and its teams on a semi-hiatus, the first few episodes dealing with rebuilding the SGC and SG1 both under new leadership.
    The following DOES contain various spoilers, just to let you know.

So just how does this happen:
    Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell, who we know was in the battle with Anubis over Antarctica, has been called into the SGC. There he meets the new comander of the base played by Beau Bridges character. Now Lt. Col. Mitchell was wounded in the battle over antarctica but promised a spot on SG1 when he recovered, this is what Mitchell THINKS he is at the SGC about. WRONG!!!

Bridges character basically hands Mitchell a stack of papers and says "Now go pick YOUR team." Mitchell is shocked and confused, and Bridges character explains that he Lt. Col. Mitchell is the new leader of SG1. (see why it should be called revolution) Now of course he thought he was joining the "original" SG1 and so enquires as to their where-abouts, in the hopes of rebuilding the team he (and we) all know. As to there whereabouts:

Carter is currently off on another "mission" (and I can only speculate as to what it is, however I have heard and read rumours that it is offworld so she is not with Jack.)

Jack we discover (or depending on how much you know) has been promoted to Head of homeworld security. (still no confirmed information as to where Hammond is.) It is somewhere around this point in 901 that we will see Jack (presumably in an over the phone scene, don't worry we WILL SEE him)

Daniel is off doing something else, growing a beard, so its most likely some arky related thing. (speculation is he's working in a museum, on a dig, or still going through Catherines estate)

Teal'c is off doing something else. (It has been hinted that its to do with the new Jaffa nation, and leadership of the Jaffa)

There is also the issue of Vala who is reported to make her debut in 901 though how this happens is still uncertain, potentially she is to become a quasi-sg1 team member. Though unconfirmed this is the most reasonable situation given she will be around for 6 episodes. Also somewhere in the three part opener Daniel has his "Vision" of the Orii. (When or Why, is still unclear)

While more specifics are highly controversial and limited information at best is only available at this time. It is reported as confirmed that Jack and Daniel will actually be in a scene together for part of 903, beyond that no more is known about RDA returning. So just to recap about RDA, a scene in 901 & 903.

I am still waiting for conclusive reasons as to why the Name Avalon was chosen, but from what we know right now I would say Revolution is just as good, and potentially more ominious.
    Last edited by sppeters; 23 March 2005, 02:54 PM. Reason: forgot to mention contains spoilers

Is this actual information or your own speculation? Do you have a source? Enquiring minds and all that...

Madeleine

Comment

yea i would save Avalon for the homeworld of the Ancients.

Comment

Oh sorry, yes this is sourced from stargate source and the recent convention "Orlando Vulkon." These are official reports, not just best guesses, well with the exception of when I say best guess. But you don't have to believe me... you could just wait until more people report this, or better yet wait until the season actually starts. But if you can't wait that long and you wanna know as the information becomes available...

Comment

Avalon is the island where King Arthur was buried and since season 9 is going to deal with Arthurian legends...

Comment

Avalon is also said to be where excalibur was forged, and the resting place of the holy grail (acording to one version of the legend). In any case my point is that the episode seems like it will be more about the changes "revolution" facing the SGC and SG1 then a mission (be it to avalon), or even a reference of avalon, at least from the varified sources as of late.

Comment

i feel like this is going to be a very different season i hope they still keep the original cast i feel like things are falling apart

Comment

i've missed the team aspect over the past few seasons - i think its a positive step forward - with a new commander etc, why not have a new enemy, and a rebuilding process - hopefully, BB will quickly interact with the rest of the old cast, quickly creating a good team vibe. Effectvely the show is being reborn, and this will give it the shot in the arm it needs to survive a few more seasons (hopefully), whilst still keeping the same high quality of story, actng, humour and effects/
                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Season 9 will be very different in comparation with the other ones!My opinion!
                  ,,Come and see the power of your God"-Klorel

Comment

What about the scene in the trailer where Mitchell tells RDA he wants to be part of the best and RDA gets that funny look on his face?

Comment

not much we didnt alreayd know
                      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by sppeters
                        Avalon is also said to be where excalibur was forged, and the resting place of the holy grail (acording to one version of the legend). In any case my point is that the episode seems like it will be more about the changes "revolution" facing the SGC and SG1 then a mission (be it to avalon), or even a reference of avalon, at least from the varified sources as of late.
                        The Holy Grail cant be there. Indiana Jones found it a few years back in some structure built in to rock.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Yeah, problem is that structure really exists, and it wasn't really in there.
                          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis345
                            i feel like this is going to be a very different season i hope they still keep the original cast i feel like things are falling apart
                            That's out the window now, 3 new characters.. and things aren't really falling apart they are being revised

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                              Yeah, problem is that structure really exists, and it wasn't really in there.
                              LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X