X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animal Planet's DRAGONS:...

A Fantasy Made Real

The Animal Planet has expanded its brand of facinating and family-friendly programming with the network's first venture into the exploration of mythical animals-dragons. These fantastical beats have appeared in the myths and legends of almost every world culture, including the Inuit, Aztecs and Chinese, to name a few. These civilizations never connected, yet all of them conceived of the same mythical animal.

Working with production crews from around the world, and collaborating with top scientists, artists and animators, the creators of this Animal Planet special bring these mythical animals to life in "Dragons: A Fantasy Make Real", followed by a half-hour special, "Dragons: The Magic Behid the Scenes".

Click here for the site and amazing scientific facts and trailers from "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real".

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

that was sweet, but i was a bit disappointed there werent any hydras
    anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

a hydra is NOT a Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it is a serpent!!!!!

Comment

oh ok, you didnt need to yell , i guess i need to rewatch "jason and the argonats"
          anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

the show had a serpant the chinease dragon.

Comment

Dragons was a really cool show. Something I couldn't really believe until i saw it.

Comment

that's because Chinese dragon's aren't serpents, they merely look like European serpent, they are still dragons.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                  that's because Chinese dragon's aren't serpents, they merely look like European serpent, they are still dragons.
                  ah! hey marbe we should ask the shep/weir folks they have a baby dragon.

Comment

do they, how the hell do they have a baby dragon!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shovar
                      do they, how the hell do they have a baby dragon!!!!!!!
                      well it's a baby giant space dragon his name is jor. just look (it's in someones sig but i forget who.) oh here in the southeast it comes on again tonight at 8.

Comment

ih, that's okay, it's just imaginary! phew!

Comment

I love Dragons!
                          Um, doesn't the term 'chinese dragon' mean DRAGON?
                          By the way, the thing about the Hydra being a dragon is arguable. I've read things that say they are, and things that say they aren't, so I guess it's a matter of opinion.
                          At least you know what a Hydra is!

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Yeah, that was a really cool show. By the end of it, I almost believe that there really were Dragons... Who knows? Perhaps something about their physiology kept them from fossilizing...?
                            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                              Yeah, that was a really cool show. By the end of it, I almost believe that there really were Dragons... Who knows? Perhaps something about their physiology kept them from fossilizing...?
                              My mom thought at first that the whole thing about the people discovering the dragon was true! She figured out by the end of the show that they were just making it up to go with the story.

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Working...
                              X