This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Distortion

Hello all. I was curious if anybody has attempted to use a sound program to alter theirs or anyone else's voice to the distorted qualities of the Goa'uld. If anybody has, and experienced success, I was wondering if you could share how you did it. I use Goldwave and Sony Sound Forge, for the record.

I have two questions about the special voice of all Goa'uld and Tok'ra characters.

q1:
    was is made while shooting the episodes or after it (with filter)?

q2:
    is it possible to convert my voice as if i was carrying the Goa'uld symbiont myself? For example, using filters in Cool Edit (adobe audigy) or some other wave file editor?

p.s.: sorry for my poor English

Comment

theres many a filter and there was a thread about it not to long ago

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
        theres many a filter and there was a thread about it not to long ago
        if it is not so hard, could you please post link to that topic here?

Comment

the same thing. I am too wondering how to do that?
          Does anybody have distortion filters fo Sound Forge or Cool Edit (adobe audition)?

Comment

Merged.

It is a post-production effect called "flange". Not sure what audio editing software packages have it.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld
              Merged.

It is a post-production effect called "flange". Not sure what audio editing software packages have it.

Darren
              Cool Edit supports flanging. But there are so many parameter sliders. Can someone tell the configuration of the flange effect?

Comment

One of my friends (Gatehead too) brought a interesting little electronic megaphone to band camp back in high school- One of the functions on it was flange. Unweildly yes, but it did the job remarkably well. He went around behind underclassmen and said various Goa'uld-ish things through the thing to intimidate them: "I am your God," "Obey your drumline God," and "If you mess up again, you will die-in the cold of space..."
                Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

Working...
                X