This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Hierarchy/Queen

What do you all think is the extent of the hierarchy within the wraith society? We have seen the drones and the leaders(what are they called), but so far we haven't seen a queen. How many others types of wraith do you all think exist, and do you all think their are large numbers of queens or just a few? Does anybody have a thought at what a Queen will look like? Maybe it will be similar to a termite and just be a huge body laying egss...we'll see...I doubt that. I'll be interested in learning more as the series continues.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Spimman
    What do you all think is the extent of the hierarchy within the wraith society? We have seen the drones and the leaders(what are they called), but so far we haven't seen a queen. How many others types of wraith do you all think exist, and do you all think their are large numbers of queens or just a few? Does anybody have a thought at what a Queen will look like? Maybe it will be similar to a termite and just be a huge body laying egss...we'll see...I doubt that. I'll be interested in learning more as the series continues.
    The Wraith evolved from insects mixed with human DNA, as we learned in "The Gift." The Wraith female that we saw in "Rising" had breasts. I'm willing to bet they're not an egg-larvae-pupa-adult species, but rather more like mammals that have hive insect-like behaviour (parasitic feeding, periods of dormancy, linked thinking/communication) sort of overlaid on humanoid anatomy.

The Wraith are _way_ disgusting. I'd rather be Go'a'uld'ed any day of the week, twice on Sunday, than be Wraith food.
    ~*~*~*~*~*
    not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Hmmmmm... I just cant wait for season two. Hopefully we'll find out some more then.
      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
      LANDRY
      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
      Mmm... Green...

Comment

Maybe they are "grown" instead of having a traditional birth like the Orcs in LOTR?

Comment

We also haven't seen any young Wraith which would support the fact that their either grown or have some weird form of reproduction. But its only season one, they'll probally be more info in season 2.
          Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

I agree we don't know anything other than before Atlantis even aired they were referred to as a "hive-like" race...that has certian implications. I imagine we'll learn more and more every season, and might know more about this topic in a few years.
            sigpic

Comment

From the First episode it looks like the female wraith are in charge, but don't fight, so that could explain why we havn't seen them. Perhaps theres only 1 female per hive ship, like one queen bee per bee hive?

Comment

i wonder what happend to those entries they used to do on the stargate atlantis website....they were kinda cool
                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
                  We also haven't seen any young Wraith which would support the fact that their either grown or have some weird form of reproduction. But its only season one, they'll probally be more info in season 2.

The reason for no young could be because they havent needed a population increase. They where laying dormant as to not over feed on the the peg galaxy. With not actual enemy no losses and no need for more young.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur
                    The reason for no young could be because they havent needed a population increase. They where laying dormant as to not over feed on the the peg galaxy. With not actual enemy no losses and no need for more young.
                    plus a wraith can live for about ten thousand years
                    come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                      The Wraith evolved ....................................... The Wraith female that we saw in "Rising" had breasts. I'm willing to bet they're not an egg-larvae-pupa-adult species, but rather more like mammals that have hive insect-like behaviour (parasitic feeding, periods of dormancy, linked thinking/communication) sort of overlaid on humanoid anatomy.

The Wraith are _way_ disgusting. I'd rather be Go'a'uld'ed any day of the week, twice on Sunday, than be Wraith food.
                      Dude you need some spoiler tags as not everyone has seen this episodes.

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] (minus the spaces between the brackets)
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

plus a wraith can live for about ten thousand years
                        Actually Wraith can survive indefinetly as long as they have food.

I don't see a life form like this ever dieing of natural ageing the way we do.
                        Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                          Dude you need some spoiler tags as not everyone has seen this episodes.

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] (minus the spaces between the brackets)
                          Please accept my apologies. I didn't know the particular protocol for this.

In fandoms I have participated in before, full disclosure rather than spoiler warnings were the norm after the US Pacific time airing of an episode, and those who browsed before viewing an ep did so at their own risk of being spoiled.

I'll use spoiler tags from now on. Again, I'm sorry.
                          ~*~*~*~*~*
                          not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                            Please accept my apologies. I didn't know the particular protocol for this.

In fandoms I have participated in before, full disclosure rather than spoiler warnings were the norm after the US Pacific time airing of an episode, and those who browsed before viewing an ep did so at their own risk of being spoiled.

I'll use spoiler tags from now on. Again, I'm sorry.

I thought that was the case, once the episode has been aired in the US then spoiler tags weren't needed? Are we supposed to wait longer incase somebody taped it and hasn't watched it yet?
                            sigpic

Comment

this is something id like to see get developed..although they dont really need to do more breeding it would be interesting to see how the wraith do breed....i like the idea of eggs or clones.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X