• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay/Jonas Thread

Yes?

No?

any takers?

Relationship...in any way...slash, Platonic Friendship, hockey buddies...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Well, if Jonas had spun off to Atlantis with McKay, I think there could have been great potential for SOME kind of buddy relationship. Although it'd probably be mostly on Jonas's part with McKay being all obnoxious and making Jonas try even harder to be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Well, if Jonas had spun off to Atlantis with McKay, I think there could have been great potential for SOME kind of buddy relationship. Although it'd probably be mostly on Jonas's part with McKay being all obnoxious and making Jonas try even harder to be nice...
      Jonas: I made you some chicken!
      McKay: Oh well thank you! *takes a bite*
      Jonas: I hope you like it, its lemon
      McKay: *gags*

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
        Jonas: I made you some chicken!
        McKay: Oh well thank you! *takes a bite*
        Jonas: I hope you like it, its lemon
        McKay: *gags*
        You left out the part where Jonas mentions he got the food/recipe from Luke. "He said you're dying to have some."

Comment

that scene was absolutely priceless where McKay asks if it had lemon in the chicken..

Comment

Leave it to McKay to ask the stupid questions.

Still, I think that as much as McKay would rebuff Jonas's attempts to be friends and would mock him whenever he could, he'd still value Jonas's presence. In that gruff, condescending, "I don't care, but secretly I do" kinda way.

Comment

I really don't care much for Mckay, but i care for Jonas, so blah, i don't know...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Leave it to McKay to ask the stupid questions.

Still, I think that as much as McKay would rebuff Jonas's attempts to be friends and would mock him whenever he could, he'd still value Jonas's presence. In that gruff, condescending, "I don't care, but secretly I do" kinda way.
                McKay: you little alien! rid me of your presence!

What he really means is "You know, if i wasnt the smartest person on this planet, then maybe i'd admit that i like you!"

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                  I really don't care much for Mckay, but i care for Jonas, so blah, i don't know...
                  I think McKay would eventually warm up to him =)

Jonas is such a nice guy! he's always smiling!

Comment

I think a lot of McKay's condescending attitude and general rudeness is just a ruse to cover up his own insecurities. Deep down he's a genuinely nice guy, but he's so used to being obnoxious that it's hard for him to stop. Carter's injuries in Redemption shook him out of it... briefly... and we got a glimpse of something closer to the "real" McKay before his camoflage reasserted itself.

He'd be snarky to Jonas, but if anything ever happened to him, McKay would try extra hard to help and would show genuine concern. At least until he was sure the "little alien guy" was OK, then it'd be back to the old McKay.

Comment

I think a lot of McKay's condescending attitude and general rudeness is just a ruse to cover up his own insecurities. Deep down he's a genuinely nice guy, but he's so used to being obnoxious that it's hard for him to stop.
                      I thought that samething! But yah, even though, he is annoying me, maybe when i watch Atlantis he won't annoy me so much.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                        I thought that samething! But yah, even though, he is annoying me, maybe when i watch Atlantis he won't annoy me so much.
                        IF TPTB bother to develop him the way that he should be developed, McKay could be a great multi-faceted character.

Of course, we all know TPTB's track record of late...

Comment

I agree with you actually. I joke about McKay being a jerk, but he's a good guy inside. You know he wants to make a difference but he's so afraid of screwing up it comes off the wrong way. I think its a way for him to shrug off his own mistakes in front of others while inside he's really hurting.

Also i think he comes off as rude when someone suggests an idea *IE when he called sam a whack job or whatever it was* not because he's jealous of them coming up with it first, but because he felt he failed himself for not being able to come up with the idea in the first place *like you said, we saw that when he called sam an artist*

Comment

... He'll become an annoying biatch ... i don't want that, i want to enjoy characters! Even the evil ones!

Comment

I just hope he's allowed to get out from under Carter's shadow and actually do some good once in a while. Let him be right! Let him be competent! Let him not be the condescending screwup that everyone wants to shove through the first incoming wormhole! Let McKay be McKay and not the jerk brought in to make Sam look good!

Of course, with Sam being the way she's been this past season, it wouldn't be difficult for McKay to be better.

I just hope they don't wind up with McKay pining after one of his teammates and acting like a moopy little girly girl about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X