Stargate: The Musical/Musical episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: The Musical/Musical episode

Hello, sorry if this is already a thread-- I did check!!! Is it just me, being a musical fanatic, or do other people want to see a musical episode of Stargate SG1? I mean, really, they've been at it for almost 9 years now, isn't it about time to include some songs and dances? Just one episode, i can see it: SG1 arrives on strange planet and there is some kind of chemical in the air that makes them start to sing and dance! or, they arrive on strange planet and the people inhabiting that planet have a special way of communicating, by song, not by talking. It's quite possible when you think about the thousands of human civilisations out there, and really music and dance are such an important part of our own culture... anyone agree? Plus, most of the actors on the show have stage experience and most likely will have at least once been in a musical and might even have had vocal lessons, being classically trained and all. Get Sondheim in on it! ok, sorry again if it's already posted.
    luv yas
    THe overly excited American in Scotland

OMG that would be AMAZING!! I'd never even thought of that!! That would be immense... In my happy little dreamworld, if I'm listening to music, I often imagine SG-1 singing it at like a SGC Christmas Party or something, kinda like kareoke. Maybe thats just me being sad though...
    But yeah that would be very very cool, and really enjoyable!! Maybe along with my little idea, if O'Neill has a leaving party for leaving the SGC, perfect excuse! Or something like that. The culture communicating in song idea is very good though, I'd love to see it!!
    And you're right, it would be so out of place. Ive always been aware of music in Stargate - the opening theme and music throughout is very good. Especially evident in the earlier series.
    Great idea!!

Claire
    Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

I'm agree with you, it could great funny to see a musical episode.
      There is a thead about if Stargate will make 200 episodes, well, if it make it, a musical episode can be a way to celebrate it!
      LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATED

Can you tell me how it used to be?
      Have we changed our hopes for fears and our dreams for plans?

Comment

I know you were joking, but please, dear gawd, no!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          I know you were joking, but please, dear gawd, no!!
          I agree completely

NO WAY
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

if a musical episode was done i would personally hunt down and kill the writer, director and the guy who gave permission for the episode to be done.

i hate musicials, so much that i totally ignored the buffy musical episode

sigpic

Comment

Musical episodes are great for some types of shows, but I don't think it would work with Stargate. It isn't a comedy, and it takes itself much more seriously than Buffy ever did...
              Embrace your dorkiness.

Comment

There was Urgo...

"Row, row, row your boat..."

"If you call that singing..."

Comment

Oh god no...

I don't know why they made the Buffy musical (even though it was actually very good).

I hate musicals and a Stargate musical would probably just ruin the show!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

That would be a hilarious fanfic, but if they actually did it as a show, then I would lose all faith in... everything. But after what we heard in Urgo, do we really want there to be a musical episode? Plus, it's way overdone and cliche.
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                      That would be a hilarious fanfic, but if they actually did it as a show, then I would lose all faith in... everything. But after what we heard in Urgo, do we really want there to be a musical episode? Plus, it's way overdone and cliche.
                      It would be funny and I would watch it...

I'd just never think of Stargate the same after it...

If done badly, that view could be bad...

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        I'd just never think of Stargate the same after it...
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

oh god please no. i really hope this is a joke because that would be the worst thing ever to happen to the show, worse than ascension, worse than anything else i can think of.

Comment

Honestly?

I think that this is quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to SG-1. That's the kind of garbagge writing that belongs on Angel, Buffy, or Smallville.

Comment

And they better not have someone get turned into a puppet...

It worked on Angel, but never... NEVER on Stargate.

Comment

Working...
                              X