• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Candidate (614)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    THE CANDIDATE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 614

When Whidmore captures Sawyer and the others, Jack joins Locke in a plan to rescue them and escape the island. In L.A., Dr. Sheppard presses Locke to allow him to perform surgery that could allow him to walk again.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 17 May 2010, 01:40 PM.

I think this aired tonight and let me remind folks, keep the spoilers in this thread or keep them behind tags please.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow @ this episode. It's shaping up a bit now. So we have Jin, Sun, Sayid, and Lepeidus dead. Alive still are Sawyer, Jack, Kate, and Hurley. Don't forget we have Richard and Ben on the side also.

Kinda upset at the way Sayid went out... I guess he sort of redeemed himself, but it was a little too quick.

Jin and Sun dying was SO sad... and I'm not a sap. It was fitting that they died together though.

I think we know MIB is evil now? Or are people still going to defend him...

Still no idea how getting people together in the FS has anything to do with the original timeline.

Hopefully we get some more epicness next episode.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I was so shocked by the deaths of Jin and Sun that I never really had a chance to let Lapidus' or Sayid's death sink in. And the entire episode is like that really. So much happened and there were so many great scenes (Like Jack telling Locke "I wish you'd believed me") that were overshadowed by their death.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I knew this episode was going to be a shocker beforehand, but the spoilers didn't do it justice. Sayid doing what he did proved he wasn't completely soulless. Jin and Sun's reunion was very short lived. But it was fitting that they died together. As for Lapidus, i hope he isn't dead. They didn't show whether or not he got out or even if he was knocked out when the door hit him. If he is dead, the worst part about it is the remaining losties didn't even ask about him. As for the flash sideways, i'm still convinced its the result of whatever event takes place in the series finally.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
            I knew this episode was going to be a shocker beforehand, but the spoilers didn't do it justice. Sayid doing what he did proved he wasn't completely soulless. Jin and Sun's reunion was very short lived. But it was fitting that they died together. As for Lapidus, i hope he isn't dead. They didn't show whether or not he got out or even if he was knocked out when the door hit him. If he is dead, the worst part about it is the remaining losties didn't even ask about him. As for the flash sideways, i'm still convinced its the result of whatever event takes place in the series finally.
            I'm pretty sure that door either killed Lapidus on impact or at the very least knocked him out and he drown.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Three, and potentially four, deaths in one fell swoop.

Gutted. Saw a few deaths coming, but in one grouping like that - and two candidates too! - was just ouch. Sayid, at least, went out somewhat sanish. Jin and Sun went out together...

And now Locke's on the warpath. Ouchies.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Technically speaking nobody actually died in this episode, as the "alternative" universe exists with those same people. I suspect when Desmond is done doing his work in this alt universe, we will see the universes or characters merge back to one.

Or they are all just really really dead for good.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                  Technically speaking nobody actually died in this episode, as the "alternative" universe exists with those same people.
                  Well it's really a relative thing.. If there are actually the theorized amount of alternate universes (infinite), then there will also be an infinite amount of the characters dying in this episode, while also an infinite amount of the same characters living, technically speaking... Alternate universes and timelines get really messy, don't they?

I wonder... If Sawyer had left the bomb alone, would it still have blown up? Or, if Sayid hadn't run off with it? My money says it wouldn't have, just like the dynamite back at the Black rock.

Anyway, I wonder who they're going to kill off next? I think it'll be Claire, and either Sawyer or Kate, or both. My prediction is that Desmond, Jack, Hugo, and MIB make it till the end, and then at the very end, you'll have MIB say to Jack (who is Jacob at that point, or rather, fulfilling Jacob's duties) "Do you know how much I want to kill you right now?" (like what MIB said to Jacob back in "The Incident") while they sit out on a beach overlooking the water. The camera zooms out and fades to black. **LOST**

Talk about an ending.

BTW, I'm ultra spoiler-free, so I have no idea what's actually going to happen.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

All the crap that they have been through and this is the first time I've seen them break.

I'm still sniffling.

poopyheads
                    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                      .........My prediction is that Desmond, Jack, Hugo, and MIB make it till the end, and then at the very end, you'll have MIB say to Jack (who is Jacob at that point, or rather, fulfilling Jacob's duties) "Do you know how much I want to kill you right now?" (like what MIB said to Jacob back in "The Incident") while they sit out on a beach overlooking the water. The camera zooms out and fades to black. **LOST**

Talk about an ending.
                      I am hoping that this will NOT be the ending, yet cynical to believe that this is the direction it will take. I am of mind that for this show the ending must be spectacularly monumental. I say this because it has been one hell of a long journey hasn't it? We have waited quite patiently now for 6 years. Truth be told a lot of the mysteries that have been answered turned out to be pretty mundane, only exciting when we where in the dark. The ending you describe is not really an ending, but merely an interruption in a continuing story. Part of me fears Star Wars syndrome where they will seek to milk out as much money as they can (hello Lost The New series 2015). A definitive ending with definitive answers given that ends this tale once and for all, that is my hope.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                        I am hoping that this will NOT be the ending, yet cynical to believe that this is the direction it will take. I am of mind that for this show the ending must be spectacularly monumental. I say this because it has been one hell of a long journey hasn't it? We have waited quite patiently now for 6 years. Truth be told a lot of the mysteries that have been answered turned out to be pretty mundane, only exciting when we where in the dark. The ending you describe is not really an ending, but merely an interruption in a continuing story. Part of me fears Star Wars syndrome where they will seek to milk out as much money as they can (hello Lost The New series 2015). A definitive ending with definitive answers given that ends this tale once and for all, that is my hope.
                        I like that for an ending, it's sort of what I'm thinking might happen. And it is an end. Jacob alluded to the fact that the MIB can't be killed, only stopped from escaping. So if Jack stays and stops him, then the MIB will have lost and good will prevail and it's a perfectly good ending.

As for last night's episode... I thought it was fantastic, and heartbreaking. So sad that they died but only fitting that they died together after trying so hard to find each other again. Sayid no only proved that he wasn't evil by sacrificing himself, but also twice over by revealing that he hadn't killed Desmond. And Lepidus was just a casualty, not a candidate, not a long time friend. He'll be missed, but to the losties, they'd only known him a few days and the death of those much closer were more strongly felt.

What I'm curious about is why Kate is scratched off the list in the cave. IIRC, she wasn't scratched off in the lighthouse. Somebody mentioned awhile back that perhaps this was Jacob's attempt to keep Kate hidden from the MIB? I don't know, but they brought it up again, so it has to come into play somehow.
                        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

*bleep* you LOST....

damn..... i was ok till Hurley started blubbing....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

What a great episode. I was left speechless with all the people that died. I just wasn't expecting that many to go at once.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

wouldn't it be funny if Hurley was the new jacob?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X