Teyla Emmagan Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla Emmagan Appreciation

I haven't seen an appreciation thread for Teyla so here it is! Post pictures or just talk about the character who is IMHO the hottest woman in atlantis or the wonderful actress that plays her so well!

EDIT: As far as we know, the fan mail address for Rachel is

Rachel Luttrell
    C/O Bridge Studios
    2400 Boundary Road
    Burnaby, BC
    V5M 3Z3
    Canada

Tell the girl what a great job she's done!
    Last edited by gatelover12; 22 February 2006, 12:25 AM.

Poor Teyla, not that many people like her. I think she's cute. She gets this naive, innocent look sometimes, especially when she's asking about Earth. She's nice the problem is she's kinda boring. She doesn't do much and doesn't have the same presence as Teal'c had in SG-1 even when all he did was stand their and raise his eyebrow.
    They should give her a more developped, and more unique personality so she distinguishes herself from the others. I'd like to see her as the one they consider a sort of sister. To be protected and cuddled sometimes and the one to run to for reasurance and wisdom the rest of the time. I think it could work.
    In any case, she's really kicka$$
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
      Poor Teyla, not that many people like her. I think she's cute. She gets this naive, innocent look sometimes, especially when she's asking about Earth. She's nice the problem is she's kinda boring. She doesn't do much and doesn't have the same presence as Teal'c had in SG-1 even when all he did was stand their and raise his eyebrow.
      They should give her a more developped, and more unique personality so she distinguishes herself from the others. I'd like to see her as the one they consider a sort of sister. To be protected and cuddled sometimes and the one to run to for reasurance and wisdom the rest of the time. I think it could work.
      In any case, she's really kicka$$
      I think her turn to shine is coming in "The Gift", as Wier's did in "Before I Sleep".

a time to mourn

Comment

I don't really understand why people don't like Teyla, but that's because I like her. Hopefully has her character develops more others will learn to like her too.

And that's my two cents...
        My LiveJournal
        ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

I've always like Teyla, and I think Rachel Luttrel does a great job. I think any of the flaws/boring-ness is due more to circumstance and TPTB.

I like the way she speaks and her facial expressions. I think she has a personality as much as any other character (even McKay), she just doesn't have a LOUD or obtrusive personality, so it isn't as noticeable. It's subtle, but still there in full force.

I'm looking forward to how TPTB will develop her -- I think it will turn out well. She just needs a bit more exposure to win us all over.

Comment

I like what I've seen of Teyla so far, but she does need some further development. I'm also disappointed that the PTB didn't let her take down Steve all by herself when they were capturing him at the end of "Suspicion." She's obviously a great fighter - why would she need Sheppard's help?

Favourite Teyla moment so far was in "Home" - her reaction to clothes shopping on Earth was just priceless!
            "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

I also like Teyla and think that she will get her character developed in the second season of Atlantis, maybe before, cuz I have only seen up to "Home"

Comment

I think Rachel is absolutely beautiful and unique looking, but TPTB have done so little with her. It is almost as if they are using her only for the male audience. . .skimpy clothes, fighting skills, etc.

I don't want Teyla to be known as the "hot chick who kicks ass" on SGA. I want the writers to really give her a personality in addition to her other attributes. With each episode I just get more and more disappointed with the character. Hoping "The Gift" will bring out more in her.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Favourite Teyla moment so far was in "Home" - her reaction to clothes shopping on Earth was just priceless
                  I totally agree. That situation was hilarious!

Comment

Well I havn't read any spiolers for "the gift" but I hope they develep her becase she could be a very strong female influence we need one on the missions! Wier is fine but we only see her at the base we need strong female leads ALL the time IMO. P.s. Teyla kicks ***!

Comment

I really like both Rachel and Teyla. I think her fighting skills are SO cool, LUCKY BUM gets to train with Ray Park! I love characters like Trinity and Teyla, who can kiss major a$$ is they want. We need more strong females like that! I think Rachel is very multi-talented, and I hope she gets tons and tons of success!

(Teyla needs to get with Ford and Sheppard! and Carson!)
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                        I really like both Rachel and Teyla. I think her fighting skills are SO cool, LUCKY BUM gets to train with Ray Park! I love characters like Trinity and Teyla, who can kiss major a$$ is they want. We need more strong females like that! I think Rachel is very multi-talented, and I hope she gets tons and tons of success!
                        I agree with this whole hartedly but

Originally posted by MajorSam
                        (Teyla needs to get with Ford and Sheppard! and Carson!)
                        As for this not all of them. We don't want her to get a "slutty" image do we? I am a Teyla/Shepperd shipper myself!

Comment

Comment

Wow a pic that shows how stunning she is and how fast she could kick you're *** at the same time!

Comment

Yeah - nice view there!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X