Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Before There Is Mutiny On Board The Destiny?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long Before There Is Mutiny On Board The Destiny?

They said Universe will be alot darker, so there will no doubt be some kind of mutiny onboard The Destiny at some point. My guess will either be episode 8 'Life' or maybe episode 9 'Justice'. When do you think this will happen, if it does?
    Last edited by mattyg1987; 24 March 2009, 02:45 AM.

Originally posted by mattyg1987 View Post
    They said Universe will be alot darker, so there will no doubt be some kind of mutiny onboard The Destiny at some point. My guess will either be episode 8 'Life' or episofde 9 'Justice'. When do you think this will happen, if it does?
    Episode 15 - "Mutiny".

Comment

I suspect it will be the season finale. For the whole season you have conflict between Rush and Young conflict with leadership until one of them errupts in munity in the season finale.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I suspect it will be the season finale. For the whole season you have conflict between Rush and Young conflict with leadership until one of them errupts in munity in the season finale.
        That could very well happen. Maybe one of them will get shot in the last scene, not knowing wether they are going to live or die, kinda like Adama did in BSG. Rush would be the most likely option, because Carlyle is quite a big name, and he will most likely be harder to keep hold of.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Nice idea, that could make a nice cliff hanger if the mutiny threatens to destroy the ship in some way

Comment

That could very well happen. Maybe one of them will get shot in the last scene, not knowing wether they are going to live or die, kinda like Adama did in BSG. Rush would be the most likely option, because Carlyle is quite a big name, and he will most likely be harder to keep hold of.
            TV doesn't work that way. Carlyle has signed a contract that says he will act for x amount of years. Now I don't know the length but I imagine the contract is longer then one year
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I doubt it would be like a pirate style mutiny, but more like a ''were not following you anymore so tough cookies'' type thing. Or it's a big ship- they could just go elsewhere.

Comment

you can't really have a mutiny unless someone is officially in charge. i think there will be 3 main factions right from the start (military, IOA and scientific) and they are all trying to get "their man" (or woman) in charge. but in the end i think it will work out as a comprimise, each person sticking to what they do best.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  you can't really have a mutiny unless someone is officially in charge. i think there will be 3 main factions right from the start (military, IOA and scientific) and they are all trying to get "their man" (or woman) in charge. but in the end i think it will work out as a comprimise, each person sticking to what they do best.
                  Maybe Rush is in charge of the Icarus base, and feels he should still be in charge after the evacuation. Young might feel to overpower Rush, as the evacutation has become a 'military situation'. This might cause a rift between the military and civilian crew. Young could get left behind on a planet with a few others for a couple of episodes, meaning Matthew Scott could be next in command, which he's not ready for. Rush feels he's not upto the job, relieves him of command...?

Comment

i just don't think there will be someone officially in charge for most of season 1
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a good mid-season arch of season finale cliffhanger.

I think we'll see a conflict arise once the man in charge is killed (assuming this happens).
                      sigpic

Comment

Please, oh please, let's not have a repeat of this.

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        This would be an interesting dynamic for the show. It's sort of like the conflict between Sheppard and Weir in the first season of Atlantis (which they touched upon but never really developed).

Maybe Rush is in charge of the Icarus base, and feels he should still be in charge after the evacuation. Young might feel to overpower Rush, as the evacutation has become a 'military situation'. This might cause a rift between the military and civilian crew. Young could get left behind on a planet with a few others for a couple of episodes, meaning Matthew Scott could be next in command, which he's not ready for. Rush feels he's not upto the job, relieves him of command...?
                        Okay, but this would put the show in the position of having a protagonist effect a coup d'etat.
                        "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                        - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                        - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                        - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

That would work if all of the released information didnt point to Young being in charge of the Icarus Base. Although its possible that Telford who is meant to lead the mission was selected by Rush which implies he has some say in the Destiny mission, this could then lead to Rush saying he should be in charge as he was one of the superior members of the expedition but Young argues that things have changed.

All this could be wrong though as its all speculation to Rush's 'hidden agenda', he could simply be a high level scientist on the project who may or may not have had anything to do with the actual mission.

Comment

Hmm I don't know about a mutiny...... atlantis's first season was very similar to Sg1's so the end of the season probably will be something to do with a defence of destiny against a new enemy possibly, if a mutiny was to happen it would serve as mid season 2 parter
                            Tst

Comment

based on usual stargate season ending cliffhangers, they almost always involve an enemy.

Comment

Working...
                              X