This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'Major Davis NEEDS a Promotion - NOW!' Thread

Wow. Look at me here, doing a campaign thread. Yikes.

Well campaigns and what not I know nothing about, but at least we now have a central hub to discuss the fact that the beloved Major Davis, Pentagon Liaison, skilled diplomat, and all round good egg (it's a Brit thing), has spent 12 whole bloody years as a Major. At LEAST. The guy needs promotion. He's seen Carter, Reynolds and Sheppard promoted above him, yet he's played a vital role in ALL of Earth's major crisis situations.

The good Fugiman and SilverRider suggested we campaign so here we go - in true Major Davis style, this is the point to co-ordinate and control campaign efforts.

Major Davis for Lt Colonel!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

would be nice to see this, mind you.

any chance of TPTB putting this even in a one liner in the next SG1 movie or the upcoming Atlantis movie?

or even showing him in a brief appearance in the pilot for Universe, with his new rank?

Comment

Now that you mention it, you're right. Carter even got two promotions meanwhile. From Captain over Major to Lieutenant Colonel. So you have my vote
      Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
      Jack: "What?"
      Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
      Jack: "What?"
      Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
      Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
      - - - - -
      Knight Rider S01E11
      KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
      - - - - -
      Eureka S03E12
      Bismarck: This is madness.
      Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Carters a full colonel now. I also think that Davis should be promoted ASAP. He deserves it, he's been so helpful to SG-1.
        Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

He needs to be promoted.

If Colin Cunningham can't do anymore SG appearances, then they should have least have one of the characters in the SGC in a movie or SGU saying something like "hey I just got off the phone with Colonel Davis" or something.
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Wow. Look at me here, doing a campaign thread. Yikes.

Well campaigns and what not I know nothing about, but at least we now have a central hub to discuss the fact that the beloved Major Davis, Pentagon Liaison, skilled diplomat, and all round good egg (it's a Brit thing), has spent 12 whole bloody years as a Major. At LEAST. The guy needs promotion. He's seen Carter, Reynolds and Sheppard promoted above him, yet he's played a vital role in ALL of Earth's major crisis situations.

The good Fugiman and SilverRider suggested we campaign so here we go - in true Major Davis style, this is the point to co-ordinate and control campaign efforts.

Here, here! I am in full support of the poor, mistreated Major Davis! Get this man his Lt. Col.-ship pronto!
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think they will never do it just to irritate all of us who want them to. It's a running joke now, written in big letters at the start of the continuity bible:

DO NOT PROMOTE MAJOR DAVIS

Annoy the fans. It's what they do.

Comment

I'll support that!

Great guy and fully deserves to be rewarded.

Comment

he deserves it!

Comment

You have my vote.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah! Lt Colonel Major Davis!

Major is his first name, right?

Comment

Oh, yeah. I feel bad for him, having everyone else zoom past him on the promotion front. He may not do the actual shooting things and blowing up of suns and such, but he probably has ten times the work trying to deal with stuff on Earth.

Of course, the writers probably think his *name* is 'Major Davis' by now, so that might be the problem.

Comment

I'm completely in support of Paul Davis being promoted. There are plenty of other Captains and Majors throughout the series that have been promoted to Lt. Colonel and even Colonel in less time than he's been a Major, and it seems only fair that Paul be given a promotion too. Just because he's not been in combat situations doesn't mean he shouldn't be promoted. After all, even "Major" Samuels went from Major in year 1 to Lt. Colonel in year 2. What did he do to deserve that promotion? I think "Lt. Colonel Paul Davis" has a nice ring to it.

Comment

So true. Even Walter has been promoted how many times in the last 12+ years!!!!
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I'm completely in support of Paul Davis being promoted. There are plenty of other Captains and Majors throughout the series that have been promoted to Lt. Colonel and even Colonel in less time than he's been a Major, and it seems only fair that Paul be given a promotion too. Just because he's not been in combat situations doesn't mean he shouldn't be promoted. After all, even "Major" Samuels went from Major in year 1 to Lt. Colonel in year 2. What did he do to deserve that promotion? I think "Lt. Colonel Paul Davis" has a nice ring to it.
                              Maybe he crossed out Paul's name on the test and wrote in his own name

I, too, vote for Davis to get a promotion!

Comment

Working...
                              X