This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chevron Team (RPG)

This is the thread for the people from "10,000 Chevrons" who are currently bored and have agreed to create an RPG to continue what happened in the thread where we came from.

CURRENTLY WORKING ON: Episode Four: Home Front

TO BE EDITED: Episode One: Gateway
    Episode Two: Shadows in the Night
    Episode Three: Aftermath

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Information!

FORUM: http://z11.invisionfree.com/SGCT/index.php?act=idx

GROUP: http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=10

FAQ:
    Question:What is this thread, anyway?
    Answer: This is the thread for the people from "10,000 Chevrons" who are currently bored (There IS a 15K Chevrons thread, already) and have agreed to create an RPG to continue what happened in the thread where we came from.

Q: Episodes? Shouldn't this be in the Fan Fiction thread?
    A: Episodes are a mini story arc that provides development for characters, and essentially, a chance for the RP'ers to play with their own and other characters. These eps, as we call them are discussed and must follow the storyline outlined in the discussion for the episode.

Q: How do I join?
    A: You can join, simply by informing me via PM, or posting in the CT forum. Then we will have you write a biography, and once you post it, we will check if there is any error in it. After that, discussion will happen on how we will write you in, usually via an episode.

Q: I have to go somewhere! I don't want others to harm my character's persona, so how do I write him out so his persona won't be harmed?
    A: You should first post why you have to go. After that, we will write a part that will write you out, but allows you to still go back. But if you are an important character, we would like you to led your character to everyone, as not to create a plot hole.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Biographies:
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/SGCT/index.php?showtopic=13

---MORE TO BE ADDED---
    Last edited by RM_2000_A; 13 June 2008, 02:43 AM.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
    Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
    The Chevron Team
    Spoiler:
    Never make everything Organic!
    Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
    :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
    :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
    :The drones are heading towards us.
    :Those drones look familiar...
    : SQUID?!?
    We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

I am very annoyed. And disappointed. Especially with some people here. (Not you, Fen)

For starters, the people who create an episode has the responsibility to maintain it. He/She must maintain his/her episode, add all the new bits and urge everyone to post something. For the people whose episode is centered upon (For example, CT1 or Chevron Base), please be active and post a bit every now and then. It is a shame that we are wasting an episode and our trust in you, while the others not involved get forced to post a bit, which somehow, creates confusion, or a plot hole. Learn to balance your time. Work and school aren't excuses. Some people say we have work/school and I (and everybody else) see them wandering around Off-Topic Chatter and 15,000 Chevrons, lying to us. A bit can just be as long as a few sentences. If you really can't, exceptions can be given. But please. We all have our commitments. I have school, everyone has, and some have work. You committed yourselves into CT, be responsible enough for your commitment. I'm not forcing you to post a bit. I'm not a dictator. I'm not forcing you to get off 15k Chevrons or Gateworld. I just want everyone to be active and be reasonable. We all know everyone here has lots and lots of time. We just forget our commitments, because its "boring". But we did it, and there's no turning back. I don't want this to end in futility. I and everyone else have wasted time, effort and sweat to put this to fruition. If you care for all those effort, please be responsible enough for the original thread and continue posting.
    ---

SEASON ONE: Episode Listing

Episode 1: "Gateway"

Episode 2: "Shadows In The Night"

Episode 3: "Aftermath"

Episode 4: "Home Front" (RM_2000_A)

Episode 5: Reserved by Sangate

Episode 6: Reserved by melfan

Episode 7:

Episode 8: Reserved by Fenrir_Foxz

Episode 9:

Episode 10/11: SEASON MID TWO-PARTER

Episode 12: Reserved by RM_2000_A

Episode 13: Reserved by Rodney_Is_Godney

Episode 14:

Episode 15: Reserved by toomuchcaf

Episode 16: Reserved by Fenrir_Foxz

Episode 17:

Episode 18:

Episode 19/20:
    SEASON FINALE (Three-Parter)

SEASON TWO: Episode Listing

Episode 1: SEASON PREMIERE (Three-Parter)
    Last edited by RM_2000_A; 14 June 2008, 02:20 AM.

The Chevron Team
    Spoiler:
    :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.

Comment

[Enter discription of RiG]

RiG "Hey Bray, anywhere I can put my [weapons / med supplies / whatever]?"

Bray "yeah sure set them down next to RM's stuff"

RM "Hell no you don't it's cramped enough in here already"

Bray "Deal with it! How long are you going to be?"

RM "Half an hour...tops, honest"

Bray "Yeah that's what you said 2 days ago"

RM "Well I didn't count on the primer coils blowing when you tripped over the cable and pulled the plug!"

Bray "Well next time don't put your cables in my way."

*Door bell goes again*

Comment

Spoiler:
        RM: Gah, Can someone let me work without being interrupted by a doorbell or a call? And whoever it is, tell him to wait outside, it’s so hot in here and it is too cramped here already
        Shan: I’ll go get it.
        *Melfan is in the door*
        Mel: Oh, hi. Some gathering I see.
        _Melfan_ description here.
        Bray: We’re going offworld
        Mel: Really? Oh, good. I brought some belongings with me. I’m gonna put them here.
        RM: OW! THAT HURT!
        Mel: Oh, RM. I didn’t notice you there.
        RM: Can’t you see I’m currently working here?
        Shan: Face it, RM, you’re getting a little shorter.
        RM sighs. Everyone laughs

The Chevron Team
        Spoiler:

Comment

Ok, here's da next bit. Btw, where are we dialing to?

Spoiler:
          The door is pushed open and, without so much as a warning ring, MT bounces in, with MD trailing behind her.
          “Hello, yes, I’m here. Came over as soon as I could. Boy is it stuffy in here. I brought my stuff. Don’t worry, not as much as Vala would bring, I didn’t bring my hairdryer. Just the basics, which of course includes chocolate, a gun and some high powered walkie talkies. So how are you going Shan?”
          Shan shrugs, “Pretty good actually. I am getting quite excited about going off world!”
          She grins, “Can you believe that we are actually going to do what our favourite heroes do all the time? That we are actually going to leave this planet?”
          RM breaks in, “Well I seem to have finished adjusting all the chevrons, calibrating the electrical conduits, the capacitors are holding the charge, control crystal is in place, the DHD is working and we are ready to go!”
          Bray breaks his stiff upper lip for a second and cheers along with the rest of the team.
          MD and Fluffy are standing together, looking slightly excited at the chance of getting off earth.
          RiG grins, “I’ve always wanted the chance to say this and now I can. ‘Make it spin!’”
          Everyone holds their breath as RM starts dialling the gate
          "Wøøf!"

Comment

Spoiler:
            MT watches RM dial the gate. She looks worried, and her facial expression is like she is about to get sick. She asks Shan,

"Where are we dialing to?"

"RM's dialing to PX7-455. I think that we can still find something nice there"

Bray shrugged. The address was familiar. He just can't remember but it was familiar. Just then, Ebethman rushed into the room, tripping a cable, sending it flying into the gate's capacitors, just as RM finishes dialing. The lights go off as the kawoosh forms and withdraws into the event horizon.

Ebethman said, "Sorry! MT told me so I came rushing here."

RM, who is unusually calm, said "It's OK. Gate diagnostics are OK. We're ready to go!" and rushed into the gate with his belongings. Everyone headed into the gate carrying their belongings.

*Wormhole misty tunnel effect here*

When they emerged, what they saw is not desolate tents and staff weapons, what they saw was a floor covered with red marble and gold outlines. When they looked ahead, what they saw are stairs full of Ancient writings, not a desolate command center. They looked behind, and they saw a blue Stargate, with stained glass, not a stargate with orange chevrons with lots of forests behind them. They were in Atlantis.

Bray said, "Why the hell would we be stranded on Atlantis? We dialed a planet in the MW, right?

RM said: "I think I have the answer"

Everyone gazed as RM continued typing away at his tablet. Everyone was confused. And as far as they know, they are stranded 3 million light years away from home.

IMPORTANT
            : To preserve continuity, the person who is gonna write the first part SHOULD ASK ME WHAT HAPPENED SO I CAN GIVE A DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION. Thank you.

The Chevron Team
            Spoiler:

Comment

I have now posted a partial bio on the CT forum.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

If I wasn't supposed to write anything than just ignore this.

Spoiler:

Bray sighed impatiently, "Well?"

"Hm?" RM looked up from his tablet to see everyone looking at him expectantly. "Oh, right." He flicked his gaze back to his tablet for a second then looked around at his teamates. "Based on the readings I'm getting there was a malfuction of some sort. My guess, a capacitor blew as we were dialing. Maybe even after we dialed." RM walked over to the now glowing staircase and sat on the bottom step. "Or we built our stargate wrong."

RiG, who was looking up at a weird hole in the ceiling, whipped her head around to look at RM. "What? Bloody hell! Ye don't think-"

"Calm down RiG." Shan cut in. "There is nothing wrong with our gate, is there RM? Shan looked at RM pointedly.

"How the hell should I know? I'm 3 million light years way from it! He huffed indignantly.

Just then a thought accured to him "Waitaminnit!" He cried. Wide eyed, he turned to his team. "Who went through the gate last?"

"Not me." Bray answered first.

"I was second" Shan replied.

"Third." MT held up three fingers.

"Wasn't me, ye can bet yer bottom dollar on that!" RiG stated.

All eyes then turned to Ebethman who had remaind quiet up to this point.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Bray, "What the hell did you do Ebeth!"

Ebeth, "I....I....I don't know!"

RM, "You must have done something!"

Ebeth "Well I did trip over that cable, and just before I came through the gate I accidentally knocked the control pannel with my bag."

Bray, "so where are we? it looks like Atlantis....but it's red and gold....and there's no expedition team."

RM, "I was hoping you wouldn't ask that....but I think we may be in a whole different universe."

Shan, "A what?"

RM, "A different universe...for all we know the laws of physics don't apply here."

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Shan said, "Well, what do we do? We are stuck in an alternate universe, in a place more than three million light years away from home, defenseless, in the middle of a war! This is NOT COOL!"

Bray said, "Calm down. We'll find a way out of this mess. RM would have something"

RM then beckoned. "Let's try and split up. I'd go to the control room and the ZPM room, and try to find a way to get out of this mess. In the meantime, go exploring, and find a room for yourselves!"

Melfan nodded "I agree. We need to find a way out of here". He reached into MT's bag and pulled out radios and distributed them. Bray said: "So, RM's gonna head to the control room, I'm gonna check the Jumper Bay, MT and Ebeth, go exploring over there. Mel and RiG, go and find us rooms. Oh, and try and find the toilet too. Shan and the others, you stay here and unpack"

RM took a radio, a cable and headed for the control room, Bray went up to the Jumper Bay. RiG dragged Ebeth off and headed for a transporter door. Mel and MT went off trying to find rooms.

RM said over the intercom "Hello? Do you hear me?" Bray and the others responded. "Go to the nearest room and take the earpieces in the bins near the switches". Everyone did and Bray said "OK, this is much easier than using a radio."

RiG went in a room with Ebeth, who kept on muttering "I'm so scared. We can trigger some weird experiment from here." "Woah", RiG said. A large, imposing blast door can be seen, with a hand panel. RiG touched the panel, and the door opened, revealing a huge platform and yet another panel. RiG touched it again, and supplies appeared infront of the platform. RiG and Ebeth stood there, motionless.

"Guys. I think we got something."

The Chevron Team
                    Spoiler:

Comment

ok, time to bring the wraith into the story

Spoiler:
                      Meanwhile in the gateroom, where gentle daylight filters through the gold and violet stained windows, which pains mysterious patterns onto the marble floor:

Shan, who has been left with the wraiths, unpacks the supplies and wonders what the team will do. The materials brought along would have been sufficient for a short trip off world but not for an expedition into another universe for an undefined period of time. She can’t help but silently cursing ebethman for her clumsiness but has hardly any time to ponder on that thought as Fluffy’s fine nose leads him to the packed food and he starts pulling at the package. MD is quick in joining. Both grin expectantly. Shan has to run and tells them off for trying to steal food even though they haven’t been her longer than a quarter of an hour.

“Off you go, you greedy wraith, aren’t you ashamed of yourselves? You can’t possible be hungry yet and those supplies have to last for a long time if we are unfortunate!” Shan rubs her face moaning – “This situation is so messed up, why did I want to come along?”

Fluffy and MD sit down on the stairs, sulking, and don’t even think to help with unpacking. Just then RiD and Ebeth call and tell the team that the have found a large amount of supplies containing food and weapons.

The wraith jump up and run off to “help” carrying it. Shan just has enough time to warn Rid and Ebeth.

sigpic

Comment

so then let's make something up to include bluejay

Spoiler:
                        After radioing the warning Shan spots the wrapped supply, the wraith earlier mutilated, had taken some damage. She gets worried that maybe some food will spoil due to damaged wrapping and has a closer look at the large crate. Something is moving. Shan is confused but then takes a gun from the supply and carfully fully opens it. Then starts to laugh - BlueJay?! - What are you doing in THERE?!

Shan radios Bray: "I think I just discovered a stowaway."

sigpic

Comment

a quick cont...

Spoiler:
                          'Don't point that thing at me Shan, i've had a bad enough night as it is.' Shan lowers the gun but BlueJay makes no attempt to remove themselves from the crate.
                          'I followed the chocolate which led me into here and it was so comfy i decided to take a little nap. Then i get woken up by being banged all over the place and i think there's a rat somewhere cause i heard chewing noises. When i tried to get out the lid wouldn't open. Someone, locked me in.
                          sigpic
                          FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Shan: "A likley story" Shakes her had and decides not to enquire further, she lowers the gun and gives BlueJay a hand to get out of the crate. "Well, as you are here - help me to unpack!"

BlueJay gets out, looks arounds and asks astonished: "Where are we?"

Shan:"A paralell universe"

BlueJay, annoyed:"Now you are telling stories"

Shan:"Unfortunatly not"

BlueJay gapes and doesn't know what to say.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RM_2000_A View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Shan said, "Well, what do we do? We are stuck in an alternate universe, in a place more than three million light years away from home, defenseless, in the middle of a war! This is NOT COOL!"

Bray said, "Calm down. We'll find a way out of this mess. RM would have something"

RM then beckoned. "Let's try and split up. I'd go to the control room and the ZPM room, and try to find a way to get out of this mess. In the meantime, go exploring, and find a room for yourselves!"

Melfan nodded "I agree. We need to find a way out of here". He reached into MT's bag and pulled out radios and distributed them. Bray said: "So, RM's gonna head to the control room, I'm gonna check the Jumper Bay, MT and Ebeth, go exploring over there. Mel and RiG, go and find us rooms. Oh, and try and find the toilet too. Shan and the others, you stay here and unpack"

RM took a radio, a cable and headed for the control room, Bray went up to the Jumper Bay. RiG dragged Ebeth off and headed for a transporter door. Mel and MT went off trying to find rooms.

RM said over the intercom "Hello? Do you hear me?" Bray and the others responded. "Go to the nearest room and take the earpieces in the bins near the switches". Everyone did and Bray said "OK, this is much easier than using a radio."

RiG went in a room with Ebeth, who kept on muttering "I'm so scared. We can trigger some weird experiment from here." "Woah", RiG said. A large, imposing blast door can be seen, with a hand panel. RiG touched the panel, and the door opened, revealing a huge platform and yet another panel. RiG touched it again, and supplies appeared infront of the platform. RiG and Ebeth stood there, motionless.

"Guys. I think we got something."
                              Just noticed something upon re-reading.

First you tell me and Mel to go find rooms then you have me dragging Ebeth off to a transporter then you say Mel and MT went off trying to find rooms. Then Mel and Ebeth" go exploring over there" before I drag her to the trans. door.

You gotta keep us straight! Whos going where with whom? Make up your mind RM!
                              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 15 May 2008, 02:35 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                              X