Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Robert C. Cooper (Executive Producer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Robert C. Cooper (Executive Producer)

INTERVIEW:
    MYTH MAKER
    GateWorld talks with Robert C. Cooper

With the premiere of The Ark of Truth, writer-director Robert C. Cooper sits down with GateWorld to talk about the Ori storyline and his decisions for how to conclude it.

READ MORE ...

thanks. I'm really looking forward to part two. When can we expect it?
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

At this point in our Vancouver trip, Part 2 will have to wait until I get home and recover from a red-eye flight. Look for it on Tuesday!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        At this point in our Vancouver trip, Part 2 will have to wait until I get home and recover from a red-eye flight. Look for it on Tuesday!
        cool can't wait
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

Fly safe, take a rest and we can patiently wait for the second part of Rob Cooper's interview, the first part of which is great btw

Comment

Thanks for the interview Darren.

I'd have loved him to answer why "sexy" "fun" early S9 Vala was filmed the way she was when they knew they wanted her back and would need to tone her down tremendously. Or perhaps it's as easy as they just didn't think that far ahead/beyond the moment. I can accept that too. Though I can see how that would be impossible to ask and doubt it would be answered directly anyway.

ETA: I actually liked later S10 Vala so the *something* worked. Just not the Sprog of Doom.

Huh. Some of the stuff about why Stargate Command remained being called SG-1 is... not exactly what I remember him saying before. Perhaps the emphasis is just different.

ETA:
            Part 2: I must admit I skimmed over much of the AoT stuff.

Regarding the Replicators: I still don't think it worked. It came out of left field and just didn't fit with the story. Perhaps if the Replicator story had had a bit of a break, but it was already being used in SGA and the IOA knows how close the Replicators came to winning very recently. It jsut seemed to be a way to give Mitchell something to do (play chase) and yet again stick Sam in a room (alone and playing with a computer).

Believe me, I know Coop isn't the only one that created the S9/S10 'interestingness'. Still, as showrunner...

suse
            Last edited by suse; 08 April 2008, 08:30 PM.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Thanks GateWorld for another epic interview. I thoroughly enjoy every interview that you guys produce.

GateWorld is a role-model for all websites in my opinion - keep up the great work!
              Last edited by duffarama; 14 April 2008, 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling mistake :p

Comment

Like or dislike coop as you wish. But please keep your comments in this thread about the interview that it pertains to, not your general feelings.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X