My Stargate Wedding Cake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Stargate Wedding Cake.

Got married on September 27th and this little gem was knocked up by my wifes parents.

Absoluteley everything on the top display is hand made, including the wormhole connection which is hand painted icing. And apparently the gate is symbol correct as well.

You can't see them too well but the bottom tier has earth glyphs running all around the outside of the cake, and non gate related.. the roses on the bottom tier are also hand made and edible.

Just got to find something air tight to display the top section in now as it's definateley not being eaten.

And incase anyone wonders why the male figurine has red hair the final pic should answer that.

Hope you like the cake..... let me know your thoughts.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 09 July 2011, 12:07 AM. Reason: Tagged for width.:)

Okay...this is so cute! Lovely, really!

I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Last edited by JackandSamAddict; 20 October 2007, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrScareys event horizon V1.0 View Post
      Got married on September 27th and this little gem was knocked up by my wifes parents.
      Congradulations on getting married!

Originally posted by DrScareys event horizon
      Absoluteley everything on the top display is hand made, including the wormhole connection which is hand painted icing. And apparently the gate is symbol correct as well.

You can't see them too well but the bottom tier has earth glyphs running all around the outside of the cake, and non gate related.. the roses on the bottom tier are also hand made and edible.

Just got to find something air tight to display the top section in now as it's definateley not being eaten.

And incase anyone wonders why the male figurine has red hair the final pic should answer that.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...edding-377.jpg
      Wow, that is really a nice wedding cake. The detail is amazing. You got some great in-laws there!
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 May 2009, 10:41 PM. Reason: changed tags to url on pic requote.:)
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Oh...that's fantastic!..........wonderful attention to detail....

Congratulations to you both and I hope you'll be very happy together!...

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Congratulations on your wedding.

I love the cake. It must have taken forever to make.
          sigpic

Comment

Wow. That looks like it took allot of time to make. So what did your friends/relatives who don't watch/like the show think of the wedding cake having such a unique top? I have only told one friend that I watch the show because so many people assume people that watch sci-fi shows are the fanatics that goto startrek conventions in homemade costumes and look like the three computer experts from the x-files when not in costumes.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
              Wow. That looks like it took allot of time to make. So what did your friends/relatives who don't watch/like the show think of the wedding cake having such a unique top? I have only told one friend that I watch the show because so many people assume people that watch sci-fi shows are the fanatics that goto startrek conventions in homemade costumes and look like the three computer experts from the x-files when not in costumes.
              LoL.

There didn't seem to be much reaction to the fact that it's Stargate, everyone was just awed at the actual piece. Of course, the people who did know what it was all about were even more impressed.

As for the wifey's mother who did the majority of the work, bless her, she borrowed my Stargate visual companion to get some stock to work from and having never seen it before she even parked up and watched a few episodes to get an idea as to what the fuss was about.

As soon as i can get some pics i'll post up the Stargate wedding invitations and place settings, all of which were hand made by the missus.

Oh, and thanky's for all the congtats....

Comment

Congratulations on your marriage. That is the coolest wedding cake ever.

Comment

Congrats on your marriage. That is fantastic. In-laws get a gold star for that one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome Just saw this on Cake Wrecks (Sunday sweet section of course, it's not a wreck!)

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/...-goodness.html
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Congratulations on your marriage from me too!

Your MIL did a fantastic job especially for not having seen the program. The cake is fantabulous!

Comment

That's so cool! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by DrScareys event horizon V1.0 View Post

Congratulations! What a lovely couple you are. Best wishes!

Thank you for the terrific photos of your Stargate wedding cake! Very nice.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

CONGRADULATIONS !!

The cake is absolutley amazing. The detail of the gate and the wormhole is incredable and a really nice touch at the bottom with the earth symbol.
                            GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Wow. Just wow.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                              X