This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor who universe.

I am trying to make a list of all other shows in the doctor who universe, I would like to thank flying officair bennet for the info http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46257, also can eneyone tell if the classic who's spin offs were in continuity with new series and there eneymore I havn't listed. I'll keep changing this first when I find out more things for these 2 continuities.

Classic:
    *Classic doctor who and movie
    *Wartime
    *Downtime
    *Shakedown - Return of the Sontarans.
    *PROBE"
    *Auton, Auton 2 - The Sentinel, Auton 3
    *Cyberon

New:
    *Classic doctor who and movie (unkown)
    *New Doctor who
    *Torchwood
    *Sarah jane adventures
    Last edited by ukray; 23 August 2007, 11:11 AM.

Cyberon http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0273161/
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Well if Terry Nation had his way you could have add Balke's 7 to the list.

As Terry Nation wanted the Daleks to appear in the end of series 2 of Blakes 7. The BBC refused the request from him to do this.
      Last edited by Dave9946; 27 August 2007, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Don't forget K9 & Company.

Dave, Daleks in Blake 7? Cool! Where did you hear that gem?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The Blakes 7 story is quite old, from 1979 I guess lol. It was either in a Blake's 7 mag I've got here somewere or in an interview\article many years ago with Terry Nation.

Well I"m 90% sure it's true and keep meaning to do research on the story. But it might have only been a thought that Nation wanted to use them in the series 2 final ep.

Comment

I definately remember hearing that somewhere too, would have been an interesting crossover, shame it didn't happen.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

K-9 and ko was not in either doctor universes and it the blake seven crossover real and I need the evidence.

Comment

The Blakes 7 crossover didn't happen in the end, and there is no "either" here, there's only one Whoniverse, in which K-9 and Company IS canon.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I must assume that you have never seen the K9 & Company?. As the Doctor had sent her K9 with a message signed by the Doctor.

As for the Daleks having been Planned for Blakes 7, other recall the story so the idea did exist. I mean Terry Nation created the Daleks and Blakes 7. He just only had joint right for the Daleks with the BBC. It was the BBC who did'nt like the idea and blocked them being used.

Comment

What I mean is that the new doctor who is in continuity with the old and it is not contining it, if it was the spin offs would be in continuity aswell.

Comment

So, they share the same continuity, but don't follow on from eachother? I can't be the only one who hasn't a clue what he's talking about right?

Comment

I mean it is in continuity with the old but the origional is in 2 continuities, first continuity is not in continuity with the new. So far no one has told me that the spin off to the origional are in continuity with the second continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by ukray View Post
                          origional is in 2 continuities
                          No, it isn't.

far no one has told me that the spin off to the origional are in continuity with the second continuity. I've edited the first post.
                          There's only one Whoniverse, so this is irrelevant. Some of the spin offs are canon, others are not:

Definitely canon
                          K9 and Co.
                          Torchwood
                          Sarah Jane Adventures

The rest are debatable.

Comment

Same character, different continuity? It makes sense for the new and old Doctor Who series to be in the same continuity, the fact that we have had the 9th and 10th Doctors, as opposed to the 1st and the 2nd. The costumes for the timelords in the flashback scenes in the sound of drums are canon with the classic series.

Comment

Ok, after mentioning about the Dr Who connection to Blake's 7 via the Daleks I've just done a quick bit of net research and have found proof that the story was real. This is part of a 2003 interview with Chris Boucher, the script editor of Blake's 7:

Terry did once tentatively suggest that there might be a Dalek cross-over. We stamped on that idea very firmly.
                              So proof Terry Nation did discuss with the Blake's 7 team to have the Daleks in the show. It was just the script editor and the BBC who blocked the idea.

The full article that came from is here: http://www.anorakzone.com/blake/chrisboucher.html

Comment

Working...
                              X