It's about Flocking and Togetherness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about Flocking and Togetherness

For those just joining us, take a look at the following links to Joe Mallozzi's blog:

June 26, 2007
    June 24, 2007

Hopefully this will explain to some of you why my sig is what it is.

Anyway, the flocking arrived today, and I know I promised a few people that I would make a big deal out of it. Well, it is a

BIG DEAL

...So why not make it one?

Originally, I had wanted to create a photo montage of me being overjoyed at receiving this holiest of holy holy holy gifts. Then it occured to me that there's no one to actually take the photos while I was in front of the camera. So sad, but then no one will have to be treated to my Ark-of-the-convenant-like face, so it's all good. So glad.

Instead, I'll just write out my experiences with this, this...heavenly-manufactured piece of heaven. I mean, it looks like clouds, so that's partially true.

It started at 10:12 am on a partially cloudy Lower-Mainland day, the home of Bridge Studios. Little did I know that, even though the studios, where the package is being mailed from, is only a 15-minute-car-ride away, it will take the package a week to get from there to the post office, and then to my house. The wonders of the Canadian mail system at work. Anyway. I was asleep, until my mom decided to rudely awaken me and told me that it was time to wake up. But I'm on vacation! I murmured. She didn't hear me, I would imagine.

Turning over, I blindly groped for a remote, found it, and pressed "On". Instantly my plasma TV burst into life and right away Stargate SG1's "2001" began blaring. I had planned on that. A few minutes passed with me listening to it as I try to go back to sleep before the phone rang in the other room. It was someone trying to get in through the front door!! I live in an apartment, you see. Anyway, the phone was weak, and so I had to scream into the receiver (is that the right word?) and strain myself to hear the postal lady's voice. Of course, I knew it had to be the Flocking, so I tried my freaking best to get her into the building...except for actually opening the door for her. Apparently, our phone's busted. Luckily, someone had come and opened the door for her! It's fate I tells ya!!

For a moment, however, I didn't really know what was happening. She said something I couldn't hear, and the phone went dead. Oh no!! My flocking!! Is it lost? Has it been returned to sender or worst, the post office?! No. At that moment, my mom returned from our next door neighbour's and I told her the exciting news. As she went to go again, the postal lady arrived! She handed off the package, which finally came into my hands!!

If was at this moment that I knew I was a good person, as the package did not burn me when I touched it. I held it high, smiles spread from ear to ear. I pointed out the word "Stargate" to my mom, written on the package shown below:

(My address blurred for obvious reasons, you stalkers you)

Oh, it was magnificent!! Truly worthy of song. I'm not gonna write that song, but I'm sure somebody will.

Anyways, I was still half-asleep, but I knew right-then-and-there that my duty was to you, the fans (not The Fans[tm], they're evil). I knew I had to get this news out there and share with you this flocking of OMG proportions. I turned on my computer and carefully looked over the package, my eyes alight with the light emiting from it...metaphorically, maybe.

Carefully with a knife, I cut the tape holding the packaging paper together and pulled it apart, revealing the box worthy of being St. Peter's garbage box:

My heart expanded; "Certificate", it said, on the envelop attached to the box. It didn't matter, as in my mind, it said "salvation". Oh yes.

Carefully, I cut the envelop from the box and opened it. Hey! It's that document of Joe's-Blog fame!!

The memories of reading that blog entry came flooding back like a dream where a flood happened. It was glorious!

Casting it aside, however, I came upon the holy grail itself, the box. Carefully, I opened it and instantly a great cloud greeted me. Is this a cloud on which an angel will soon appear? The very same cloud that Goku rides around the world on? Uh...no, it was just bits of flocking stuck to the box being flicked every-which-way as I popped open the flaps of the box. No biggie.

Oh, but what was inside was indeed a biggie. The flocking itself!!

I was momentarily blinded by their science brilliance. They were...well, awesome, really. I poked them, and they retreated from my finger at the same rate as the forward movement of the finger itself, which is touching it. In other words, they were soft, foam-like; a truly delight to behold and squeeze:

With care befit that of a child, I removed these beautiful, crumbling pieces and laid them on the floor. I stared at them for seconds-on-end, admiring their...*sigh*-ness. You know what I mean. After a while, I decided to give them names:

They are now more dear to me than the Stargate characters (who are my favorites) whose names I have given to them ...well, except Rodney.

But there was something even more important! Oh yes, the secret hidden cryptic Atlantis season four spoiler!! It came in the form of a oval piece of paper stuck to the bottom of the box, beneath all the shiny flocking. Gently, I grabbed at it and pulled it from its snuggy home, trapped in the box flaps.

I flipped it over and...

AND...

AND...

Wait, I need to eat some breakfast/lunch...brunch!

---

Right, you ready?! Are you ready? A.R.E. Y.O.U. R.E.A.D.Y?! Huh? HUH?!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E
    E
    R
    S
    O
    M
    E

M
    O
    R
    E

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Tada!! Wow, that is cryptic eh? And so worth the wait!! "It's War!" It says, war? What war? Who's fighting in the war? How long is the war? What's the name of the war? What are the uniforms worn by the soldiers participating in the war? Well, we have an idea. It's probably
    Spoiler:
    The Wraiths and the Asurans who are fighting, with the Atlantis expedition in the middle, and the Travelers are probably involved too. It's probably going to happen during the mid-season finale and extend for a while, maybe. The Wraith will be wearing there usual goth-trench coats, the Asurans will be wearing those bland...things, the travelers will be wearing leather, and the expedition? The usual, a bra and panties.

Well, that is that. The flocking now lie peacefully beneath my chair on the floor, waiting to be put back in their box so that they may live long after you are dead and have become worm-chow. This truly was a great day.

Flocking and togetherness people! Remember it!
    Last edited by PG15; 24 July 2007, 01:07 PM.

Congrats on the flocking!!!!!! *so not jealous*
    My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
    Sig and avi by me
    Spoiler:

Comment

*giggles*

And people call me a drama queen

The flocking looks fab hon And OMG the spoiler! Thanks for sharing it hon, we appreciate it.

You know if you sat on it you could pretend you're on cloud 9, hehehe. You know that sounded better in my head.

Actually I don't think you need to pretend.

ETA: Dagnabit, have to spread the luff first. I'll do a free luff spree and get back to ya!
      Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 24 July 2007, 12:02 PM. Reason: Spreading of the luff

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

With care befit that of a child, I removed these beautiful, crumbling pieces and laid them on the floor. I stared at them for seconds-on-end, admiring their...*sigh*-ness. You know what I mean. After a while, I decided to give them names:

So, was the biggest piece named Rodney due to his ego?

Comment

Yep.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Gah, I never manage to green you. Consider yourself greened for one of the most hilarious posts I've read in ages!

Hooray!
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Many congratulations. I love the spoiler! LOL
                sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the Flocking (and togeatherness).
                  sigpic
                  thanks Stef
                  Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

It's about flocking time you got it!!!

I thought the U.S. Postal service was slow?!?!?!

Congrats!!! Display your flocking with PRIDE!!!
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Very Funny post!! Congrats on your flocking. May it live long and prosper!!
                      sigpic

Comment

That was very suspenseful leading up to the unveiling. Congrats and thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

BIG DEAL

...So why not make it one?
                          Why not indeed
                          you nutter! lol

Congrats on the flocking... ok that is the weirdest thing I will type today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life. *wants to hold Rodney!!!* *grabby hands*

Comment

Thanks guys!!

I should probably say that my apparently-hilarious first post was inspired by Joe, of course.

Comment

Thanks guys!!

I should probably say that my apparently-hilarious first post was inspired by Joe, of course.
                              Of course; but sorry PG but you just don't have Joe's snark.

Comment

Working...
                              X