This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori fighter scaling (pics)

Hey I am going to try and make a model of the ori fighter based off these pics. I want some input on the scale of the ship. I came up with about 18 meters based on the 3D person in green and the pics scaled to what I think the position of the person in the fighter would be. I also included some shots of a 302 and glider I got and a puddle jumper I made. I scaled the 302 and glider based on other scaling threads that say the 302 has a wingspan of 21,5 meters. I also scaled my jumper to about 13' tall based on some screen shot and measurements I took. I think they are pretty accurate in size so hopefully they aren't off to much. Credit goes to Jeremy Hampton at www.essencedesignworks.com for the pics of the fighter and to Grzesiek and Animaniac at scifi-meshes.com for the death glider and 302 respetivley.

-James-
    Last edited by XJamesX; 25 December 2006, 07:35 PM.

Hmmm...that's interesting, looks like it might actually fit through the gate if those fins in the back would fold back.

Comment

The seat in the Orii fighter is a lot larger then the seats in the other fighters according to that scaling.
      I think the person should be a bit bigger. If that is done, then it would fit through the gate with the wings out.

Comment

wow really great work James. My only quiff is in the side view, are you sure jumpers are that short? They look longer than that in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
          wow really great work James. My only quiff is in the side view, are you sure jumpers are that short? They look longer than that in the show.
          jumpers are much longer than that, you can fit several people in it...
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I'm actually not sure how long they are but mine is roughly 36' and appears that it can hold several people. If anyone has actual dimensions let me know and i wil rescale it. I think mine might be a bit big compared to the show.

I based it on this shot

-James-

Comment

Actually, I heard from a reliable source that the jumper is 26' long, not 36.

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by XJamesX View Post
                Spoiler:
                I'm actually not sure how long they are but mine is roughly 36' and appears that it can hold several people. If anyone has actual dimensions let me know and i wil rescale it. I think mine might be a bit big compared to the show.

I based it on this shot

-James-
                Cool puddle jumper but in you pics it seem that the puddle jumpper it a little too tall

Edit: I tried to get into essence but cant, it has a login thing, whats with that?
                Last edited by boberth2o; 27 December 2006, 04:17 PM.
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Essence has been blocked because some idiot over at scifi-meshes.com stole the pics of the Ori fighter and claimed them as his own so the guy passworded his site.

AGT58

Comment

omg well that sucks, dang
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Just go to the image index.

http://essencedesignworks.com/images/

Comment

Just don't tell too many people about the image index, I've seen indices get blocked from too many people viewing them. Apparently, they have ways of telling who's been to the directory so save all of the links with the File button, then Save as and save it, that way, even if it's blocked, you can still access it.

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                          Just don't tell too many people about the image index, I've seen indices get blocked from too many people viewing them. Apparently, they have ways of telling who's been to the directory so save all of the links with the File button, then Save as and save it, that way, even if it's blocked, you can still access it.

AGT58
                          Well your saving it to your computer, even if he blocks you, you cannot get on. And the way that he finds your ip to block it is in the raw access logs of his site. then your computer will show up as something like this 76.211.16.180 is my IP and if he blocks that IP you can just unplug your modem and then plug it in again. However for DSL you have the IP of you computer and your land IP which is a little harder to change, but for you computer you can just unplug your DSL tower and then plug it back in and you computer has a new IP. For DSL 2WIRE sucks in the sense of IP's.
                          To find your land IP go to 'start' then click 'run' and type in 'cmd' and your Charge Modulated Device (cmd) will pop up (its a black window) and type 'IPconfig' after the 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>' and your land IP will show up.

Edit: WOW! those are some great meshes what did he use to create them?
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                            Well your saving it to your computer, even if he blocks you, you cannot get on. And the way that he finds your ip to block it is in the raw access logs of his site. then your computer will show up as something like this 76.211.16.180 is my IP and if he blocks that IP you can just unplug your modem and then plug it in again. However for DSL you have the IP of you computer and your land IP which is a little harder to change, but for you computer you can just unplug your DSL tower and then plug it back in and you computer has a new IP. For DSL 2WIRE sucks in the sense of IP's.
                            To find your land IP go to 'start' then click 'run' and type in 'cmd' and your Charge Modulated Device (cmd) will pop up (its a black window) and type 'IPconfig' after the 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>' and your land IP will show up.

Edit: WOW! those are some great meshes what did he use to create them?
                            Posting your IP address on a public forum is not too smart. Suggest you edit it!
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

The puddle jumpers can fit about 2 Rodneys lying in the back compartment of them, I scaled it all at about 3 people lying down long.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5948/gup840xm7.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5981/gup837sf4.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6...rs24760fe7.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/843/bscap292jo2.jpg

The first one shows Rodney lying down in the back compartment of the PJ in Grace Under Pressure, which looks like his head is a the end of the compartment but if you look at the second pic, it shows where his head is in the same part of the ep before the water drains.

The third pic shows Teyla standing in the back of the PJ and when the seats end there is still some more of the back as seen in pic 4

Comment

Working...
                              X