• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Joel Goldsmith (Composer)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    GATE HARMONICS
    GateWorld talks with Joel Goldsmith

GateWorld explores the musical world of Stargate in part one of our interview with composer Joel Goldsmith!

READ MORE ...
    Last edited by Darren; 17 April 2007, 11:07 AM.

Excellent, excellent feature! I've been wishing for this. Gonna listen to the interview now.

EDIT: Yep, definitely a GREAT interview. Personally, I found this to be the most interesting one in a long time. Can't wait for part two!
    Last edited by Ugly Pig; 29 November 2006, 12:21 PM. Reason: Added reaction
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

For the love of god, PLEASE ask him to get SOMEONE to release a soundtrack for SG1 with themes from Seasons 3-10!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Comment

Originally posted by Vesian View Post
        For the love of god, PLEASE ask him to get SOMEONE to release a soundtrack for SG1 with themes from Seasons 3-10!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
        I believe Joel's already doing what he can to get those released...

Comment

Love the interview David - I have met Joel and he is very cool to talk to - He was so excited when Sony took over releasing Stargate thinking it would mean a chance to finally release a good CD of the music since they are more into the music scene than MGM. Hopefully with the movie to Fox we will see a CD at some point in the future.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Boy I hope so.

Part 2 will include many of the themes you've wanted released to CD. Joel's wonderful assistant, Rick Chadock, was kind enough to hand over some choice selections that I asked for for part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              Boy I hope so.

Part 2 will include many of the themes you've wanted released to CD. Joel's wonderful assistant, Rick Chadock, was kind enough to hand over some choice selections that I asked for for part 2.
              i just hopr ther realse the music from camelot ......

i'm so excited that you got to talk to joel ...i'll listen to the interview tomorrow when i will have more time ...it's already on my desktop
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Camelot is actually available at Joel's Web site, www.freeclyde.com .
                But if you're referring to a soundtrack, I do too!

Comment

Boy I hope so.

Wait a sec, that means...you...HAVE...THE...THEMES....and will be posting them for us?

Is it true? Can I die happy?

Comment

great interview i have always enjoyed his music hope there do get to releases alot of the Stargate music there ten years worth ...plus SGA.

i was shocked to see that you got to talk to joel i got home from work and went to gw main site and saw interview with joel i literly almost fell out of the chair

David good questions and also lol on using big words i don't understand
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                      Excellent, excellent feature! I've been wishing for this. Gonna listen to the interview now.

EDIT: Yep, definitely a GREAT interview. Personally, I found this to be the most interesting one in a long time. Can't wait for part two!
                      Me too
                      sigpic

Comment

I've been waiting for this ages now... amazing features.

Thank you.

Comment

Part 2 will be debuting today.

Comment

Part 2 will be debuting today.
                            Woo hoo!

Comment

Liked the first part, loved the second part. Thanks for doing this interview, David. I've been wondering about the Atlantis theme at the end of Lost City for a long time, so now I finally got the answer.

I've still got a question:
                              JG: Yes. And I'm doing a variation of it right now, which I can't [discuss] because it would be a huge spoiler. As a matter of fact, today I'm writing another variation of the ascension, which I would love to tell you, but they would be so pissed. [Laughter]
                              To put this into context: When did you do the interview?
                              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                              X