This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTENTION browsing TPTB!

ATTENTION to those browsers who work or know ANYBODY related to the creation of Battlestar Galactica. (don't hide, we know you're there and reading this).

This is a plea from all those who DO NOT live in the US and therefore, apparantly CAN NOT watch the online webisodes.

Please reconsider - we (non US fans) would really really love to watch these so is there any chance at all you could make them available for viewing for everybody instead?

I know you know we exist, and believe it or not, most of us are up-to-date with the series, (because we order our boxsets from America!) and are desperatly hanging on the edge of the season two cliff hanger. We have waited months and months and months with the promise of this insainly cool idea of a webisode only to have that thought taken away.

So please, if you see this, and can make a difference, by the lords of kobol, HELP US POOR LITTLE THINGS!

we love you, but still - missing the webisodes seems a little harsh

ellymelly (an Australian)

If you are not one of the TPTB and are unable to watch the the webisodes, please reply and show that we are out there, that we love bsg, but that we REALLY feel left out!

(if this thread is inappropriate, please delete)

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

German fan here. *begs on knees* I'd really like to see them too!
    sigpic

Comment

*Begins to chant* WE WANT THE WEBISODES, we want the webisodes...

It's really not fair that people not in the US can't see these mini-clips of the best.show.ever.

I love BSG, and sorta feel cheated that I can't see the webisodes. I mean, what is the point of making them, if not everyone on-line can watch them?

We're just as deprived of bsg as the next fan... *Kicks long gap between seasons* and we are just as important as the next fan too.

Are non-US fans simply unable to see the webisodes because it would cost too much, or what? We don't even have an explanation, which makes it hurt more.

Thow a dog a bone here, would ya- TPTB?

(A UK addict)
      Bill:When you think you love somebody, you love them. That’s what love is – thoughts.

This beautiful sig was made by the beautiful *E*K*R*

Comment

Swiss Fan here!!! Yeah, we really want to see them so pleeeeaaaasssseeee bring them up for us too!

Comment

I'm in the US and I STILL think its unfair that I will be watching the webisodes and yet none of my friends outside the US who love BSG just as much as I do will get to enjoy them with me!!

Comment

No worries, I'm practically positive that some kind viewer here in the US will upload the Resistance eps to YouTube and/or torrent sites. That way everyone can watch!

(I don't think they're any legal obstacles with uploading free clips such as these, right?)

Comment

And ToasterOnFire Even if tehre are legal issues I don't think it should matter. This is an injustice plain and simple and should be fixed. If sci-fi doesnt want the stuff on youtube they should fix the problem.

Sci fi, fix this or just get the hell out of broad casting. If you can't learn how to do right by the fans then you don't belong in the buisness, it's simple as that!

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
                And ToasterOnFire Even if tehre are legal issues I don't think it should matter. This is an injustice plain and simple and should be fixed. If sci-fi doesnt want the stuff on youtube they should fix the problem.
                Right on!

It's just not right that some fans can't see the webisodes on sci-fi dot com, while others can.

TPTB! Get your acts together! PLEASE!

*Begs*
                Bill:When you think you love somebody, you love them. That’s what love is – thoughts.

This beautiful sig was made by the beautiful *E*K*R*

Comment

Oh pretty please!!! I beg you!
                  **Lords of Kobol hear my prayers**
                  Please:The webisodes available to the whole planet!!!!

*Leliana* a French fan (offers a wonderful bottle of French wine! hehe)

Comment

You could move to America! Sure our healthcare sucks, and were almost 50% of us are complete tools! (You "Red State" people know who you are!!) and we can be rather obnoxous from time to time BUT we do get to watch our Battlestar Galactica FIRST!!

GO AMERICA!!

Oh and sorry about Steve Irwin Aussies!! You spend all day poking dinosaurs with sticks and end up getting killed by a fish...Irony sucks!!!
                    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

UK fan I really want to watch them as well!!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I (and many others) have been eagerly anticipating these webisodes for months, desperate for any snatch of BSG to come along! You make plenty of $$$ off of us when we buy your DVD's and merch, it would be highly appreaciated if you (sci-fi) threw us a bone once in awhile. We feel that our viewership should be valued as much as that of the American audience. No BSG fan wants to miss a moment of the story and that includes these webisodes, please don't ignore us!

~A Canadian BSG fan

Comment

If I'm correct, it has to do more with copyright issues than with TBTP being Amero-centric jerks. Its the same reason that iTunes TV/movie downloads are only available to US residents.
                          sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien
                            If I'm correct, it has to do more with copyright issues than with TBTP being Amero-centric jerks. Its the same reason that iTunes TV/movie downloads are only available to US residents.
                            This may be true. The two things I'm not sure about are:

1) How exactly scifi.com is going to have the clip available only to US viewers and not to anyone else? iTunes supposedly makes certain shows/music available to certain regions by checking the IP of the user. Is scifi.com really going to go to all that trouble to set up IP checks when SciFi makes no profit off of these clips anyway? Is it verified that the clips are US only or is this only speculation?

2) How much copyright issues apply to a freely broadcasted clip. I can understand applying copyright law to iTunes downloads like music and TV shows to make sure the studios get their money, but SciFi isn't trying to make a profit here.

Comment

Would like to second all the above and point out that www stands for WORLD WIDE Web.

Plus, we only feel this passionately because you make such a frakking great show.

It's a compliment really

Signature by the incomparable ellymelly - worlds most talented A/R shipper

Comment

Working...
                              X