Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about "Kirking" in the Stargate universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you feel about "Kirking" in the Stargate universe?

Throughout GW, there have recently been several discussions on whether or not SG1 and SGA are including too much "Kirking" in their episodes (meaning, too much flirting and/or "making out" with hot chicks/guys of the week that has no bearing on characterizations, plots or story arcs).
    Hate it - never want to see it again!
    32.98%
    Once a season is okay.
    30.53%
    Okay, but more age appropriate (no 40 year old officers with prom queens).
    11.23%
    More - Bring on the hot alien babes of the week!
    10.18%
    Don't care
    15.09%
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    Throughout GW, there have recently been several discussions on whether or not SG1 and SGA are including too much "Kirking" in their episodes (meaning, too much flirting and/or "making out" with hot chicks/guys of the week that has no bearing on characterizations, plots or story arcs).
    You can never have enough hot chicks
    love them all

Comment

Save it for the soaps. I'm here to see some scifi action/drama, not to watch Our Hero stick his tongue down the throat of the Alien Chick-of-the-week.

Comment

I was gonna go with once a year, but then I realized that that could be taken to mean once a year for each and every character on the show (ACK!! NO!!), so I checked off "never again" instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          I was gonna go with once a year, but then I realized that that could be taken to mean once a year for each and every character on the show (ACK!! NO!!), so I checked off "never again" instead.
          I'm with you. I could handle once a year with only one character but once a year for everyone. I've seen way to much of this happening especially on SGA. Enough is enough already!
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I like action as much as the next alien probably more but come on Hot Alien Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would prefer NONE. Don't think that will ever happen though.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

i put !. Hate it.... as much as some people like to see the "guy get the 'hot' girl" on a week to week basis, i personally find it quite degrading as a woman myself... and it is belittling to the characters (especially Shep)... come on vote with me here!!!!!!
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I chose "hate it!" for obvious reasons. I don't want to see any more alien chicks. Give the man a break and develop him further and show his backstory. And then maybe we will forgive TPTB
                  Girls love Stargate too and it's kind of insulting when every girl jumps at Sheppard! It's like we can't control ourselves! ever! *ggrrr*

Comment

I can see it from a girls point of veiw (feels shame)
                    there arnt any real alien chicks out of stargate

Comment

More More More Hot Ancient Women please
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        More More More Hot Ancient Women please
                        This guy i can relate to. how you doing mate

Comment

As much as I dislike the concept, I would have voted for once a season-- but I liked the no 40 year olds with prom queens option.

Comment

I think fundamentally... "kirking" demeans the character who is engaged in the "kirking"... it takes away from the moral substance and the integrity of the person and turns them into a running joke.

So I vote... "never again"...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              I think fundamentally... "kirking" demeans the character who is engaged in the "kirking"... it takes away from the moral substance and the integrity of the person and turns them into a running joke.

So I vote... "never again"...
                              I couldn't agree more!! Kirking is offensive to the character that performs it and is, therefore, dimished into nothingness. Specially if together with the kirking we get no character development whatsoever!!
                              Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X