Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 - an interview with Gardiner Millar (Yat'yir)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - an interview with Gardiner Millar (Yat'yir)

From TV Highlights (german magazine), issue 12/2005

An interview with Gardiner Millar who plays the Jaffa Yat'yir in the 9th season of Stargate SG-1

(Again, this is my translation, so please excuse the bad grammar etc. )

TV Highlights: In the 9th season of Stargate SG-1 you play a new character called Yat'yir. What kind of a charater is he and to which race does he belong?

Gardiner Millar: Yat'yir is a Jaffa warrior who once belonged to the God "Montu". He is a strong warrior who is easily annoyed. He is not very diplomatic and sensitive. But I think that he is also some kind of a philosopher. He loves his people and does what he considers to be the best for them.

TVH: How does he get in contact with the SG-1 team?

GM: Yat'yir appears for the first time in the episode "Origin". As an actor I always wated to be on Stargate. [...] I'm a huge fan of science fiction and I felt really honored to work with the man (Louis Gossett Jr.) who played Jeriba in "Enemy Mine". It was not only very interesting to watch him act, he also impressed everybody with his kindness and charm. We spent our first day of shooting playing jokes on each other. That was a lot of fun.

TVH: What is his realtionship to Gerak like?

GM: He's Geraks lieutenant and very loyal to him. Even his pursue for power is secondarily to his loyalty.

TVH: Who are his enemies?

GM: His "nemesis" hasn't been revealed yet, but he mistrusts everybody who holds a grudge against Gerak. Gerak is his best friend. They have fought many battles together.

TVH: How would you describe Yat'yir?

GM: Yat'yir is a simple man, whos loyalty is on the one hand his greatest strenghts but on the other hand his most fatal weakness. He refuses to be unloyal. [...]

TVH: When will we see you on a convention?

GM: I haven't attended a convention as of yet, but I'm going to be at the Timeless Destination Con 2006 in Vancouver. Yat'yir is going to appear in five more episodes so I'm sure it's going to be an interesting experience.

TVH: What are your plans for the future?

GM: Right now I'm focussiong on my career as an actor. At the moment there is an interesting SciFi show in preparation and it looks like I'm going to get the opportunity to a part of it. But nothing is settled yet so I can't tell you any more.
Working...
X