Clear All

The Illustrated Companion: Seasons 7 and 8

Stargate SG-1: The Illustrated Companion: Seasons 7 and 8

Available June 24th 2005.
    Paperback 160 pages (June 24, 2005)
    Publisher: Titan Books
    ISBN: 1840239344

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...532647-1160669

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere in the news section - so apologises in advance if it is here somewhere - skimmed through to page 5 and nothing so I'll post it.

Thanks for the info. I've got TG's other Companion Books,so I'll preorder this one.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I love that picture with the waterfal behind the gate. It looks amazing.
      Have we ever seen a waterfall like that on the show though?
      Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
      Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
      Citizen Joe

Comment

No we haven't.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Here is a synopsis of the book from Amazon.co.uk

Synopsis
          THE OFFICIAL COMPANION TO SEASONS 7 & 8, WITH EXCLUSIVE CONTRIBUTIONS FROM THE CAST AND CREW!

This is the official companion to seasons 7 and 8 of the hit TV series spin-off from the blockbuster action-adventure movie Stargate. Colonel Jack O'Neill, leader of an elite military team, tries to learn the secrets of the Stargate, a mysterious ancient portal that allows instantaneous travel to remote planets throughout the universe. Stargate SG-1 is simply bigger than ever! Titan's bestselling series of official companions continues, with this fourth volume covering seasons 7 and 8 of the hit show in the exacting detail that fans have come to expect from writer Thomasina Gibson. Featuring exclusive cast and crew contributions, including Richard Dean Anderson!

Comment

Just a reminder to fans - the release date is coming up soon.

The actual release date has been put back a week and it is now released on Friday 1st July.

Amazon.co.uk price = £8.39
            Ottakar Book Shop price is = £10.99

Just ordered mine on Amazon so hopefully should get it on the day it's released.

Comment

Has anyone got their book yet?

I couldn't find it anywhere near me - so I've ordered it off Play.com but they are still awaiting stock still of the item!

Comment

These books aren't available in Australia. Is it worth me asking Santa(hubby) to get them for me for Christmas. If so I'll have to buy them through the net. I'll also have to allow time for postage.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

The books are deffo worth the money. I have been very impressed with the content of the books over the last three I have obtained.

The Forward by a member of the crew are very funny and insightful, we then have a few pages on how Stargate is going and how the ratings have made it be reneweled again and again.

We then get onto the episodes - two pages for each with a brief snyopsis and then the cast comment on filming and how the story came about etc - very insightful.

The Character guides are also very good as are the extras at the back about costuming, locations, SFX and fans etc.

It is worth collecting as some day in the future they will be worth something - so deffo get Santa to get you them

Comment

i want this i hope that my book store stocks this

Comment

The Release Date on Amazon.co.uk has been updated - it is now due on the 29th July 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                        The Release Date on Amazon.co.uk has been updated - it is now due on the 29th July 2005.

Thank you for the updates.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Whoo hoo, I finally found an Australian book store that sells them and I can get all 4 books for $AUD30 each. Santa's going to have a heavy sack this year what with the 4 books and the board game I bought for myself the other day. I'm going to have a very Stargate Christmas. Can't wait.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Just got this in an email from Amazon UK

We wanted to let you know that the following title, "Stargate SG-1: The Illustrated Companion: Seasons 7 and 8" previously listed
                            as not yet published, has now been published. Unfortunately, the title
                            is not available from our suppliers at present, which means it could take
                            4-6 weeks to arrive in our distribution centre.
                            That's for the U.K though, possibly the book will be available in the States sooner?

Divcon: Whoo hoo, I finally found an Australian book store that sells them and I can get all 4 books for $AUD30 each. Santa's going to have a heavy sack this year what with the 4 books and the board game I bought for myself the other day. I'm going to have a very Stargate Christmas. Can't wait.
                            Looks like a happy Christmas in store ^^

Comment

When is the United States going to get it and how much is it going to cost
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X