No announcement yet.

Communication stones issues and glitches in Subversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and he remembered the key number... also he couldn't answer her the first time, and even the second time he had to think hard. so it's probably another residual memory

Comment

I would have seriously liked to have seen Rush doing a simple American accent when impersonating Morrison and Telford. There are so many little details with the stones I wish they would touch on but they don't.

Comment

So the communication stones were NOT temporarily interrupted when the Cargo Ship jumped in/out of hyperspace... do you think can we safely attribute this to the fact that it's a different sort of FTL technology than Destinty has, or do you think it was it more likely an oversight?

It just occurred to me while they were torturing Rush, and I thought "hey, it's a good thing those torture devices doesn't somehow interfere with the communication stones connection", and then I realized that they had definitely already jumped to hyperspace... (?)
        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

I'm more inclined to believe that it's a difference in FTL vs Hyperspace, simply because they've been very consistent in past episodes with regards to comm. stone interruption.

I was wondering this same thing when I noticed the Goa'uld vessel in hyperspace.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

You said it yourself Hyperspace and FTL are two different modes of transit which could have entirely different effects from gravity to radiation. Clearly it doesn't effect the stones.

Comment

Its still unclear of how FTL interupts stone communication and more importantly how it differs from hyperspace so its not too hard to believe that that the cargo ship doesn't interferes with stone communication
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                I haven't seen the episode yet *Canada* but IIRC, Telford is in Rush's body. Isn't it possible that Young didn't want to harm Rush?
                It's possible, just not probable.

Comment

Young could also be allowing Telford to give him some battle scars for evidence so that Young could justify his reprisal to any committy. For the greater good of the crew, he can't be seen beating Rush's body without cause and evidence.

Comment

Obviously such a thing doesnt exist........

Comment

After Telford's and Young's fight, the door opened and Wray looked inside at a bloodied Rush then the door closed. Normally they shoiuld show Telford's body while he's swapped but did they make an exception or was there a consciousness interruption?

Comment

well the signal to earth has to be weak due to being billions of lights years from earth. plau ftl interference
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                          After Telford's and Young's fight, the door opened and Wray looked inside at a bloodied Rush then the door closed. Normally they shoiuld show Telford's body while he's swapped but did they make an exception or was there a consciousness interruption?
                          That wasn't when the ship jumped to hyperspace. I believe they were making you think that Wray thought Rush was Rush and he was being beaten up and not Telford. If there had been an interruption then Rush would have yelled out that he had been captured.

Comment

I was a little confused by that too, but Wray knew that Telford was in Rush's body

Comment

Young could also be allowing Telford to give him some battle scars for evidence so that Young could justify his reprisal to any committy. For the greater good of the crew, he can't be seen beating Rush's body without cause and evidence.
                              The issue with the former is that Scott, Wray and Greer are outside the door. While I'm sure Greer would back Young up no matter if he was right or wrong (blindly following), I am unsure that Scott and Wray would.

Comment

Why should Young do this? Young did nothing but defends himself when Telford (in Rush's body, Telford was the one who didn't care about) starts the fight. This time Young could not be blamed for doing something wrong.

After Telford's and Young's fight, the door opened and Wray looked inside at a bloodied Rush then the door closed. Normally they should show Telford's body while he's swapped but did they make an exception or was there a consciousness interruption?
                                Once and a while the viewer is reminded that the person you see is in a different body, that's the case here. Very often they use mirrors, or something which can be used as a mirror. Here Wray sees as a third person Telford in Rush's body. And she knows very well that this is Telford, because she spoke to him before this fight happened. It's the same case when Kiva tortured Rush in Telfords body, a short moment when one of Kiva's people saw the scene, the view changed, and you see Telford's body.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X