No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 2 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked the fact that Shep took the position of killing Sumner to stop the feeding Wraith, and then needed Ford to help him get away.

Still and awsome episode after the years that have past.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
      I really liked the fact that Shep took the position of killing Sumner to stop the feeding Wraith, and then needed Ford to help him get away.

haven't seen it in years

i should
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i love the rising of Atlantis. it is so cool and well done
        sigpic

Comment

Just watched these two episodes on a repeat on Space...it's a pretty good episode! And knowing what happens in the end of the series, I kind of wish it had stayed a little closer to the pilot than what happened.
          Around The Universe

Comment

oh ok i haven't seen the end of the series the channels don't play them here. but i did really like this ep and all other episodes the did decide to play
            sigpic

Comment

It's funny to look back at that scene in light of the episodes that happened later like "broken ties" where it shows how the Wraith interrogation process actually works.

In Rising we see it and think that the Wraith Keeper is killing Sumner anyway so Shep just puts him out of his misery, in actual fact though it's unlikely Sumner would have actually died had Shep not shot him. Broken Ties showed how the Wraith interrogate people by making them old, then young, then old, then young etc over and over until they break and/or get addicted to the Wraith enzyme and become worshipers.

Shep probably thought he was just doing a mercy killing but he actually probably inadvertently saved Earth and possibly even the whole MW galaxy. If Sumner had been turned into a fully willing member of the Wraith fan club the whole expedition would probably have been dead inside of the week with an all out invasion of Earth to follow shortly. Worse still, as the team was out of contact with Earth at this point there would be absolutely no advance warning to the fact that Earth was about to come under direct surprise attack by the enemy that'd wiped out the ancients.

Once the Wraith realize how human rich the MW is to everyone else is likewise screwed, as the only thing approaching an organized power left at that point is the Lucian alliance and they're certainly not going to stop an all out Wraith invasion of the galaxy.

Comment

i agree with all u have said it is well put
                sigpic

Comment

I have to say that the city rising is the most UH-MA-ZING visual effects thing I have ever seen!! I rewatched this episode the other day and it still took my breath away.
                  "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                  -Brom in Eragon

Comment

rewatched this today. I really enjoyed the promise that the Rising 1& 2 showed for a great series. It showed the moral integrity of the characters. The wraith appeared to be the perfect villian for the series.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

I just watched this episode over the weekend and it had been years since I'd seen it.
                      WHAT A GREAT PILOT!!!

You're right they should have kept the wraith illusions...kept the wraith smart not dumb them down like they did in the end.
                      But still the rising of Atlantis was like a dream come to life....it was....perhaps the most spectacular moment in Sci Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                        I just watched this episode over the weekend and it had been years since I'd seen it.
                        WHAT A GREAT PILOT!!!

You're right they should have kept the wraith illusions...kept the wraith smart not dumb them down like they did in the end.
                        But still the rising of Atlantis was like a dream come to life....it was....perhaps the most spectacular moment in Sci Fi
                        indeed i completly agree!

Comment

I think Rising I and II were a GREAT beginning to Atlantis. I like the continuity of the first part with involving the SGC and those teammembers. I wasn't too sure about the Wraith at this point. As someone mentioned, O'Neil would be having a fit! "Cliche!" heehee.....but as i have been watching the series in order...I am finding them more interesting and not such a bad lot for a new villain in the SG world. But I have to agree, seeing the city rise out of the sea was breathtaking! An awsome bit of CGI and just the coolest thing. What a way to start the series!
                          Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            Shep probably thought he was just doing a mercy killing but he actually probably inadvertently saved Earth and possibly even the whole MW galaxy. If Sumner had been turned into a fully willing member of the Wraith fan club the whole expedition would probably have been dead inside of the week with an all out invasion of Earth to follow shortly. Worse still, as the team was out of contact with Earth at this point there would be absolutely no advance warning to the fact that Earth was about to come under direct surprise attack by the enemy that'd wiped out the ancients.
                            Interesting. I never thought of that.

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                            It was very spectacular.

Love the wraith queen......"Earth first"
                            sigpic

Comment

...why didn't sheppard shoot the queen after shooting sumner
                              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                                ...why didn't sheppard shoot the queen after shooting sumner
                                Because he was shot in the back
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X