Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(loose translation: Scarab Ship) (thanks to lt. col. Mcoy)

Type: Cruiser

Role: Workhorse

Designers:
    Tok'ra

Builders:
    Jaffa Republic
    JPA (Optional)

Users:
    Jaffa Republic
    JPA (Optional)
    Tok'ra

Size:
    660m long
    617m wide
    217 high

Powerplant :

-Twin compact L-Nq Fission cores.
    -6x Hyper-density Capacitors. Deliver combat power for nearly 3 minutes.
    -1x backup naquahdah reactor.

Propulsion:

-1x Main Inertialess Drive Node
    -7x Inertialess Maneuvering Node
    -1x Hyperdrive

Defences:

-9x Interceptor/Anti-ship Turret. (20 missiles each).

Shields:

-Front and Aft Shield generator.

Weapons:

-2x Anti-Capital Fixed Plasma cannon.
    -26x Quad-barrel Turreted Plasma Cannon.

Carrying Capacity:

-2 Tel'tak/Al'kesh launch/retrieval bays.
    -Capacity for 3 Tel'tak or 1 Al'kesh per bay.

Other:

-Rings
    -Multi-purpose cargo rooms
    -Mid-length mission facilities (leisure, etc)

Design:

In stead of building a cutting-edge ship with the newest technologies and inventions, the Jaffa decided they needed a reliable, proven kind of warship. A ship that would not require lengthy prototyping periods and extensive testing, a ship with parts interchangeable to other ships. Familiarity rather than advancement.

Because of this desire, the Pre'tak is built according to Goa'uld standards. It's weaponry is built up from the same standard components as Ha'tak, just as the shield and hyperdrive. While the hull uses naquahdah, the Pre'tak uses over 40% less Naquahdah than a Ha'tak. Although this reduces structural integrity and weapons resistance, it also cuts costs and build time. Furthermore, the use of standard Goa'uld procedures means that the Pre'tak can be made by any Goa'uld shipyard. Therefore, the Jaffa only need to minimally adapt their existing infrastructure to build them. The standardized design means that combat simulations need minimal adaption as well.

All in all, this has led to a ship with an exceptionally short prototype stage, which is relatively cheap, easy to produce and easy to man.

Description:

The Pre'tak is the Jaffa-Tok'ra answer to the Lucian War and the problems it brings. As the Lucian Aggregators are effective game-changers, the Jaffa need more and more of their Ha'tak out in the field rather than on patrol. With their internal security at risk, the Republic looked for new options. Lacking the expertise, knowledge and experience of ship design, they turned to the Tok'ra for help. In exchange for guarantees of safety and supply, the Tok'ra developed the Pre'tak for the Jaffa Republic. Incorporating many of their thoughts and desires, the Tok'ra made a ship capable of fulfilling many roles, while ensuring the Jaffa would not need major restructuring, training and adaption to operate these new ships.
    Although the Jaffa desired missiles after witnessing the Tau'ris effective use of them, the Tok'ra resisted. After some political hassling, the Hebridan agreed to fit them with missile turrets, procuring the contract for missile production in the process.

Following a relatively short design period, the first Pre'tak rolled out of a hastily-modified shipyard in mid-2026. With a work ethic rarely seen before, the Jaffa began to churn out these new, mid-sized craft. By the end of 2026, the Pre'tak had already proven it's worth as a workhorse, it's combat capacity ready to be tested.

Combat:

Rather than focusing firepower, the Pre'tak seeks power in it's firerate. Featuring 26 Quad-barrel plasma cannons, the Pre'tak can dish out surprising amounts of plasma bolts. Furthermore, it can fire all four barrels at once to increase it's chance of hitting small targets, or it can fire them sequentially to continuously bombard a shield.
    It's large number of small weapons means the Pre'tak can either focus a stream of bolts at a single opponent, or dish out fire to many targets. Either way, it can operate in a wide range.
    In order to defeat the largest of ships, the Pre'tak is equipped with two fixed Capital plasma cannons. Although it depends on power distribution and tactics, the Pre'tak main cannons require nearly half it's offensive energy output in order to function properly. It can be used in conjunction with the rest of it's cannons, but the power requirements will drain the capacitors in half the normal time.
    ALth
    Though a Pre'tak -on paper- looses a 1-on-1 from an Anubis-type Ha'tak, it is best used in hunting packs.
    Last edited by thekillman; 21 April 2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      I'd call it a good start. It's a quite unusual initial shape i must say.
      Hello!

ta..which one? I'm guessing the dreadnought? or both?
      updated the DSC here:
      www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/DSC/DSC3.3.jpg
      armour on some parts have been added..as well as the name of the ship...

satnam
      strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

Both.

Comment

no fun me i wood like Atlantis heavy modified with all the tech form all the different races there wood be no main powers supply the shields,weapons,life system wood be
          all on different ZMP and they all be shields form in side and out side attacks ever crew members wood have modified personal shields most of all the small ship or cruisers or modified Gateship wood be set up like the Asgard ships all the different tech wood be mix to make more powerful tech or ships i wood use the AG-3 satellite as a base or world defense or for Atlantis i wood replace the Power source with ZPM if there more powerful than what powering them. If i ever got my hand on any of the Stargate tech i wood heavy modified like the ancient tech is all set up to only work for people that keyed in to it there no half ass for me i wood use any and all tech i got my hands on to meet my goal that i what or need

Comment

i have no clue what you just said

Comment

Here is a class of warship I came up with for a race of mine on GW fleets called the Houjin. I do not have a image to upload at his time.

Houjin warship- Kiruada class.(Loose translation-Foe/enemy killer or revenge seeker.)

Type- Heavy cruiser.

Role- Support long range mid-range combat battleship.

Designers- Hiati house. Subcontracted parts from the houses Yokuzaki, Seronashi and Mittsakou.

Builders- Houjin kingdom.

Users- Houjin space navy.

Size- 700 m long. 300m wide. 250 m high.

Powerplant-
              6 small force shielded H.L.N fission cores.
              Two large armored fusion reactors.
              Solar collector arrays.
              10 crystal based power capacitors-Can deliver combat power for ?

Propulsion-
              Two main inertialess drive pods.
              6 smaller inertialess drive pods.
              Two hyperdrive nodes.

Defenses-
              Shields: Yokuzaki/Mittsakou hybrid technology auto modulating shielding array. 6 main emitters. 4 auxiliary emitters. Each emitter has a extra energy capacitor.

E.M emitter modules x4

1 meter nano material armor. (Similiar to a really, really strong and heat resistant Graphene like material.)

50 Yokuzaki multiple setting point defense plasma turrets.

Weapons-

-10x heavy multi-capacitor plasma lances.
              -28x missile tubes.
              -800 missile carrying capacity.

Carrying capacity-
              80 missile drones.
              5 shuttles.

Other-
              Maglifts.
              Adaptable cargo chambers.
              3 rec rooms.
              Crew capacity- 350 standard. 1000 maximum human capacity.

Design: The Houjin build larger class 3 warships based on highly similar blueprints. This allows new classes of warship to be quickly built at existing shipyards without requiring the construction of a radical new birth, and the parts required can be built at existing manufacturing plants. Adaptable robotic/nanotronic manufacturing facilities make the basic changes cost very little effort or time. For example, when Seronashi came out with the series 5 hyperdrive module which was less then half the size of the series 4 well being more effective, it took less then an hour for the manufacturing plants to reconfigure themselves. The extra space on the F.T.L capable vessels was later put to good use, such as storing more drone fighters.

All Houjin ships are mostly decentralized and equipped with numerous auxiliaries and backups. The drives for example, both ends of the vessel are equipped with the same amount of drives. The command center, multiple naquadah cells and main computer is in the center of the ship surrounded for force fields and meters of armor, the hyperdrive modules are off the center, "near" the naquadah power. Well, near the conduits to the capacitors. If one system or power node is disabled, there is probably a backup for it.

The Kiruada class ship was designed from studying the covertly acquired specifications of other the empires space vessels. Well previous designs of Houjin warship would easily decimate Ha'tak class ships which possessed very inefficient missile point defense, other empires such as the Hebridans or the Tau'ri had rapid firing, highly accurate point defense weaponry. Battle simulations and calculations showed that using the missile wave technique would not be effective for the most part.

The Kiruada was equipped with more energy weapons then your standard missile platform ship, and its number of missile tubes was reduced by 50% compared to the previous missile warship designs. Instead, enhanced miniaturizing techniques allowed for smaller devices and thus more storage space for both missiles and shielded missile drones. Within a month the ever efficient Houjin empire had fully adapted to manufacturing these technologically superior missile delivery ships at all its major ship yards. As the numbers of Kiruada class ship increase and catch up with the numbers of outdated Misairu Chakushu class vessels the older warships are broken down and used for raw material.

Combat- The Kiruada is a class 3 sized missile carrying vessel. Its first and main form as attack involves ballistic weapon assault. If a long range direct strike is ineffective, missile drones are launched to swarm the foe. When the first wave of drones is close to depleting their ordinance a second wave is already on its way to relieve them and allow the first wave to re-dock and resupply.

Once the enemy vessel is reeling, the warship closes to finish it off with its plasma lances. The multiple capacitors charged out of combat with extra power allow a completely devastating first few seconds of fire power, but even when the extra capacitors depleted they are still dangerous.

Its shields are the latest and most advanced, developed by a joint venture of Yokuzaki and Mittsakou scientists. The extra capacitors function in a similar role to the capacitors of the plasma lances, they can offer a 100% boost in shield power for a short time.

It is very difficult to attack using fighters or missiles due to its overlapping point defense network and powerful E.M "cannons".

The designs are similar to older ones, not radically different. Like, not an O'Niell compared to a Biliskner different. An efficient shape is an efficient shape. A birth designed to handle a long "tube" like vessel like an Aschen harvester would easily be able to adapt to a new class of ship built on the same basic hull shape, just higher quality. Its not like going from building a cylinder shaped vessel to building a square.

Houjin facilities incorporate robotics and mechanics to allow for the rapid reshaping and restructuring of an existing manufacturing plant. Is that not more efficient then building a new shipyard?
              Last edited by Gormagon; 27 April 2012, 08:27 AM.
              sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                Both.
                Hello

thanks killman.. i have more goodies for you..
                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....Z/MSS1.bmp.jpg
                This is my first multi ship scene, so i can see where I am..and as I'm sure you'll agree, its all over the place.
                1. The BS Zeus. humungous in almost every respect. plays a central role in my BSG fiction.
                2. The Dreadnought.
                3. Rattlesnake chassis modified to another ship. Don't know what it does just yet, but i'm hopeful that i will figure it out one day.
                4. Another Rattlesnake chassis modification. high speed interceptor/ transport.
                5. The Deep Space Carrier.
                6. The Condor. different shape. kind of jaffa ish, with some human/ tokra thrown in. i thought it looked different.
                7. A vessel similar to the hatak, but like an ancient version. my theory being that the goauld found this, and based their ships off of this one, coz it looked cool. however they didn't have the patience to work out the other tech- the gravity engines, sub space power tap etc..they only knew naquadah, and stuck with it..
                8. I had this down as the condor v2, but then it was an earth destiny variant ship, where the star diving tech was finally integrated with earth tech, but it had far more modern shielding, weapons, toilets etc...i thought it looked nice...and unusual...

The second link is of the BS Zeus in better detail (very large picture!)
                http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/BSZ/BSZM3.jpg

Check it out and tell me what you think

@Kira452- i kinda know what you said..

Thanks
                strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

That's one big ship, but the Zeus doesn't really strike me as a BSG ship. i'm certainly seeing some fresh shapes, though it's too early to really judge

Comment

Here is my first ship design, It is still not completem, but i wil slowly finish it.
                    it is meant to as a mobile battlestation, and portable sgc, while at the same time capable of defending itself, and holding it's own on the battlefeild.
                    *details included in later post if neccessary
                    Ancient Class "battlecarrier"/ supership.

length-900m
                    width-500m
                    height-260m
                    levels-96
                    tonnage-
                    crew- , 1596 pilots, 1 brigade of marines.

Passive defenses

-qaudruple layer 75 cm trinium/naquadah/steel alloy with 50 cm vaccuum baffle system and trinium/naquadah/steel alloy support braces inbetween
                    -additional 50 cm of trinium/naquadah/steel alloy armour around key areas.
                    -internal trinium/naquadah/steel braces for improved structural integrity
                    -strategetically placed trinium/naquadah/steel alloy blast doors throughout hulll ro contain atmosphere and allow ship to continue operating, even when heavily damged
                    -blast sheild, scaled down versions of hanger sheilds serving the same purpose as the blast doors, places every five meters in corridors, and at all hallway intersections
                    -ancient energy sheild reverse engineered from the dome sheild on atlantis, serves as primary sheild
                    - asgard sheild, three times the strenth of the one on the deadalus, andused as a backup incase the main sheild fails
                    -plasma window generators(look up on google if you do not know what they are) throughout outer hull to temporarily seal hull breaches until it can be repaired.

active defenses
                    -850 antimissile tubes each with a magazine of 60 missiles
                    - point defense laser clusters with seven emitter each*
                    - turreted dual coilguns*

offensive weaponry
                    -twenty tactical nuclear missile tubes each with connecting silos holdign 10 mark 9 tactical naquadah enhanced nuclear warheads
                    -twelve stratagetic nuclear missile tubes each connected to silos holding five mk 8 gatebusters
                    -2 mkII horizon weapons platforms in underside bay*
                    -four _____ weapons plastforms in underside bay*
                    -four spinal mounted particle beam cannons
                    -six turreted asgard beam cannons
                    -1spinal plasma cannon baesed on lantean lagrangean pont defense satelite*
                    -24 turreted dual plasma cannon based on gould ship mounted staff cannons
                    -40 heavy plasma cannons- heavier versions of turreted dual plasma cannons
                    -12 ion cannon turrets based on asgard ion cannons
                    -40 heavy ion cannons- heavier versions of turreted ion cannons
                    -2 dorne launchers capable of launching tauri drones or ancient drones, each holds 20,000 drones
                    - antiship laserdomes, larger versions of point defense laser emitters*
                    -150 standard missile tubes with fifty missile magazines*
                    -200 stacked missile tubes*

Comment

continuation of last post, had to switch computers, and my last post as of posting this, has not been approved of, so am not able to just edit it and add to it. Sorry.

Hangers
                      - ten 285m x 91m x 54m hangers on each side in two rows of five with front most hangers facing towards the front, and the rest facing outwards, for a total of twenty
                      -one underside 600m x 300m x 120m maintenance bay
                      - can be split up into smaller hangers using shields and magnetic fields
                      - has multiple incorporated construction beams*
                      -underside puddle-jumper bay
                      -underside weapons platform bay
                      -underside drop ship/ ground vehicle bay
                      -fighter accessible star-gate bay*

Compliment
                      -120 upgraded f-302s in four forward facing hangers
                      -360 f-305 carrier based fighters in six hangers*
                      -144 f-306 a carrier based bombers in six hangers
                      -96 f-306 b carrier based gunships in four hanger
                      -50 f-306 c drop ships in bottom hanger
                      - 75 joint light tactical vehicles
                      -100 m3 Abrams main battle tank ( standard m1 abrams with shield generator, and various other upgrades to make them more effective in combat on other worlds)
                      -160 various engineering vehicles
                      -45 m2 Bradleys
                      -60 cougars
                      -60 strykers
                      -5 portable shield generators
                      - 20 orbital defense satellites
                      -60 armored GPS satellites
                      -15 spy satellites
                      -10 communications satellites
                      -20 orbital shield generators

power generation
                      -3 neutrino ion generators
                      -12 naquada reactors
                      -12 Asgard power cores
                      2 zpms (optional)
                      -2 prototype hydrogen fusion reactors
                      -1 prototype subspace capacitor

engines
                      -4 Asgard ion engines
                      -8 standard ion engines ( same as those on deadalus)
                      -64 fighter sized ion maneuvering engines
                      -intergalactic ancient hyper-drive
                      -backup intergalactic Asgard hyper-drive
                      -8 hyperspace engines

Comment

Heres a picture of on eof the side hangers

Comment

285x95m? That's a big box...

I can't post what I'm making now... because it's for... something else..

But here are all the spaceship scenes I made for Barbot Adventures before it evolved into a Roadrunnery type cartoon..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjYnpDyt4UQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4QCC87zcQ
                          Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 27 April 2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by acegunner View Post
                            Here is my first ship design, It is still not completem, but i wil slowly finish it.
                            it is meant to as a mobile battlestation, and portable sgc, while at the same time capable of defending itself, and holding it's own on the battlefeild.
                            *details included in later post if neccessary
                            Ancient Class "battlecarrier"/ supership.
                            Ace, a lot of work go's into the designing of a combat vessel, more then just listing out the specifications of the large amount of weapon systems present on one massive vessel. For example you need to consider the locations of the power distribution nodes, conduits and capacitors for those weapons. The hard points for the weapons themselves. There is only so much space available for all your systems. The mass of the vessel may also be an issue because of inertia.

Another point, you need to think about the cost to effectiveness ratio of anything you design. For example, the Hammer drones from Iron man 2 cost about 125m apiece, totaling to a cost of around 4-5billion. In combat they lasted 15 minutes. That was a massive flush of the proverbial cash toilet. It costs US$66.9 million to build one, one, Boeing F/A-18E/F Super hornet, and all it would take to destroy one is a single 20mm M61 Vulcan round to the pilot to make it crash. A simple, single bullet.

Your supership could be destroyed by an accident, something as simple as a malfunction in the main power distribution node that leads to an unstoppable overload. Or crippled by a kamikaze run by another battle ship into its hanger bay leading to secondary explosions then finished off by another ship, and there go's a lot of money, time and crew.

On the positive side of the spectrum, it could serve as a devastating battleship and mobile command center. But there is the operating cost. Pay for the crew, budget for food and other supplies, paying for spare parts, repairs of not only the main ship but the support vessels and fighters. All those costs add up. The construction cost is not the only cost. If you have the budget and industry to support ships like this then go for it, however one last point that go's for designing anything, you always need to ask yourself "why is this needed" "what is this for" "how did it get here." Designs are made from necessity, and the simplest solution is often the best. That was something the Gateworld fleets 4.0 guys taught me.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Thats cute lol.^^

Comment

I have downsized it to make it a little more feasible, and will include the list of extras, and design notes I have written down. I will try to get them in the next post.
                                As this vessels purpose is to be a mobile command station, and battleship, it has a variety of weapons.
                                Length- 710m
                                width-700m
                                height-260m
                                levels-96
                                tonnage-
                                crew-800; 384 pilots, 1000 marines. Can hold 2500 people

Passive defenses

-qaudruple layer 75 cm trinium/naquadah/steel alloy with 50 cm vaccuum baffle system and trinium/naquadah/steel alloy support braces inbetween
                                -additional 50 cm of trinium/naquadah/steel alloy armour around key areas.
                                -internal trinium/naquadah/steel braces for improved structural integrity
                                -strategetically placed trinium/naquadah/steel alloy blast doors throughout hulll ro contain atmosphere and allow ship to continue operating, even when heavily damged
                                -blast sheild, scaled down versions of hanger sheilds serving the same purpose as the blast doors, places every five meters in corridors, and at all hallway intersections
                                -ancient energy sheild reverse engineered from the dome sheild on atlantis, serves as primary sheild
                                - asgard sheild, three times the strenth of the one on the deadalus, andused as a backup incase the main sheild fails
                                -plasma window generators(look up on google if you do not know what they are) throughout outer hull to temporarily seal hull breaches until it can be repaired.
                                Active defenses
                                -450 antimissile tubes each with a magazine of 60 missiles
                                -60 point defense laser clusters with seven emitter each*
                                -24 turreted dual coil guns*
                                Offensive weaponry
                                -six tactical nuclear missile tubes each with connecting silos holding 15 mark 9 tactical naquadah enhanced nuclear warheads (60 total)
                                -six strategic nuclear missile tubes each connected to silos holding five mk 8 gate busters ( thirty total)
                                -four mkII horizon weapons platforms in underside bay*
                                -four spinal mounted particle beam cannons
                                -two turreted asgard beam cannons
                                -1 spinal plasma cannon based on lantean lagrangean point defense satellite*
                                - turreted dual plasma cannon based on Gould ship mounted staff cannons
                                -ten heavy plasma cannons- heavier versions of turreted dual plasma cannons
                                -12 ion cannon turrets based on asgard ion cannons
                                -ten heavy ion cannons- heavier versions of turreted ion cannons
                                - anti-ship laser domes, larger versions of point defense laser emitters*
                                -100 standard missile tubes with fifty missile magazines*
                                -100 stacked missile tubes with five sets of five missiles*
                                Hangers
                                - six 285m x 91m x 54m hangers on each side in two rows of three with front most hangers facing towards the front, and the rest facing outwards, for a total of twelve
                                -one underside 400m x 120m x 100m maintenance bay
                                - can be split up into smaller hangers using shields and magnetic fields
                                - has multiple incorporated construction beams*
                                -underside puddle-jumper bay
                                -underside weapons platform bay
                                -underside drop ship/ ground vehicle bay
                                -fighter accessible star-gate bay*
                                Compliment
                                -120 upgraded f-302s in four forward facing hangers
                                -120 f-305 carrier based fighters in two hangers*
                                -96 f-306 a carrier based bombers in four hangers
                                -48 f-306 b carrier based gunships in two hangers
                                -50 f-306 c drop ships in bottom hanger
                                - 20 joint light tactical vehicles
                                -50 m2 Abrams main battle tank ( standard m1 abrams with shield generator, and various other upgrades to make them more effective in combat on other worlds)
                                -60 various engineering vehicles
                                -45 m2 Bradleys
                                -20 cougars
                                -30 strykers
                                -5 portable shield generators
                                - 20 orbital defense satellites
                                -25 armored GPS satellites
                                -5 spy satellites
                                -3 communications satellites
                                -5 orbital shield generators
                                power generation
                                -3 neutrino ion generators, one dedicated to large plasma cannon, two for general purpose power
                                -6 naquada reactors as backup power
                                - 24 Asgard power cores, one directly connected to each large cannon
                                -3 zpms (optional)
                                -2 prototype hydrogen fusion reactors, connected to hyperdrives
                                -1 prototype subspace capacitor connected to ancient shield generator

engines
                                -4 Asgard ion engines
                                -8 standard ion engines ( same as those on deadalus)
                                -64 fighter sized ion maneuvering engines
                                -intergalactic ancient hyper-drive
                                -backup intergalactic Asgard hyper-drive
                                -8 hyperspace engines

Comment

Working...
                                X